This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Not sure what the actual cost ended up being for new dasher boards and glass, but the Juneau Empire had this little blurb back in Nov 2009.

New dasher boards for Nanooks
    Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009
    The Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly approved a $1 million state grant to pay for a new dasher board system at the 19-year-old Carlson Center. It will be installed next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Not sure what the actual cost ended up being for new dasher boards and glass, but the Juneau Empire had this little blurb back in Nov 2009.

New dasher boards for Nanooks
      Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009
      The Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly approved a $1 million state grant to pay for a new dasher board system at the 19-year-old Carlson Center. It will be installed next summer.
      They can give the richest companies in the world $2,000,000,000 every year.
      But can't make a one time investment of 1/2000 of that amount?
      Guess to some people there's nothing wrong with this picture.
      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Today was Coach Thomas' first day as Head Coach of the Seawolf hockey team. A pretty noteworthy event that was not covered at all in the local Media. Unless it slipped into a broadcast on the local news that I missed.

I am going assume that he made it into Anchorage yesterday but we don't know. Anyone with a new hockey coach sighting please let us know.......
        GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
          Today was Coach Thomas' first day as Head Coach of the Seawolf hockey team. A pretty noteworthy event that was not covered at all in the local Media. Unless it slipped into a broadcast on the local news that I missed.

I am going assume that he made it into Anchorage yesterday but we don't know. Anyone with a new hockey coach sighting please let us know.......
          Wish there had been more of a greeting.
          However it makes it a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Wish there had been more of a greeting.
            However it makes it a great day to be a Seawolf!
            I agree.....the booster club or the University should hold a reception for the coach to introduce him as the new head coach and show him that as fans we support him and the program.

And it is a great day to be a Seawolf!!
            GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

I agree.....the booster club or the University should hold a reception for the coach to introduce him as the new head coach and show him that as fans we support him and the program.

And it is a great day to be a Seawolf!!
              Maybe a closed party with season ticket holders.............
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                Maybe a closed party with season ticket holders.............
                All 200 of them? Come on!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

All 200 of them to me is a good starting point. Easy to arrange and probably well attended.
                  Any ideas for introducing him to the general public? Something that would generate enough interest to entice attendance to come meet the coach. Perhaps game tickets to the first 2,000????
                  If you think that's a bad idea then along with panning the idea come up with your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    All 200 of them? Come on!
                    No…according to “the guy who left his members out to dry” said on his web page in a email to pat gamble his organization will be “part of the solution not the problem” so I am guessing he will have about 4000- 5000 season ticket holders signed up pretty soon, so will have to have the welcome to Seawolf nation at the Sully.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Matt’s contract did start on July 1st, that's true, but there has not been any Meet and Greet announced because he isn't here yet. He's had a lot on his plate and he needs to get his family here and get settled. It seems to me that it took Shyiak a while to get settled before the Meet and Greet was held at O'mally's on the Green. I’m sure UAA will do some sort of press conference when Matt gets here, and a Meet and Greet at some point this summer.

We are all anxious to meet him and hear what he has to say, but lets give he and his family some breathing room people.
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Matt’s contract did start on July 1st, that's true, but there has not been any Meet and Greet announced because he isn't here yet. He's had a lot on his plate and he needs to get his family here and get settled. It seems to me that it took Shyiak a while to get settled before the Meet and Greet was held at O'mally's on the Green. I’m sure UAA will do some sort of press conference when Matt gets here, and a Meet and Greet at some point this summer.

We are all anxious to meet him and hear what he has to say, but lets give he and his family some breathing room people.
                        I said that a week or two ago.
                        I'm asking for ideas and planning.

Comment

I said that a week or two ago.
                          You did?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You did?
                            Yep. I did.

Comment

Yep. I did.
                              Sorry, I missed it. What was the post number so I can read what you had to say?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sorry, I missed it. What was the post number so I can read what you had to say?
                                cant find it on this thread so it was on the other thread. You posted frequently on that thread so wherever it was I'm pretty sure it was seen. Don't really want to play games, and don't really care who said what when, just want to further and promote Seawolf hockey as I'm sure is your intention also.
                                Basicly said give the guy some time, full plate, family matters, etc.
                                Irrelevant to comeing up with some ideas and planning to get Matt out into the public which is what was asked in my post.The post did not have any immediacy for rushing anything.
                                Just looking for ideas.
                                It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
                                Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X