This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Psssst....I'll let you in on a little secret. He gets to hire two assistants!
    No he has TJ jindra already, only has to hire one, don't be surprised if it is someone familiar to the program.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      No he has TJ jindra already, only has to hire one, don't be surprised if it is someone familiar to the program.
      Ultimately, he hires two. He's got to keep Jindra for a year. He may be rehired at that point. TJ is there and has hopefully built some strong ties. But, like the assistants before him that Shyiak had to keep, I'd be surprised if TJ has more than one year to prove himself to Matt. If he does a good job, and works well with the new coach, he stays. If not, the new coach picks someone to replace him. It's a very similar situation to Damon Whitten at Tech. He impressed Mel enough to keep him on staff. Hopefully things work out well with the new coach and UAA shows improvement quickly.
      Last edited by davyd83; 06-18-2013, 07:35 PM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        One of the "scoundrels" Punk?
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          One of the "scoundrels" Punk?
          Check your inbox
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post
            If he does, that's a great D3 salary. Most in Minnesota/Wisconsin make in the $65,000-75,000 range.
            That was an exaggeration. I'm sure the UAA job pays more, but I guess my point was that 125k is relatively low for a D1 coach. Especially when you consider having to uproot your family to Alaska (although personally I'd rather live in Anchorage than metropolitan Detroit.)

I do think there are a few D3 coaches out there that do in fact have better gigs than some of the coaches at less successful D1 schools, even if they're making a little less money.

I hope the new UAA coach brings back some glory to the program. Paul Krake was a big influence in my goaltending as a kid.
            Last edited by altazo; 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              That was an exaggeration. I'm sure the UAA job pays more, but I guess my point was that 125k is relatively low for a D1 coach. Especially when you consider having to uproot your family to Alaska (although personally I'd rather live in Anchorage than metropolitan Detroit.)

I do think there are a few D3 coaches out there that do in fact have better gigs than some of the coaches at less successful D1 schools, even if they're making a little less money.

I hope the new UAA coach brings back some glory to the program. Paul Krake was a big influence in my goaltending as a kid.
              We all remember Paul the Wall, I'm sure! Does anyone know what UAA decided to pay Thomas? Has that info been published anywhere?
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Check your inbox
                Okay, out with it!!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Especially when you consider having to uproot your family to Alaska (although personally I'd rather live in Anchorage than metropolitan Detroit.)
                  Adrian is a cornfield, not "metropolitan Detroit". And I would take winters in Alta over all three of them.

Now that the saga is over, congrats to UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Adrian is a cornfield, not "metropolitan Detroit". And I would take winters in Alta over all three of them.

Now that the saga is over, congrats to UAA.
                    Don't make me get my shovel.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Adrian is a cornfield, not "metropolitan Detroit".
                      Pretty much anywhere outside Detroit, Flint, and MBS is a cornfield.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        (although personally I'd rather live in Anchorage than metropolitan Detroit.)
                        Adrian/ Metro Detroit? Not even close. Adrian has around 21,000 residents in a county of under 100,000. You really should have a clue before you rattle your keyboard. Nice try.
                        Last edited by davyd83; 06-18-2013, 08:56 PM.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Adrian is ~ 70 miles from Comerica Park, for a point of reference.

I have no idea why we're discussing Adrian here.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I thought 75 miles was really close by AK standards?

Comment

I thought 75 miles was really close by AK standards?
                              Ew. No! Mallet

Well.. maybe by airplane..

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I have no idea why we're discussing Adrian here.
                                I've never been to Michigan. (Not yet anyhow) So I'm glad you discussed Adrian, Detroit, Flint, etc.

*****http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/yellow%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EWhere+is+ Adrian%2C+MI%3F%5E_%5E.gif******

Comment

Working...
                                X