Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

I would not be surprised if Tech offered Whitten a bit of a raise to help him confirm his decision to withdraw.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      personally, I think anybody would be crazy to step into that mess in Anchorage.
      I think any current assistant would be glad for the opportunity. If you win you're a hero. If you lose everyone assumes that no none can win there. Low expectations to say the least.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

glad very very glad to have Whitten on board for another year! honestly, he is so much better than to get involved in the ever increasing trainwreck that used to be called Seawolves hockey.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Tech fans, please go here and vote for the WCHA:
          http://overtheboards.net/college-hoc...weekly-series/

Let's see if we can get a 2nd WCHA team featured...hopefully the Huskies

CONFIRMED via twitter, if WCHA finishes top 2, MTU will be featured by OTB, let's make it happen!
          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Just looked at the count. The WCHA has more than doubled its vote total in the past 4-5 hours.

Which one of you is stuffing the ballot box?

Comment

THe NAHL draft is going on, Tech recruits I've seen so far:

Mitch Reinke - 7th by Aberdeen Wings

Chris Leibinger - 17th to Texas Tornado

Travis Brown - 53 Coulee Region

Trevor Cope - 94 Rio Grande Valley

For those that know more than me, why would Texas draft Leibinger, when he was in the press release as attending Tech this fall?

Comment

In my book, Whitten had the best pedigree of any of the candidates UAA had. Interesting that the top end of their applicant list bailed after they reconstituted the search committee. I think the UAA job would have been a professional death sentence. The program has taken some big steps backward in recent years and will take a long time to rebuild....if it ever does. MTU on the other hand, is definitely on the upswing and is a stable, well respected program. As a point of comparison, I don't think Tech would hire any of the UAA's current head coach prospects as an assistant to replace Whitten.
                Any word if Shields will be replaced before the start of the season?

Comment

I had to go to the Mac for some supplies today. The frame of the new scoreboard looks huge. The old one is down on ice level now and is small when compared to the new one. It almost looks like it could fit inside it. Can't wait to see it in operation.
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    THe NAHL draft is going on, Tech recruits I've seen so far:

Mitch Reinke - 7th by Aberdeen Wings

Chris Leibinger - 17th to Texas Tornado

Travis Brown - 53 Coulee Region

Trevor Cope - 94 Rio Grande Valley

For those that know more than me, why would Texas draft Leibinger, when he was in the press release as attending Tech this fall?
                    Mitch Reinke was drafted by a team whose coach is a former assistant of Cedar Rapids....the team Mitch is property of in the USHL. Think Carlson was passing info to Winters about Mitch being available???

Also I talked to MTU recruit Michael Neville today. He was laughing as Leibinger is going to be his roommate next year!

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                      Mitch Reinke was drafted by a team whose coach is a former assistant of Cedar Rapids....the team Mitch is property of in the USHL. Think Carlson was passing info to Winters about Mitch being available???

Also I talked to MTU recruit Michael Neville today. He was laughing as Leibinger is going to be his roommate next year!
                      Reinke might be available persay but what are the odds he chooses NAHL over Stillwater? I guess with the coaching change there is a chance but I dont know.
                      Brown to Coulee Region seems plausible if he doesn't go USHL. I have a feeling is high school hockey days are over.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I love the new scoreboard.
                        I totally agree on Coach Whitten and I also hope they give him a raise.

last, have you all seen this?
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=A6XUVjK9W4o
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          But with the Huntsville job, at least you know that your biggest threat is mostly administrative.
                          I want to hear the basis for your assertions. [And I hate interrupting what's supposed to be an MTU topic, although I know that it's summertime, who cares, etc.]

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I love the new scoreboard. I totally agree on Coach Whitten and I also hope they give him a raise. last, have you all seen this?
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=A6XUVjK9W4o
                            Again props for the scoreboard install cam. Now if they just leave the cam there we can watch the games

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I want to hear the basis for your assertions. [And I hate interrupting what's supposed to be an MTU topic, although I know that it's summertime, who cares, etc.]

GFM
                              Well, I'm just basing it on the fact that you did nearly lose your program. I'm not sure what strings were pulled and which donors stepped up to save UAH hockey, though I'm glad it happened, so I guess I'm saying that no one knows when the next chief of the U-Alabama system might once again look at your hockey program as a money pit (unless the financial backing that saved the program in the first place is strong enough to withstand any such possibly scrutiny).

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Damon Whitten has removed his name from consideration from the UAA job. Cannot blame him.
                                He could always apply at UAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X