This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Roads have to be approved by the DOT, then punched through. There needs to be access to the Umed District from N. Lights and Bragaw. Unless something has changed in the past few months, there is no funding for the Student Rec & Wellness Center and this is where an ice arena would go. The last I heard is that the 2014 election might have an education bond that the Rec Center could be a part of.

Look how many years it took UAA to get the AK Airlines Arena built. There is no money approved for a new facility, so use your imagination.
    From what I understand money has been approved fir the new road! Supposed to start this Summer Suze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony
      So who is the favorite to be the next coach at UAA?
      John Biebe. Judge Walter Burns will be the new AD.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        John Biebe. Judge Walter Burns will be the new AD.
        Davyd you seem to be on top of things in Marquette. I am glad you know so much. You know how to use google and give me answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          From what I understand money has been approved fir the new road! Supposed to start this Summer Suze...
          That's good, but they still don't have the money for a new facility do they?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            That's good, but they still don't have the money for a new facility do they?
            No, no money for the new facility. Dr. Cobb was in the process of getting that together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
              Davyd you seem to be on top of things in Marquette. I am glad you know so much. You know how to use google and give me answers.
              Used imdb for that one. See Mystery, Alaska. I actually had Corbie as the front runner, Hartzell and Thomas as strong candidates and Fogarty as the wild card.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Word is that Fogarty withdrew from consideration late last week.

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                  Word is that Fogarty withdrew from consideration late last week.
                  That doesn't bother me in the least.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That doesn't bother me in the least.
                    It's not like he could have made things any worse...
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                      Depends if he passed muster with the Ashley Reed.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        HA! That's really true, but there were better applicants to choose from if you ask me, and other UAA fans.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Salary range appears to be an issue for the top two candidates from the mainland rumor mill. What are the media payouts and other incentives to the base. I've heard the base offer is between $130-140,000. Fairly low for DI.

Comment

HA! That's really true, but there were better applicants to choose from if you ask me, and other UAA fans.
                            Who do you feel were the best applicants?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post
                              Salary range appears to be an issue for the top two candidates from the mainland rumor mill. What are the media payouts and other incentives to the base. I've heard the base offer is between $130-140,000. Fairly low for DI.
                              Maybe one day the powers at UAA will come to understand that at this level you get what you pay for ... But it is not this day.

Unfortunate but very true. This coaching change was a viable opportunity to make a statement and find a "name" that would bring instant credibility and with that the Tier 1 recruits who are the difference makers in Division 1 hockey. The State of Alaska is full on no BS flush with money and it would have been no sweat off anyone's balls to spend 300K for a coach.

But noooooooooo ...

But this is what you get when you put conservative former generals turned conservative ineffectual bureaucrats in charge of stuff. It is the height of anti-creative insipidly boring thinking.

It is the Pat Gambles of this world which have killed everything good and will one day push it into an abyss of darkness and misery never before experienced by humankind.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                Unfortunate but very true. This coaching change was a viable opportunity to make a statement and find a "name" that would bring instant credibility and with that the Tier 1 recruits who are the difference makers in Division 1 hockey. The State of Alaska is full on no BS flush with money and it would have been no sweat off anyone's balls to spend 300K for a coach.
                                There's a vast difference between the State having that money and UAA having that money. Just because you keep pointing out that the State has a vast reserve of money (and by the way, try being that politician that proposes to spend that money, go ahead) doesn't mean it's magically going to end up at UAA.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X