• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Monty going to Maine likely
    Basically done deal.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

...on the lighter side, Aspy, when you finally get the position Head of Officials for the ECAC see if you can hire this former NHL Linesman.....video is long, if you want go to the 3:50 mark.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY7K...ature=youtu.be
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
        Probably feels he owes it to himself and his family to at least listen to what DU says. Don't get me wrong, I think DU could put together a good package for him. But lots of people go through interviews and turn down job offers. We'll see how this plays out, but with all the weirdness that has happened at DU lately, it just seems like an unpredictable situation.

DU might also be very impressed by LaLonde's USHL coaching resume. I would still prefer Appert, but this blurb on LaLonde is pretty impressive:

Lalonde led the Gamblers to a historic regular season mark of 47-9-4 this past season in route to capturing both the Anderson Cup and Clark Cup Championships. Lalonde’s 47 wins were the most for a first year head coach in USHL history surpassing former Gamblers head coach Eric Rud (41). Under the guidance of Lalonde, the team broke Tier 1 records in points (98), wins (47), road wins (25) fewest losses (9), goals scored (250) and goal differential (+112). For his efforts, Lalonde was named 2012 USHL Coach of the Year.
        But the dude is bald and Coach will be gelled to the max for his interview.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          ...on the lighter side, Aspy, when you finally get the position Head of Officials for the ECAC see if you can hire this former NHL Linesman.....video is long, if you want go to the 3:50 mark.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY7K...ature=youtu.be
          Saw this live on WSBK 23 on local cable here. Annoucers were Fred Cusick and Pie McKenzie

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            I've been looking for a change of scenery. This may be the thing that makes me move.
            Place sucks, let's get out of here.

Comment

Don't kid your self, RPI to DU would be considered a promotion

A winning hockey tradition, the Denver location (have you ever spent much time in Troy?), great facilities (have you seen RPI?), pretty solid fan base (much better than RPI), NHC (vs ECAC) and the built in proven staff whom he has worked with previously (and has a great relationship with Miller).

Even if DU offers him the same money he getting at RPI, it would be a step up the ladder

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post
                Don't kid your self, RPI to DU would be considered a promotion

A winning hockey tradition, the Denver location (have you ever spent much time in Troy?), great facilities (have you seen RPI?), pretty solid fan base (much better than RPI), NHC (vs ECAC) and the built in proven staff whom he has worked with previously (and has a great relationship with Miller).

Even if DU offers him the same money he getting at RPI, it would be a step up the ladder
                Isn't the NHC in St, Clooud?

Comment

and the built in proven staff whom he has worked with previously (and has a great relationship with Miller).
                  Miller goes w/ gwoz.

Comment

There's also an emotional connection no doubt. That's what it all comes down to, this one crucial point: does DU offer him the position in the first place?
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Today is 10 April 2013. There are 178 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        There's also an emotional connection no doubt. That's what it all comes down to, this one crucial point: does DU offer him the position in the first place?
                        They probably will.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                          AspyDad--not trying to sandbag as a DU fan, but I don't agree with you. If DU deems Appert to be the best candidate, I think it would take a fantastic offer to get Appert away from RPI. I imagine Appert is very attached to RPI, and would love to follow through on what he has been building there.
                          I do think that he would like to follow through on what he has been doing at RPI, and he is very close to doing it, but if he gets the Denver job, I expect that he will take it. There is the possibility that he will meet Ms. Hyphen and decide that he would prefer staying 2000 miles from her -- I know that I would.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I do think that he would like to follow through on what he has been doing at RPI, and he is very close to doing it, but if he gets the Denver job, I expect that he will take it. There is the possibility that he will meet Ms. Hyphen and decide that he would prefer staying 2000 miles from her -- I know that I would.
                            Exactly right RB. If your Apps, you HAVE to interview, that is a given. But there are of course variables, a few of which being: 1) Do they offer it to you, 2) Do you REALLY want to work for the Hyphen ? 3) Do you REALLY want to be the guy that immediately follows the guy - who they just ran out of town in less than classy fashion? 4)Do I use the leverage I just created by interviewing at DU to increase my salary and stay in Troy to finish what I started ( I think there is a ceiling to what RPI will pay, and they may be close to it already)?

Plenty of questions -- time will tell. My gut says if they offer, he'll likely go...but I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this one.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-10-2013, 08:49 AM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Exactly right RB. If your Apps, you HAVE to interview, that is a given. But there are of course variables, a few of which being: 1) Do they offer it to you, 2) Do you REALLY want to work for the Hyphen ? 3) Do you REALLY want to be the guy that immediately follows the guy - who they just ran out of town in less than classy fashion? 4)Do I use the leverage I just created by interviewing at DU to increase my salary and stay in Troy to finish what I started ( I think there is a ceiling to what RPI will pay, and they may be close to it already)?

Plenty of questions -- time will tell. My gut says if they offer, he'll likely go...but I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this one.
                              Not trying to blow smoke up the *** of those that believe this, but if one of the reasons cited by Denver was lack of success in the national scene, then why the heck would they want to hire Appert? Sure, the recruiting is good, and his teams have shown that they can be competitive against some of the best in the country (OOC records in the past few years are evidence enough of that), but if Denver's concern is the playoffs, what has he done as a head coach? Jack squat. Obviously Appert's that "missing link" that left just before Gwoz started to have his "fall", but he was an assistant most likely in charge of recruits and goaltending, possibly also defence and PK.

OK, I'm done ranting.

Comment

I'm guessing that the interview was offered to Seth and he accepted the interview because it's the right thing for both parties to do. I think even if he is not interested in the job, he would be doing a disservice to himself and his family, by not checking out any of the very limited opportunities there are in being a head coach at the Division 1 level. There are alot of dynamics that make this a unique situation, none more than the way Gwoz was dismissed and the relationship between him and Seth. Another being a seemingly unstable situation in the DU athletics department. I wouldn't say it would be a long shot in Seth becoming the DU coach but I still think the situations both parties are in would dictate a different direction.

This leads us to, what if he leaves? Could we lose recruits? Will Monty be in Maine by then? Is Ben Barr ready? Is Gwoz a reach due to salary constraints? Lots to think about!

Comment

Working...
                                X