X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    No, giving Ralph my new email. My wife had battle with Time Warner, my nycap account is no longer. Would you like my new email since you obsesse over me? Granato, Appert and Lalonde are the three. You would miss our great coach wouldn't you?
    No and yes. No I don't need your email and yes I would miss SA. He is entertaining to say the least. By the way, earlier you accused me of leaving you neg rep. Just to set the record straight, it was not me. I can't give you rep again for a while I think because I left you positive rep before and signed my name. Sorry to disappoint you.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

not RPI related but USA Hockey just released their summer evaluation camp dates @ Lake Placid in Aug. It's been a while, perhaps never?, but Canada will be there this year. Also, unlike last few years, most days will feature 2 games among US, Can., Sweden & Finland. I've really enjoyed going there the last few years getting to talk with the hockey writers and NHL scouts.... http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/ne...rrer_id=701370
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
        I can't give you rep again for a while I think because I left you positive rep before and signed my name.
        I'm sorry for accusing you falsely. I'm going stop the carping at you. Peace, all my best to you and your family
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Just saw this tweet from WaP from a person named Schlossman who covers College Hockey for Grand Forks Herald:

Schlossman ‏@SchlossmanGF 4h DU will begin interviews soon. Believed to be 4 finalists. I believe Don Granato, Derek Lalonde and Seth Appert are three of them.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            What interesting turn are you referring to?
            Seth interviewing there....
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Today is 11 April 2013. There are 177 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Please check your email.
                I got it and did as you asked.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just saw this tweet from WaP from a person named Schlossman who covers College Hockey for Grand Forks Herald:

Schlossman ‏@SchlossmanGF 4h DU will begin interviews soon. Believed to be 4 finalists. I believe Don Granato, Derek Lalonde and Seth Appert are three of them.
                  According to a reliable source, they are hoping to have a new coach by Monday.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                    According to a reliable source, they are hoping to have a new coach by Monday.
                    If SA is the choice, hopefully we can find a new coach as rapidly. IMHO, the procedure after Fridgen was released dragged out too long.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                      if sa is the choice, hopefully we can find a new coach as rapidly. Imho, the procedure after fridgen resigned dragged out too long.
                      fyp

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Curious on why Tom? I think there is SOME truth to this, don't you? I feel we are getting B talent in the big picture of college hockey, which is fantastic for RPI. The A level talent is usually headed to other schools and for the most part, other leagues. Makes it all the more sweeter when RPI and other ECAC schools have national success.
                        I kind of agree and disagree at the same time. I'd phrase it slightly differently, similar end result: these are college hockey players. RPI has a more demanding curriculum than many other college hockey powers, no matter what your choice of major. Consequently, our pool of potential recruits is necessarily smaller than it is for some of our competitors.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          If SA is the choice, hopefully we can find a new coach as rapidly. IMHO, the procedure after Fridgen was released dragged out too long.
                          I would like to throw a name into the hat for RPI's next Head Coach. Ben Barr . I feel Barr should be considered. Barr played for RPI from 2000-2004, MVP for 2 years, Captain, volunteered 1 year for Appert. Union assistant under Leaman for 2 years. Barr helped turn that program around and now he's doing the same at Providence with Leaman. Seems to me he's a great recruiter. Barr has been an assistant coach for 6 years. Barr's ready !

Comment

All this off season drama thus far should make for an interesting banquet next Friday night. Can't wait to see what some have to report from it. Also wonder if Nick will make the banquet since Rochester has a game that night in Toronto.
                            Last edited by Stay@homeDad; 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Not hockey related but who think Tiger will win the Masters this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                                Not hockey related but who think Tiger will win the Masters this weekend?
                                Heck no. I only root for golfers that swing the club just like how the BRO shoots the puck (feeble attempt to keep this on topic, I know). They've won 5 of the last 10, even if three were from one guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X