X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    First, she didn't mention is name. Second, he's no longer the coach here and I doubt anyone else cares. Third ... what would he gain? If it were true, he'd just bring more attention to himself. And if he isn't the one involved but it happened under his watch, that's still a black eye.
    These pie in the sky, absolutely no facts to back up slanderous accusations, trying to hide behind "oh I don't want to hurt anyones pride" baloney, sometime in the past but not even nailed down to a specific year, just cheapens the accusers credibility. Either put up the names or stop the cheap shots. Anyone can make any accusation against anybody. Without any names or facts to back them up these accusations are so far out of line that the moderator should take them down.

Comment

Back to the search for our next hockey coach. Is the meet and greet with Brown taking place this week?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Back to the search for our next hockey coach. Is the meet and greet with Brown taking place this week?
        Its tonight.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Chris Brown Meet N Greet tonight, and Gary Heenan is Wednesday.
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            Thanks!
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              @7 pm......sharp........ till 7:30
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                @7 pm......sharp........ till 7:30
                Well what did you think of him?

Comment

Told you folks Brown was a waste of a plane ticket and lodging.

Someone be sure to record the M&G Tomorrow, so when he says something like "I know Jerry York will not coach forever, just want to cut my teeth on this DI thing until I can move on to BC" it can be put on Youtube.

Get on with it and hand Corbs the keys to the Zam....

Comment

Bet you'll prefer Heenan. He's not waiting in the wings for another D-1 job, and he's a fiery guy. Would like to hear your take on his open forum, if you attend.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-01-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

One of the strengths of Heenan is that he really gets involved with the community. He took a start up program and turned it into the D-3 attendance leader for the past few years. (IIRC they have been top 20 in both D1 and D3). He and his players will be everywhere in the community.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Yup.

He may or may not win at UAA, but I'll guarantee that he'll have his guys going into every nook and cranny of the community to serve others, and to drum up program-support as a by-product.

He's a complete master of positive PR. Everyone in town will be made aware of the program and its good-works, whether they follow hockey or not.

Comment

http://www.adn.com/2013/05/02/288855...key-coach.html

The comments section disgusts me. Ya know what Anchorage, if your happy with a pedestrian volleyball and women's basketball team and the boatload of money XCR brings in, than you deserve Cobb. Good luck filling up that new arena when Northwest Nazarene and St. Martins come to town. **ck this.

Comment

5,000 seats...maybe they DON'T care about $$$sports in that new building....Looking to compete against Sullivan Arena for the Phil Collins when I'm 80 tour, REO Speedwagon and Journey, the Beatles rival and all those home and garden and boat shows$$$. That money can help build the new hockey arena, give them more facilities for track and field and more bucks for the coaches and a BIG RAISE and lifetime contract for the AD!!!!

Comment

Just read the latest article on the UAA search. Good lord.

This internet nutcase from Blackbear nation stands in solidarity . . . May the Univ get it right in the end, even if it's by accident.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Anyone interest in talking about the future of Seawolves hockey? ....it seems like theres a core group of 3-4 Cobb Lovers on the "positive" thread that won't let go.

Corbett and Hartzell are my early leaders for the next gig. What say thee?

The Final Coaches Poll

--Dre

Comment

Working...
                                X