This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Went to the meet and greet tonight. Brown was more polished tonight than he was during the first visit. He came across as optimistic about the program and really expressed that he was not just wanting this specific job because of the changes that he can bring to it but also to be in Alaska and bring his family here.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
      Went to the meet and greet tonight. Brown was more polished tonight than he was during the first visit. He came across as optimistic about the program and really expressed that he was not just wanting this specific job because of the changes that he can bring to it but also to be in Alaska and bring his family here.
      Thanks, that's kinda what I expected. He was very connected with the community when he was here before.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What the heck happened to that other thread- it was actually pretty interesting even to an outsider.

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
          What the heck happened to that other thread- it was actually pretty interesting even to an outsider.
          When you start a thread you also have the control to stop it unless…......The NCAA confiscated it for the investigation.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            I attended all of the last Coach Meet & Greets and plan on attending all of them next week. Not going tonight. Tonights guy was less than lacking to run our program when he was here last time and I don't see how he could improve enough in the short period of time since he was last here to warrent listening to him a second time. God forbid he should be hired. That would be enough to turn me into a "brownmustgonow" type a guy. Not really. But the guy is just not of the caliber we're looking for.
            For those interested it's at 7 pm. The planners must be expecting a large turnout seeing they say it's in the Cafeteria not Lucy"s.
            I have seen Brown's coaching and he knows what he is doing. Kevin Hartzell should be the next UAA coach. Thats the million dollar question.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              I have seen Brown's coaching and he knows what he is doing. Kevin Hartzell should be the next UAA coach. Thats the million dollar question.
              Has Hartzell coached any other league?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                Has Hartzell coached any other league?
                Google
                Kevin Hartzell hockeydb... (St. Paul Vulcans 1983-89, Sioux Falls Stampede 2005-2012)
                http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=7509

He was replaced by former North Dakota asst coach Cary Eades and the Stampede were 47 W 17 L 0 T this year. Lost in round 2 of the playoffs.
                Last edited by hockeykrazy; 06-07-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  When you start a thread you also have the control to stop it unless…......The NCAA confiscated it for the investigation.
                  I've seen them locked before, but this one just disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope to god that UA gets a good coach this time around!

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
                    I've seen them locked before, but this one just disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope to god that UA gets a good coach this time around!
                    The original creator of the thread can nuke it at any time. I've seen it happen before. Rather annoying that they give the creator that power after about 50 replies.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      The original creator of the thread can nuke it at any time. I've seen it happen before. Rather annoying that they give the creator that power after about 50 replies.
                      Brent does it when his yeast infection starts to flare up.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

OK I am over it, Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          OK I am over it, Go Seawolves!
                          And it's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Rarity, please describe this whole saga:
                            *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9654-Absolutely_Horrendous.jpg******
                            (Just wanted to get this off page 2)
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

You've got to hand it to David Peter's of Dartmouth's confidence.. "If I was UAA, I would not let me leave here" Laugh http://www.adn.com/2013/06/10/293482...ecruiting.html

June 6 Chris Brown
                              6:30-7 Hockey Alumni
                              7-7:30 Boosters

June 10 David Peters

June 11 Ron Fogarty

June 12 Kevin Hartzell

June 13 Matt Thomas

June 14 Mike Corbett

Two down, four to go.. If anyone attends, fill us in! ~~ Sun

Comment

Anchorage Daily News report. I am out of town but talked to someone who went last night and was told this guy had done his homework on the team. He could rattle off what championships the Seawolves could win and that he plans to aim for.

http://www.adn.com/2013/06/11/293619...diii-team.html

Comment

Working...
                                X