This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Summer 2013 - Pizza Season

Ask and ye shall receive. Since there's no hockey worth talking about, where do you go for pizza when you can't get to Pat's? For my money in Portland, the best are Otto's, Bonobo's, Flat Bread, and Portland Pie. Great gourmet pizzas, all but PP are wood-fire.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Re: Maine Summer 2013 - Pizza Season

Are we ready to admit that the off-season is really here?

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Reportedly the game at Fenway will take the place of the game at BU (scheduled for Sunday, November 17). Reports also are that we are set to see a Hockey East festival at Fenway with 5 conference games (likely over two days) highlighted by a possible Notre Dame-Boston College game. The 11th HEA team would likely play a non-conference game at Fenway. I don't know if the ECAC or AHA teams from the area are doing likewise, but I would expect to see some D-III and high school action as well.

None of this is "official" yet but an announcement could be coming any day now. Or the league may defer and let the Red Sox make the announcement on their timetable.

Comment

My house
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Had my first Portland Pie pizza, in of all places, Nashua, NH. Looking at a job over there on friday and there was a Margarita's right at the job and a PP. It was good, not great in my opinion. Seemed wierd to see memorabelia of Maine over there on the walls until it dawned on me it was the Portland Pie Co..., . A draft was good with it, but kind of wished I had did Margaritas instead...course if I had done that, I still could be there

Gotta try this Italian joint in Westbrook...it'd be a pickup on the way home from work.

So, what we all want to know, is Timmay fired yet?
          sure why not

Comment

Speaking of food, I wonder how cheap lobsters will be this summer? Lobstermen were practically giving them away last year.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Speaking of food, I wonder how cheap lobsters will be this summer? Lobstermen were practically giving them away last year.
              Yeah, last year the prices were really low on soft-shell lobsters because they shed early, if I'm getting my facts straight. Has anybody ever had lobster as a pizza topping?

Comment

No, but it sure sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                  Had my first Portland Pie pizza, in of all places, Nashua, NH. Looking at a job over there on friday and there was a Margarita's right at the job and a PP. It was good, not great in my opinion. Seemed wierd to see memorabelia of Maine over there on the walls until it dawned on me it was the Portland Pie Co..., . A draft was good with it, but kind of wished I had did Margaritas instead...course if I had done that, I still could be there

Gotta try this Italian joint in Westbrook...it'd be a pickup on the way home from work.

So, what we all want to know, is Timmay fired yet?
                  I don't really care for portland pie at all... as was mentioned earlier, otto is fantastic. the pat's in yarmouth does an all right job (if memory serves, the family owns that locale). in westbrook, are you talking about casa novello? not pizza, but not too far from there, the blue burrito cafe is terrific (everything from scratch, owners are from the new orleans area)...

whoever mentioned po' boys and pickles is spot on... the name doesn't do the food justice!

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    I don't really care for portland pie at all... as was mentioned earlier, otto is fantastic. the pat's in yarmouth does an all right job (if memory serves, the family owns that locale). in westbrook, are you talking about casa novello? not pizza, but not too far from there, the blue burrito cafe is terrific (everything from scratch, owners are from the new orleans area)...

whoever mentioned po' boys and pickles is spot on... the name doesn't do the food justice!
                    That was me. I love Po Boys. I could eat there every day. The Frog and Turtle in Westbrook is really good too. Try the "swamp thing" its a cocktail that has a very unique presentation. Casa Novella is excellent. Reasonable prices (esp on Mon's & Tues 2-4-1).

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

No I think someone said Angelones had good pizza, that is the one I was referring to. For a brew and a burger and great atmosphere its hard to beat Sebago Brewing Co. right in Gorham in my opinion. Me and mss bear were there friday night.
                      sure why not

Comment

At the Pirates. But I didn't win any Portland Pie in chuck-a-puck.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Nice goal by Derek Arnold to put Lowel up 1-0 over BU
                          To bad Maine can't get a player like that

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                            No I think someone said Angelones had good pizza, that is the one I was referring to. For a brew and a burger and great atmosphere its hard to beat Sebago Brewing Co. right in Gorham in my opinion. Me and mss bear were there friday night.
                            angelones is good... they have a couple locations, the other is on washington in portland.... used to be one in sopo as well

Comment

Derek Arnold with the game winner, once again TF F, nice job judging talent Timmay
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                              X