X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
    Can UAA afford him?
    I'm sure we could make it work somehow, but to me its a pipe dream.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
      Can UAA afford him?
      I suspect you'd have to do something like Tech did with Pearson, get alumni to chip in enough for a Godfather offer.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Hope it doesn't happen however a more likely scenario is we end up with one of his assistants. We could probably afford one of them but not George. And Wisconsin fans after Eaves head and George wanting to coach in the B1g I could actually see him as a Badger. Or we end up with one of Eaves assistants

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          I suspect you'd have to do something like Tech did with Pearson, get alumni to chip in enough for a Godfather offer.
          That's about the only possible way. I don't really know how'd I'd handle him being coach to be honest, I have not liked him for soooooooooo many years.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

That'd be incredible to get Gwoz on board, but yeah it's probably a pipe dream on our part. Speaking of our head coaching
            position, I wonder if Cambell Blair (his bio pick is back up on the school's site) or T.J. Jindra are going to be applying?

Comment

Denver newspaper says with incentives and outside income he gets north of 1/2 million

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                That's about the only possible way. I don't really know how'd I'd handle him being coach to be honest, I have not liked him for soooooooooo many years.
                If it were to happen, i'd forget about the shenanigans in the past.

Besides its most likely not going to happen
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Ouch. We'd never be able to pony up that sort of dough save for a miracle. The search continues.

Comment

Shyiak never ran a summer camp due to the limited market which the Aces have a strangle hold on. We're lucky to have a Coaches TV show hosted by the school. No money there. What's the Govenors Cup bonus pay? Is it $2000 or $2500. Chump change when trying to get to $500000. Final 5 incentive is worth what in our market? I'm a dyed in the wool Seawolve fan. Do Seawolves have wool? But when talking financials I try to be a realist, not a pessimist, just a realist and we don't have the big market here to support 1/2 million dollar coaches. Anybody know an alum that can build us a rink? I ask cause it sure doesn't look like the Regents or State are interested in doing it. A good coach who can recruit to our existing facilities and I'll just enjoy watching the best amateur hockey on the globe.
                    Go Seawolves!

Comment

Wasn't Gwozdecki one of the leading proponents of dumping the "small" (I say small because DU is hardly a national powerhouse institution) WCHA schools in favor of the nchc? If so...karma.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                        I'm sure we could make it work somehow, but to me its a pipe dream.
                        UAA would have to get much closer - and probably exceed - Donald's proposed $300,000 offer.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                          UAA would have to get much closer - and probably exceed - Donald's proposed $300,000 offer.
                          If he was clearing a half mil in Denver he won't come to Anchorage for less than that, unless the school commits itself to a major facilities upgrade and possibly relocates itself somewhere east of the Rockies. I don't see any of those possibilities happening.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            If he was clearing a half mil in Denver he won't come to Anchorage for less than that, unless the school commits itself to a major facilities upgrade and possibly relocates itself somewhere east of the Rockies. I don't see any of those possibilities happening.
                            They're probably talking base. His base at DU was $221K, IIRC
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I just wanted to add that i thought Shyiak handled his departure with grace and class.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Wasn't Gwozdecki one of the leading proponents of dumping the "small" (I say small because DU is hardly a national powerhouse institution) WCHA schools in favor of the nchc? If so...karma.
                                Live by back room deals...Die by back door deals.
                                plus He refused to come and Talk at a Coach's Luncheon....... too busy...maybe I should call him next season he might have the time.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X