X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Yes they do place players on D-1 rosters, but they are not the prime recruiting spots for top notch D-I talent. Are there good D-3 teams? Absolutely, and Adrian is one of them. Is there the occasional upset? Sure there is. Those also happen in football and basketball as well. Would Adrian or St Norbert win a few games playing a whole season against D-I competition? Sure. But you'd likely be able to count those victories on one hand at the end of the year.
    Maybe, but in 2012-13 D3 schools were 3-2 vs D1 schools.

If you include CIS schools, NCAA D3 teams were 5-2.

You could count UAA's wins vs D1 schools on one hand too, no?

Comment

I can't believe we've threadjacked a D-1 thread to talk about Adrian.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe this thread can be deleted too.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Maybe this thread can be deleted too.
          Yeah, really... I agree DD! Does Seawolfpunk have to delete it.. or.. how does that work?

I just hope if someone starts a new thread ~ that unlike the other two (this one and the previously deleted one) that the new one doesn't turn into another soap opera! No more "As the puck turns!"

Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
            Yeah, really... I agree DD! Does Seawolfpunk have to delete it.. or.. how does that work?

I just hope if someone starts a new thread ~ that unlike the other two (this one and the previously deleted one) that the new one doesn't turn into another soap opera! No more "As the puck turns!"

Hockey
            You and several others wish the "Soap Opera” is over but……..It isn’t even half over. What happens if UAA doesn’t hire the coach the Alums want? Are the Alums going to demand a majority voice in the selection of the new AD? A Law suit being prepared .They wish is was over. Their wallets may wish it never started.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              You and several others wish the "Soap Opera” is over but……..It isn’t even half over. What happens if UAA doesn’t hire the coach the Alums want? Are the Alums going to demand a majority voice in the selection of the new AD? A Law suit being prepared .They wish is was over. Their wallets may wish it never started.
              Oh geez.. Sorry AK, I was only referring to the amount of bickering throughout the thread; some of it starting even before those items you listed occurred.

That, and some of the off-the-wall comments from the pinky horsey dude in this thread.. Crazy

It would just be nice if topics could be discussed without continual feuding. I wasn't thinking about the coach hiring process or potential lawsuits, but you're right.. all that could only fuel the fire on the ole message boards.

Aside from that.. one thing I have been wondering through all this (if anyone knows).. Is TJ Jindra still at UAA? I'm assuming he is, but I haven't heard his name brought up lately.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                Oh geez.. Sorry AK, I was only referring to the amount of bickering throughout the thread; some of it starting even before those items you listed occurred.

That, and some of the off-the-wall comments from the pinky horsey dude in this thread.. Crazy

It would just be nice if topics could be discussed without continual feuding. I wasn't thinking about the coach hiring process or potential lawsuits, but you're right.. all that could only fuel the fire on the ole message boards.

Aside from that.. one thing I have been wondering through all this (if anyone knows).. Is TJ Jindra still at UAA? I'm assuming he is, but I haven't heard his name brought up lately.
                Lucky for UAA supporters TJ is still at UAA doing the job of 3 and doing a great job I might add. Thanks TJ for all you do.
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Damage control...
                  http://www.adn.com/2013/06/13/293848...says-cobb.html

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytownak View Post
                    Interesting. I thought Cobb was fired by Pat Gambell, but I guess he was fired by Case.

In other news, Penn State forward Justin Kirchhevel has left the program due to personal reasons, the school announced Thursday.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2013/06/13/kirc...#ixzz2W9yp9e1t
                    Last edited by Suze; 06-13-2013, 11:04 PM.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

they've all given their pitch and hands down Corbett's the guy.
                      and he even gets a second chance tomorrow night to solidify his position.
                      tomorrow nights Meet & Greet should be a coronation for our new coach.
                      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 06-13-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        Were you there tonight, and if so how did Thomas come across?
                        Last edited by Suze; 06-13-2013, 11:45 PM.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Interesting. I thought Cobb was fired by Pat Gambell, but I guess he was fired by Case.
                          No He was fired by Ashley Reed and "the Scoundrels" via The Governor, via the Patsy, and Case was ordered to deliver the dirty work. We might get the total list when the other foot drops and paperwork is filed.
                          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 06-14-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            Don't we wish..... But will the tail wag the dog? We will find out next week .

Comment

Interesting that for a couple of weeks we've seen nothing from Doyle Woody regarding the Seawolves and then when the ECHL Coach has his meet and greet then Doyle is johnny-on-the-spot with the coverage. What an amazing shill for the ECHL he is. They should hire him and move him to their headquarters.

Effing weak development league and Doyle doesn't even realize it. Covering hockey for 30 years ... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                Interesting that for a couple of weeks we've seen nothing from Doyle Woody regarding the Seawolves and then when the ECHL Coach has his meet and greet then Doyle is johnny-on-the-spot with the coverage. What an amazing shill for the ECHL he is. They should hire him and move him to their headquarters.

Effing weak development league and Doyle doesn't even realize it. Covering hockey for 30 years ... LOL.
                                That's our doyle!

Comment

Working...
                                X