X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    After Coach Shyiak was let go, they removed the hockey coaches section on the Seawolves website. You could click on it.. but it was just a blank page.

Now that it's back up and they've updated it to add Matt Thomas as head coach, they also have Blair Campbell on there. Probably a typo by whoever updated and restored it.. but for right now anyway, Campbell is on there.

http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58452
    When Shyiak was first fired, Campbells bio disappeared. Then it reappeared (I believe he's on the payroll through June?). There's a new article at the ADN saying that TJ will be staying on, and that Thomas has to choose one more assistant.

http://www.adn.com/2013/06/21/294887...-on-board.html

Interestingly, Campbell and Thomas were assistant coaches at Maine together. Blair 1991-92 and 01-06, Thomas 2000-02.
    Last edited by Suze; 06-22-2013, 12:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      There's a new article at the ADN saying that TJ will be staying on
      Thanks for sharing that Suze! It's good to see that TJ is staying put ~ Sounds like he's been busting his bunzoids running things alone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        The UAF police have finished their investigation of the Haddad/Shyiak incident:

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/06/19/294600...#storylink=cpy
        Any slash on the rink, whether in a game or practice may be considered a misdemeanor. So could an elbow, high stick, trip or fight.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I can see the real possibility of Thomas pocketing $21,500 in bonus money his first year.
          Most of it hinging on a winning record ($4000)
          That should get home ice ($8000)
          After 20 some losing seasons he would have a real shot at Coach of the Year ($3000)
          Beat the nooks ($2500) Beating the nooks should be worth more.
          We've got some smart players for a 3. GPA ($4000)
          It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

With George withdrawing at UAH it's looking more like Corbett gets that job.
            After being passed over here he'll probably have something to prove when he plays our Seawolves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              After being passed over here he'll probably have something to prove when he plays our Seawolves.
              Pretty tough to figure out favorites without knowing who has applied or been interviewed. No doubt Corbett will be a strong candidate though.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Any slash on the rink, whether in a game or practice may be considered a misdemeanor. So could an elbow, high stick, trip or fight.
                I imagine that the scoundrels will be watching the bench during games and practices for any “ head pats or butt slaps “, and twitter to the fat guy or the guy who left his members out to dry.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  I'm still kinda sad Corbett wasn't chosen for the Seawolves next coach, but I think we are in good hands and the program is moving forward.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm still kinda sad Corbett wasn't chosen for the Seawolves next coach, but I think we are in good hands and the program is moving forward.
                    I would like to see him, Corbett, get a chance as a head coach. He has paid his dues at Air Force. Plus he seems to be a good guy. Of course he is a DU alum.

Good luck with the Matt Thomas. Time for the Seawolves to make some noise!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      I imagine that the scoundrels will be watching the bench during games and practices for any “ head pats or butt slaps “, and twitter to the fat guy or the guy who left his members out to dry.
                      If they're as open about it as they were last time the NCAA will be on it. They obviously didn't know the NCAA doesn't like outsiders running the sports program or that letter would never have seen the light of day. They're both real good at back door deals so we'll never hear about the phone call. But I have no doubt they'll continue to dictate whatever they want. The oil guy could care less. He not only doesn't know a puck from a basketball, he doesn't care. What he does care about is keeping the fat guy happy due to the votes the fat guy can influence. Sad situation.
                      But it's a great day to be a Seawolf!
                      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 06-22-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

If they're as open about it as they were last time the NCAA will be on it. They obviously didn't know the NCAA doesn't like outsiders running the sports program or that letter would never have seen the light of day. They're both real good at back door deals so we'll never hear about the phone call. But I have no doubt they'll continue to dictate whatever they want. The oil guy could care less. He not only doesn't know a puck from a basketball, he doesn't care. What he does care about is keeping the fat guy happy due to the votes the fat guy can influence. Sad situation.
                        But it's a great day to be a Seawolf!
                        If these guys have as much power as you guys say, (and I'm not disputing that - I don't really know), how come they didn't pull some strings to get ice added to the new arena?
                        Last edited by Suze; 06-23-2013, 04:42 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is these guys have as much power as you guys say, (and I'm not disputing that - I don't really know), how come they didn't pull some strings to get ice added to the new arena?
                          The Alaska Airlines Center was bonded and I said no. The next things needed at UAA Is Dorms, Student Wellness center, Parking Garage times two and then an on campus Ice arena. “The Sully is a dump…..........so............ Deal with it”……………………………… (My favorite quote of all the coaches during the interview process) If it was full who cares. I can live with it. What do you want new seats at the sully and new Glass ----- OK Here’s the deal …………email the governor and say we need new seats at the Sully and have him send the old sully seats to the Chuckie Cheese Center to replace the benches in the upper deck……….. Boom…… a two for two and then mention that one of His buddy’s kids will be playing hockey against UAA at the Sully and he would like new glass. ………… Boom ………… Done deal.
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Alaska Hockey, I just l love ya!!!! Ha

Comment

Arena is half done, no Ice will be added. Sorry

Comment

Corbett has paid his dues and seems class A. As for Goz I can only guess and only came up with 2 reasons why He withdrew . He didn’t like grits. And Huntsville has their luncheons at Cracker Barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X