This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Monty on record saying he's "shocked" Maine hasn't contacted him and that he hopes they do....

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/04/1...-coaching-job/
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Monty on record saying he's "shocked" Maine hasn't contacted him and that he hopes they do....

WS, I thought he was a shoe in. Thanks for the article.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        WS, I thought he was a shoe in. Thanks for the article.
        Well, if SA goes to Denver and Maine doesn't contact Monty (or vice versa), I'll take him for RPI.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Well, if SA goes to Denver and Maine doesn't contact Monty (or vice versa), I'll take him for RPI.
          Only problem is if Maine has a rough year and with Corkum only having the "interim" tag, we will be going thru this same exercise next spring.

Comment

Thought for sure I would come home to see Our Great Coach is no longer with RPI. This is going to make Monday suck even more if they announce it then.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Not if his dream is going back to Maine. If that is the case-why would we want another coach who is just coming until something else opens up. I don't think we should lower ourselves to being a program used to train coaches for other programs. I want a guy who really wants to be in Troy and make this program something special-I thought SA is that guy and I actually still feel he will do the job here.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Perhaps they're waiting for his season to be over? Just a thought.

Comment

Congratulations to Bailen for being named to the first-team All-American squad.

PS It looks like there was a tie for 2nd-best defensemen, what with three D-men being named to the first team on the East side.

PPS Observant readers will notice that Bailen was also recognized on the second team two seasons ago.
                  Last edited by burgie12; 04-12-2013, 05:35 PM.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    Congratulations to Bailen for being named to the first-team All-American squad.

PS It looks like there was a tie for 2nd-best defensemen, what with three D-men being named to the first team on the East side.\

PPS Observant readers will notice that Bailen was also recognized on the second team two seasons ago.
                    Congrats to Nick.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Not if his dream is going back to Maine. If that is the case-why would we want another coach who is just coming until something else opens up. I don't think we should lower ourselves to being a program used to train coaches for other programs. I want a guy who really wants to be in Troy and make this program something special-I thought SA is that guy and I actually still feel he will do the job here.
                      I agree that we shouldn't become a training ground, but I am assuming that if he doesn't get the Maine job now it won't open up for another decade again.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IIRC, Bailen is the 1st RPI defenseman to be named to the 1st team since Mike Dark in 1986.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It was a bit of a right-handed endorsement, if you ask me...
                          Who asked you?
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                            Who asked you?
                            Your mom.

Comment

I agree that we shouldn't become a training ground, but I am assuming that if he doesn't get the Maine job now it won't open up for another decade again.
                              You are probably right-but things just seem to be so fluid and happening so fast now in NCAA hockey. Once the old guard of coaches start to retire we could be seeing a lot of movement around. If we cannot get a little stability with someone who commits for 10 years or more-then we hopefully will get some high profile guy even if it is for just a few years. We are getting close and to fall back now would just be miserable.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Offseason Injury Update:
                                -Tinordi had knee surgery on his MCL this week (Tuesday or Wednesday) and is in a full leg stabilizer with crutches. His return is unknown until it is determined if the surgery worked or not
                                -Higgs has a minor injury, still able to participate in most activities like lift, but still being monitored
                                -Rogic is being monitored very closely during his lift. It is likely his lower back
                                -Miller has been in the training room for his shoulder for the last couple of weeks
                                -Schroeder has almost fully recovered

Those are the notable injuries with Tinordi having the most severe and Rogic having another concerning one. Lots of other players just have the normal after practice and lift woes. This is information from another RPI athlete.

Comment

Working...
                                X