X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    So it looks like George Gwozdecky is looking for a job now....
    He couldn't take the travel for away games.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

thought i'd bump the thread and post a video of new recruit michael sternerson scoring a series clinching goal for surrey in the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXbrcu_eIQ
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        thought i'd bump the thread and post a video of new recruit michael sternerson scoring a series clinching goal for surrey in the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXbrcu_eIQ
        Very cool news, thanks for posting the link! We have a lot of talent coming in next season ... should be a good year with a fresh outlook!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by malainse View Post
          I just wanted to add that i thought Shyiak handled his departure with grace and class.
          He did, I wish him luck, I'm sure he'll be coaching somewhere else soon. Does anyone think that Blair might apply for the job?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Brent Baltus has changed his commitment to Michigan Tech.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Brent Baltus has changed his commitment to Michigan Tech.
              Not surprised didn't think all of the recruits would stay
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

How many recruits bail on us probably depends on who the new coach is. The unknown on whether Blair and Jindra will be here sure doesn't help the situation. Need to get the new coach in here yesterday. The longer we go coachless and with big uncertainties the more the program suffers.

Comment

And that doesn't even start to address how many of our players may jump ship. Sure hope the new coach is able to retain all of our guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    If he was clearing a half mil in Denver he won't come to Anchorage for less than that, unless the school commits itself to a major facilities upgrade and possibly relocates itself somewhere east of the Rockies. I don't see any of those possibilities happening.
                    we got room in the budget for him let's see....... looked up the 2010-2011 budget for UAA hockey $506,054.00
                    .................................................. ............also looked up the 2010-2011 budget for UAF hockey $1,279,386.00
                    The University of Alaska Regents are a evenhanded and fair cluster who are looking out for all the students of Alaska ....... just look at the numbers
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Oh my goodness, some of you are seriously talking about Gwoz coming to UAA. Wow, you guys are more deluded than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                        Oh my goodness, some of you are seriously talking about Gwoz coming to UAA. Wow, you guys are more deluded than I thought.
                        NO genius ... a UAF fan brought it up. I don't see any UAA fans talking about it except to say it wouldn't happen or make light of it. Go troll CC threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Go troll CC threads.
                          There would have to be one for him to do that.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

So the job "closes" on Friday. Anyone here any names yet? What are the chances that ADN will get the names and report them since I know the school won't release them otherwise? Anyone have a name they hope to hear?

I can imagine that Campbell Blair will apply. I'm not thinking that he'd really have much of a shot at getting the job. It would be nice if there are some surprising names but I'm not holding out any great hope. I'm expecting that what we'll see is experienced D-1 assistants with good credentials looking for their first head coaching gig ... just like we got when they hired in the past. I'll hold out hope that a "name" shows interest but I'm fully not expecting it to happen.

Local guys that I hope apply are Dennis Sorenson and Corey Millen. I'm not actually sure that Corey has his degree though so that might be a snag for him. I know that Dennis does. I don't think we'll see Regg Simon's name. My only basis for saying that though is what he told the Des Moines paper when he went back there.

I hope we're pleasantly surprised with the list when it does come out.

Comment

Over at http://hockeytownak.blogspot.com/ I saw these two names being floated:

Chris Tok: Head Coach (Austin NAHL), Former UW Badger, Former Assistant Waterloo Black Hawks, Former Michigan Tech Assistant Coach.

Mike Corbett: Associate Head Coach for Air Force

They were mentioned as they seem to meet all of the job requirements and won't cost a fortune. Hard to say how likely any of this is but it's fun to guess.

Call me crazy (and despite his record), I still think Hill has a chance at coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
                                Over at http://hockeytownak.blogspot.com/ I saw these two names being floated:

Chris Tok: Head Coach (Austin NAHL), Former UW Badger, Former Assistant Waterloo Black Hawks, Former Michigan Tech Assistant Coach.

Mike Corbett: Associate Head Coach for Air Force

They were mentioned as they seem to meet all of the job requirements and won't cost a fortune. Hard to say how likely any of this is but it's fun to guess.

Call me crazy (and despite his record), I still think Hill has a chance at coming back.
                                I could be wrong .... but I think it would take more testicles than John Hill actually has to apply for the job. There's not much chance that Steve Cobb has forgotten how Hill threw the program under the bus to justify his departure to make his wife happy. It would be tough for me as a fan to support him as the head coach. I'd probably just switch over and become a Gopher fan. Note here that I did advocate publicly for Dennis Sorenson at the time they hired Hill. Dennis and John were teammates and Dennis has stayed in the community and given tons of his time and effort coaching youth and high school hockey. He's had a large degree of success (i.e... national championships) doing so. I know some hockey people in Anchorage don't like Dennis because he has a bit of a reputation as being a bit gruff with players. I wouldn't see that as a negative though since he'd be coaching 20+ year olds versus 15 year olds. I would highly prefer him over this Chris Tok or Mike Corbett who have zero connection to Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                                X