• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 D-3 Schedules

SNC:
    http://www.snc.edu/athletics/hockeyw...html?s=2013-14
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Re: 2013-14 D-3 Schedules

I wondered how these were going to look...1 series against a WIAC school. I'm curious how the WIAC schedule is going too look. If they play 4 games against eachother thats only 12 games....where are they going to fill in the other 13, when the NCHA and MIAC teams only have 7 nonconference games available. I'm sure the WIAC schools will need to avoid playing teams like Finlandia or Augsburg or Marian...if they want any chance of making the NCAA's.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      I wondered how these were going to look...1 series against a WIAC school. I'm curious how the WIAC schedule is going too look. If they play 4 games against eachother thats only 12 games....where are they going to fill in the other 13, when the NCHA and MIAC teams only have 7 nonconference games available. I'm sure the WIAC schools will need to avoid playing teams like Finlandia or Augsburg or Marian...if they want any chance of making the NCAA's.
      Curious question, as I have not really followed that WIAC split off. What does that do to the Autobid picture for next year. ?

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Curious question, as I have not really followed that WIAC split off. What does that do to the Autobid picture for next year. ?
        I have to check on this but the WIAC schools will certainly be without an autobid.

There is a possibility that the Pool B bid could return next year however.

Eau Claire
        Stevens Point
        River Falls
        Superior
        Stevenson
        UNE

All D3 schools not in automatic qualifying conferences. That's six and one short of the required seven needed. That 7th team could be SUNY Canton. I have to check on their full D-III status to see if they count in the ratio because if they do, that will be 7 teams which means Pool B is back and a Pool C bid is taken away leaving just two at-large bids eligible for everybody.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I have to check on this but the WIAC schools will certainly be without an autobid.

There is a possibility that the Pool B bid could return next year however.

Eau Claire
          Stevens Point
          River Falls
          Superior
          Stevenson
          UNE

All D3 schools not in automatic qualifying conferences. That's six and one short of the required seven needed. That 7th team could be SUNY Canton. I have to check on their full D-III status to see if they count in the ratio because if they do, that will be 7 teams which means Pool B is back and a Pool C bid is taken away leaving just two at-large bids eligible for everybody.
          You would assume that with those eastern teams the pool B would be a ticket for the top WIAC team
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

You have to wonder how high the "strength of schedule" is for the NCHA with the WIAC four removed?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              You have to wonder how high the "strength of schedule" is for the NCHA with the WIAC four removed?
              Well they are replacing their 6 games with UWS, UWRF, and UWEC with another game against each other NCHA team..

UWS/UWRF/UWEC's combined record this year was

46-30-8 (or 54.8% winning %)

SNC is replacing those games with games against Adrian, LFC, CSS, Marian, Finlandia and CUW...whose combined record was 57-84-18 (or a 41.5% winning %)
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
              X