Is BU playing tonight????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BU playing tonight????????

To look at the this board you'd never know there is another game tonight.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Re: Is BU playing tonight????????

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
    To look at the this board you'd never know there is another game tonight.
    Sometimes it's best to be quiet....And by golly did I learn that lesson today

Some teams instruct their players and by extension their parents to stay of the boards. Not sure if that is the case here, but I know our D's team has done this in the past.

Comment

LOL I think IceIsNice is taking that advice to heart..........Only Granddaddyscout can get him to post.
      Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Some teams instruct their players and by extension their parents to stay of the boards.
        Yes, but fans answer to no one. BC at least has Tony and Joe. You mean that aren't a couple of similar goofballs at BU?
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

We know there is ONE at Mercyhurst!!! Sorry Steve (Ice) couldn't let that softball go by!
          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Yes, but fans answer to no one. BC at least has Tony and Joe. You mean that aren't a couple of similar goofballs at BU?
            Good lord, I hope not.

Comment

Spring Break...kinda tough to post from the beach...

Comment

Not a BU fan, but the underdog gods may bless them.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                  Not a BU fan, but the underdog gods may bless them.
                  UM didn't seem their usual selves to me tonight. Something was missing or maybe it was BC's speed that changed the complexion of the game that UM usually plays. Maybe just my imagination...but I started wondering about the toll that last weekend's game may have taken on them and whether or not it was a factor in tonight's game.

Two games...and two real close ones for UM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    UM didn't seem their usual selves to me tonight. Something was missing or maybe it was BC's speed that changed the complexion of the game that UM usually plays. Maybe just my imagination...but I started wondering about the toll that last weekend's game may have taken on them and whether or not it was a factor in tonight's game.

Two games...and two real close ones for UM.
                    Winning a national championship is difficult. If it was easy, more teams would do it! The important thing is that the Gophers made it to the championship game, and are very much in it. Anything can happen, but I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Winning a national championship is difficult. If it was easy, more teams would do it! The important thing is that the Gophers made it to the championship game, and are very much in it. Anything can happen, but I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
                      Tonight, a fine gentleman gave me an offer to the result of the final that I couldn't refuse. Who do you I think I took, and what were the odds?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        I agree and I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                          Tonight, a fine gentleman gave me an offer to the result of the final that I couldn't refuse. Who do you I think I took, and what were the odds?
                          I would guess that the "fine gentleman" you bet with was not a very "smart gentlemen", and he gave you odds that didn't make any sense whatsoever, so you took the bet. What exactly those odds were and who you bet on, how is one to know?
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                            We know there is ONE at Mercyhurst!!! Sorry Steve (Ice) couldn't let that softball go by!
                            LOL, my time spent away from the boards is more attributed to travel and beverage consumption than anything else.

I just want to say that while all of us in green acknowledge that last night kind of sucked, we are really so fricken proud of our girls. Regardless of how quickly things transpired in the game, nothing will ever erase the tremendous feeling of hearing my daughter's name announced in the starting lineup of a frozen four game. She could have got lit up 10-0 in the first period, and I'd still feel every bit as proud.

The whirlwind over the last 4 weeks has been a truly amazing experience. Watching her and her team as they were winning close games, being acknowledged with awards, being asked to attend press conferences, being interviewed for articles in her home newspaper as well as in Erie and on USCHO......... absolutely none of this gets erased by one shaky performance, even if it did happen to come in such a high profile game. Mr. UConn Fan, I would respectfully submit to you, and I think you would agree, given what my daughter's college experience had been up to this point, in the last few weeks she ripped that softball out of the park!

The final horn sounded last night and of course we were a bit down and disappointed, but like I told my daughter and several of her teammates that I'm close with, "You were here, and no one can take that away from you!"

Congratulations Mercyhurst, and yes....Ice is still doing a happy dance!

I want to say congratulations to Ms. Sperry on a very nice game last night. To suggest that she handled many quality shots would be to actually give Mercyhurst credit for something, to which I'll only suggest that our critics can't have it both ways. LOL But seriously, I thought we did have at least a few high quality chances....couple of which we shot just off net but those that were on target were neatly and efficiently handled by Ms. Sperry and I fully respect her effort and performance in last night's game. Good luck to BU..... rooting for you all the way!
                            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                              The final horn sounded last night and of course we were a bit down and disappointed, but like I told my daughter and several of her teammates that I'm close with, "You were here, and no one can take that away from you!"
                              Exactly. Years from now they will proudly look back onto this Journey, experience and and accomplishments with fond memories. !!!
                              For many of them this will be one if not the highlight of their hockey career.

Comment

Working...
                              X