Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Interesting read....

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...mans-agreement
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
      yes it's interesting, but it's old news.
      funny how when the big schools do it, things are fine, but as soon as it becomes something that everyone else does, oh we have to stop this hoarding. Sounds pretty sour grapes by certain big schools if you ask me.
      I'm very happy to see these two new schools looking at D1, and hopefully both apply.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        yes it's interesting, but it's old news.
        funny how when the big schools do it, things are fine, but as soon as it becomes something that everyone else does, oh we have to stop this hoarding. Sounds pretty sour grapes by certain big schools if you ask me.
        I'm very happy to see these two new schools looking at D1, and hopefully both apply.
        You can always bring in 20 year old freshman from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          we have to stop this hoarding. Sounds pretty sour grapes by certain big schools if you ask me.
          Maybe WI should recruit players who plan to stay more than 1-2 years and they it wouldn't be a problem for them. I'm sure MTU and other programs would be happy to take the burden of handling all that talent off their hands.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I haven't heard anything about Max Vallis in a long time. Can anyone confirm if he'll be playing for the Huskies this year? Based on his previous stats, I think he'd be a pretty good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
              I haven't heard anything about Max Vallis in a long time. Can anyone confirm if he'll be playing for the Huskies this year? Based on his previous stats, I think he'd be a pretty good addition.
              still tbd but looking good.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                For smaller programs, I think a big stockpile of verbals is a sign of good, aggressive recruiting. The field is already tilted in the big school's favor by virtue of visibility. Do they really need the added advantage of being able to poach talent from smaller programs who have worked hard to get the commitments? Sure, dropping the agreement might be better for certain players, but it won't be better for college hockey as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                  For smaller programs, I think a big stockpile of verbals is a sign of good, aggressive recruiting. The field is already tilted in the big school's favor by virtue of visibility. Do they really need the added advantage of being able to poach talent from smaller programs who have worked hard to get the commitments? Sure, dropping the agreement might be better for certain players, but it won't be better for college hockey as a whole.
                  The biggest thing against what He says is MTU has a wide range of ages among recruits. There really isn't a log jam with recruits from 20 to 16 committed.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                    The one thing that I would think ending the Gentlemen's agreement would do is that it would keep a lot more kids overall in play before they sign up to go to the CHL and thus become ineligible for the NCAA. Having bigger schools like BC, North Dakota, Michigan going almost to SEC football lengths to get a kid to sign for them on signing day would help kids to thing about keeping the NCAA route available to them, and smaller schools would benefit with the extra amount of kids who retain their NCAA eligibility.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

To those who have been around long enough to understand this reference: Carly, yes that Carly, was on the Power Trip Morning Show on KFAN in the Twin Cities this morning.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        To those still out there that understand this reference: Carly, yes that Carly, was on the Power Trip Morning Show on KFAN in the Twin Cities this morning.
                        Yeah, I saw that on facebook. She's just keeps getting bigger and bigger in the MSP entertainment world...

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide tweet:

Goaltender Marcus Zelzer of the Kenai River Brown Bears (NAHL) has committed to Michigan Tech. #mtuhky
                          Is this the 3rd goalie for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Yeah, I saw that on facebook. She's just keeps getting bigger and bigger in the MSP entertainment world...
                            I'd like to think that in some way, we contributed to her ongoing success.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              Tech Hockey Guide tweet:

Is this the 3rd goalie for this year?
                              I would assume so, kid played for Shattuck-SM in 2009-10 but has been in the NAHL since. Certainly has the kind of numbers recently that make him a good third string goalie with potential to grow into a starting roll with Copley and Phillips leave.

Comment

Andy Sutton retired. had a decent career, made some good money, and now has his degree to fall back on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...152407124.html
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X