PDA

View Full Version : UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

4four4
07-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Imo, the backbone of UAA should be players from the state of Alaska if they can recruit ten players or so the Seawolves will surely compete for consistent yearly NCAA invites. I also don't believe they need to recruit more players from western Canada, although it helps but there are plenty of players around North America to which they can recruit from.

seawolfpunk
07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Imo, the backbone of UAA should be players from the state of Alaska if they can recruit ten players or so the Seawolves will surely compete for consistent yearly NCAA invites. I also don't believe they need to recruit more players from western Canada, although it helps but there are plenty of players around North America to which they can recruit from.

This is a statement I agree with. Although most of our best players come from western Canada, I would like to see the staff recruiting more players from the ushl and nahl

UAA Fan in Florida
07-19-2013, 07:37 PM
UAAFANBLOG...

I know you have always been a staunch support of UAA over the years and have attended endless contests, but most of what I've read in this thread are you tearing apart every move made by UAA. Give these guys a chance. Don't come back at me with your long winded replies, as I don't care, but it's done, so the least you can do be supportive, even if you don't agree with the decisions. UAA formed a committee that they thought would bring in the best Head Coach, the Head Coach hired an assistant who he believed to be a great asset to the team. It's new, it's different, embrace it for a little while. You gave Shyiak quite the benefit of the doubt. We ALL thought he might bring the fire and glory back, but that wasn't the case. He was gone this year regardless of the 'accusations.'

I agree, we need to keep our local boys here, we have one the great ice surfaces in the NWCHA(sans the ageing arena), let's give 'em a chance, if there isn't an improvement after 3 years, time to go, it really couldn't get any worse.

seawolfpunk
07-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Just put him on ignore people

UAA Fan in Florida
07-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Just put him on ignore people

I won't do it, I like his opinions and he is entitled to them. He doesn't have to change his mind about anything, just what is done is done, support it instead of trying to knock it down. Despite the fact he is condecending, some people just can't help it. Just my 1 cent.

ninelives
07-22-2013, 12:59 PM
needed to bump this back to the front page. I am wondering if anyone has heard any news about the team, if everyone is coming back or not...... typical questions

seawolfpunk
07-22-2013, 01:03 PM
needed to bump this back to the front page. I am wondering if anyone has heard any news about the team, if everyone is coming back or not...... typical questions

I assume everyone who has eligibility is back. Only one I could see leaving is bailey if he has a strong showing at the jets camp.

ninelives
07-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I assume everyone who has eligibility is back. Only one I could see leaving is bailey if he has a strong showing at the jets camp.
not to wish Matt any ill will, lets hope that the Jets want to send him back for another year....we could use him this year to help us get back on track......

davyd83
07-22-2013, 01:42 PM
It's interesting to see persons rip the local newspaper for being too negative about UAA Hockey, then engage in negative commentary of their own I wonder, did any of the local alums apply for the assistant coach position? What are their coaching, scouting and recruiting qualifications?

UAA Fan in Florida
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
It's interesting to see persons rip the local newspaper for being too negative about UAA Hockey, then engage in negative commentary of their own I wonder, did any of the local alums apply for the assistant coach position? What are their coaching, scouting and recruiting qualifications?

I'm not entirely sure if there is an Assistant position posted. I believe the coach goes and finds a person who he is comfortable with. As for TJ Jindra, I think he had at least one year left on his contract and to buy him out and replace him could have been too much for the U. to pony up. So, after this season, he might be gone as well.

As for local press, Woody stopped doing it a couple of years ago, but now that it's a new coach and league, expect him to spew the same hateful rhetoric he always has. I've been following UAA for 25+ years and can't remember the last time I heard him comment positively on the team.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion, so make it, then move on. It's been done. Support what you got. *shrug*

seawolfpunk
07-22-2013, 08:05 PM
not to wish Matt any ill will, lets hope that the Jets want to send him back for another year....we could use him this year to help us get back on track......

I hope he is back too, pretty sure he will be back.

Pink Pony
07-22-2013, 10:21 PM
It's interesting to see persons rip the local newspaper for being too negative about UAA Hockey, then engage in negative commentary of their own

A new era has started it will change. New coach, new AD.

cross cheque
07-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Positivity is not important. *********gedness is what annoys us. And you sir, are the King of *********gedness.

http://media.tumblr.com/c0e02ef6cd07968e0954e9e9ca263dd1/tumblr_inline_mic17aJVy91qz4rgp.gif

ninelives
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Former UAA goaltender Kevin Reiter has been named the goaltending coach for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/07/24/2989481/former-uaa-goalie-gets-coaching.html#storylink=cpy

congrats Kevin......

seawolfpunk
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
well its official. Josh Ciocco is our 2nd assistant coach.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=208687489

uaafanblog
07-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Are you guys really "impressed" with this hire? Seriously, I've no doubt that josh will be a fine assistant as compared to any number of other dedicated, hungry and motivated young coaching prospects ... But beyond that there is really nothing that I recall about him that stands out. He played with Justin Bourne in the B and I recall him dogging JB on his blog about UAA ... As in saying it was a crappy NCAA destination (look it up on JB's old blog if you want). I'm sure some of that is just friendly banter between friends but still ... There is that. RAg me out all you want for being negative but the fact remains that his hiring does absolutely nothing to improve the local recruit paradigm that we all know drove the latest kerfuffle.

Pink Pony
07-27-2013, 08:17 AM
well its official. Josh Ciocco is our 2nd assistant coach.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=208687489

It looks like more Eastern players going to UAA

revfnb
07-27-2013, 11:27 AM
I am impressed with this hire. Especially when you look at what he has done since he stopped playing pro hockey. I disagree strongly with your (uaafanblog) that "the local recruit paradigm ... drove the latest kerfuffle."

revfnb
07-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Article in the local paper on the new hire: http://www.adn.com/2013/07/26/2993542/uaa-hockey-adds-assistant-coach.html

davyd83
07-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Are you guys really "impressed" with this hire? Seriously, I've no doubt that josh will be a fine assistant as compared to any number of other dedicated, hungry and motivated young coaching prospects ... But beyond that there is really nothing that I recall about him that stands out. He played with Justin Bourne in the B and I recall him dogging JB on his blog about UAA ... As in saying it was a crappy NCAA destination (look it up on JB's old blog if you want). I'm sure some of that is just friendly banter between friends but still ... There is that. RAg me out all you want for being negative but the fact remains that his hiring does absolutely nothing to improve the local recruit paradigm that we all know drove the latest kerfuffle.

Of those qualified persons who would improve the local recruit paradigm, who would have been your choice? Who either applied or expressed interest in the position? Who has the experience and network outside Alaska?