X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Good luck to UAA on their national search for their next coach. It is a fun, though occasionally agonizing process.

Shyiak will undoubtedly land somewhere as an assistant once again; it sounds like the next coach will also battle the same lack of institutional support.
    It is the University of Alaska Board of Regents lack of support.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      It is the University of Alaska Board of Regents lack of support.
      This right here. The hockey program is not alone in this regard.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

While shyiak was canned yesterday, we also received a commitment from brad duwe from soldtona who plays for the brown bears.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
          I was referring to the lack of daylight excuse the guy made, not the travel. As far as uaf is concerned, they may not be a powerhouse but they have made the NCAA in the last 5 years and fergusons record is damm close to .500 winning percentage.
          And in my opinion, Ferguson is one if the best coaches in college hockey. The fact that he's a game under .500 in five years are an illustration of how difficult it is to bring enough quality players in to have sustained success. Don't expect a new coach to come in and get you into a top 4 finish, the NCAA or even to .500 soon.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            zaSuze this is this first semi-positive thing I've ever heard you post......Hope you keep it up and improve on it...Us Seawolves need and deserve it.
            Oh my gosh. You know, you say that because obviously you haven't been around very long.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              UAF seems to be doing well? They haven't had a coach that was over .500 in his term at the school since Don Lucia left 20 years ago. Horrible excuse or not, travel is a factor among players who have options for lesser travel.

As far as the coaching change, it's obvious the problems run far deeper than the name on the coach's office door. Shyiak actually had a better record than anyone else since Brush hung it up. Were these guys all poor hockey coaches?
              Well, the fact that Talafous and Hill are no longer coaching in ANY capacity speaks volumes.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Well, the fact that Talafous and Hill are no longer coaching in ANY capacity speaks volumes.
                Does it really? Hill coached at Minnesota for 6 seasons after getting fired at UAA. Talafous runs a hockey training business.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  While shyiak was canned yesterday, we also received a commitment from brad duwe from soldtona who plays for the brown bears.
                  Was Brad injured during the season? He only played 25 games this season. Previous years he looked very solid. Nice to see a local player stay home.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Does it really? Hill coached at Minnesota for 6 seasons after getting fired at UAA. Talafous runs a hockey training business.
                    But neither of them are coaching, and Hill was not fired. The question was "were these guys poor hockey coaches". Look at what the Gophers have accomplished since Lucia replaced Hill with Guntzel. Hill holds the all time worst record at UAA, with ZERO league wins in a season.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

cmon suze you're slipping right back into your negative self. you got your wish. cobb fired the coach. some folks would move on and maybe put some positive effort into building up not tearing down the program. you sound like you want to dwell on past negatives instead of looking forward to a positive future.

Comment

But neither of them are coaching, and Hill was not fired. The question was "were these guys poor hockey coaches". Look at what the Gophers have accomplished since Lucia replaced Hill with Guntzel. Hill holds the all time worst record at UAA, with ZERO league wins in a season.
                        And how many of the juniors and seniors at Minnesota are Hill's recruits? Plenty of guys not coaching anywhere right now that are good coaches. I know of one with five NCAA appearances. Betcha he's got his resume on Cobb's desk right now. Wonder if you can afford the salaries he'd want for himself and his assistants.

Comment

5 NCAA appearances. Who would that be? What's your guess on his asking price.
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to throw this out there.

I was attending the Seawolves end of the season banquet on Thursday night.

I needed to use the bathroom. As I was opening the door, the urinal flushed, and Dr. Cobb was walking out the door as I opened it.

Needless to say, I didn't shake his hand the entire night.
                            _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                            No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              cmon suze you're slipping right back into your negative self. you got your wish. cobb fired the coach. some folks would move on and maybe put some positive effort into building up not tearing down the program. you sound like you want to dwell on past negatives instead of looking forward to a positive future.
                              Oh stop it. I was simply answering a question. I defended this program for YEARS and took a lot of heat for it for YEARS. You were nowhere around, so don't give me attitude about being negative.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Oh stop it. I was simply answering a question. I defended this program for YEARS and took a lot of heat for it for YEARS. You were nowhere around, so don't give me attitude about being negative.
                                Because the name I'm using on this thread has not been around for thousands of posts, it makes my comments less valid? Sounds to me like you're taking a classic bully position. Bully and negativity many times go hand in hand. If length of time supporting the program stands for validity, I don't recall seeing you at the quanset hut. My guess (only a guess) you don't even know how the quanset hut would figure in the Seawolf program history. But I digress. How about we just ignore the past and try to promote the program going forward? And I don't care if someone joins up halfway through the next season or has promoted the program from its infancy, if you're a UAA fan I'm with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X