This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Of the 4 final candidates I like Corbett the best. Believe he can bring some new training ideas - including some neat off the ice training ideas that his present team uses.http://www.uscho.com/2012/04/17/air-...ame-at-a-time/
    Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      maybe the haters will have to cheer on the nooks.
      If you read between the lines, know the tail that wags the dog or are familiar with the history of some of the disgruntled, they already do.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
        Of the 4 final candidates I like Corbett the best. Believe he can bring some new training ideas - including some neat off the ice training ideas that his present team uses.http://www.uscho.com/2012/04/17/air-...ame-at-a-time/
        As Yogi said....."It ain't over till it's over". I'll know more Wednesday night.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by drcobbmustgonow View Post
          The Cross-Country and Track and Field Teams are ripping it up with their Kenyan imports! That's really positive...and according to DD, justifies keep the AD at the helm.
          Really makes me glad we dont allow anyone but natural born Americans on our hockey team. None of those darn "imports" are gonna dilute our gene pool. And the gall of that DD guy! Why he has never given a thought to UAA hockey.

Comment

UAAs Track and Field team includes 22 Alaskans on a squad of 49. There are 7 Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              UAAs Track and Field team includes 22 Alaskans on a squad of 49. There are 7 Kenyans.
              So what are the numbers for our hockey club? Alaskans, USA guys, Canadiens and Naslund "The Swede" is gone. Didn't Talafous have a Chech connection? Maybe not Chech but that part of the world. Made one of em an assistant and he recruited the heck out of em. Memory is shot. Just want to look forward not back.

Comment

Interesting article - http://amandacoyne.com/news/why-is-u...o-up-in-smoke/
                Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
                  She makes a very ****ing accusation which she should back up if true or retract if she can't back it up.
                  Who is it making the "allegation"?
                  "(Say nothing about the silence surrounding the allegation of an assault and the cover up of the assault involving the former hockey coach and a student player. It’s the best known secret in the hockey community. Case, here’s a head’s up: it will come out eventually and it won’t be pretty.)"
                  And if it was the best known secret in the hockey community why wasnt it posted when folks were calling for Shyiak's and Cobb's head?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayfarnorth View Post
                    She makes a very ****ing accusation which she should back up if true or retract if she can't back it up.
                    Someone who admits several times that they really know nothing and is just acting as a mouthpiece for her boyfriend.

And if it was the best known secret in the hockey community why wasnt it posted when folks were calling for Shyiak's and Cobb's head?
                    People make **** up and pretend it's real to get other people to listen to them. Amanda Coyne's boyfriend is quite obviously a sniveling little attention-whore at home but not man enough to put his name on her blog and make the accusations himself. I made the effort to check out a couple of her other posts to evaluate the acuity of a mind who'd write what she did. Everything I read was essentially shallow and lacking of any real analysis. Her writing is sophomore-ish at best. If she tries really hard an applies herself one day she could be writing an insipid weekly column for some dying rag in Ottumwa, Iowa.

It's been fairly amusing reading the comments in the ADN on the various stories. The blatant lack of any real knowledge about the hockey program, the university and/or life in general is about 90 percent there.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                      Someone who admits several times that they really know nothing and is just acting as a mouthpiece for her boyfriend.

People make **** up and pretend it's real to get other people to listen to them. Amanda Coyne's boyfriend is quite obviously a sniveling little attention-whore at home but not man enough to put his name on her blog and make the accusations himself. I made the effort to check out a couple of her other posts to evaluate the acuity of a mind who'd write what she did. Everything I read was essentially shallow and lacking of any real analysis. Her writing is sophomore-ish at best. If she tries really hard an applies herself one day she could be writing an insipid weekly column for some dying rag in Ottumwa, Iowa.

It's been fairly amusing reading the comments in the ADN on the various stories. The blatant lack of any real knowledge about the hockey program, the university and/or life in general is about 90 percent there.
                      Please don't wish this purveyor of insipid drivel on the good people of Ottumwa.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayfarnorth View Post
                        "(Say nothing about the silence surrounding the allegation of an assault and the cover up of the assault involving the former hockey coach and a student player. It’s the best known secret in the hockey community. Case, here’s a head’s up: it will come out eventually and it won’t be pretty.)"
                        Actually, she does know what she's talking about, but she just doesn't want to name any names. I received information about an assault on a player from a former assistant UAA coach (who was on staff when it happened). He was outraged that UAA didn't investigate it. Maybe something was done about it after he left, maybe not. I only know what he told me, and this indeed did happen. Out of privacy and respect for the player, I choose not to mention his name on a public forum.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

When did this alleged event happen?

Comment

When did this alleged event happen?
                            I'll just say between 2008 and 2010. I know the player involved, but not which coach, although I have strong suspicions.
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Coyne's accusation says
                              ... an assault between the former coach and ...
                              This is a very strong implication against Shyiak ... it's darn near "explicit". "The former coach" obviously being the key phrase ... If I were Shyiak's lawyer, I'd sue her for defamation and libel. And I'd win. I doubt he'd concern himself with doing so since she's nobody.

So some event happened between one of the three coaches and a player between 3 and 5 seasons ago. I won't use the word "assault" as that has a strict legal definition. In Alaska you'd be surprised what sort of physical contact between two people can happen that doesn't reach the legal definition of "assault". Consider this definition from Alaska Law ... 4th Degree Assault

(a) A person commits the crime of assault in the fourth degree if
                              (1) that person recklessly causes physical injury to another person;
                              (2) with criminal negligence that person causes physical injury to another person by means of a dangerous instrument; or
                              (3) by words or other conduct that person recklessly places another person in fear of imminent physical injury.

Assault in the 4th Degree is a Class A Misdemeanor. Allow me to relate a real world example from my personal experience. Man approaches me. I sense he wants to punch me. I decide to allow him to punch me while restraining myself from retaliating. He punches me in the jaw. I immediately smile at him and say, "You're going to jail." Cop shows up and asks, "Are you injured?". I say, "Not really, that skinny biatch couldn't hurt me". No arrest is made. No citation issued. No action against the person whatsoever.

4th degree assault is THE lowest level of assault on the books. Each higher level requires higher standards of injury etc. 3rd Degree Assault is a Class C Felony.
                              Last edited by uaafanblog; 04-28-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Coyne's accusation says

This is a very strong implication against Shyiak ... it's darn near "explicit". "The former coach" obviously being the key phrase ... If I were Shyiak's lawyer, I'd sue her for defamation and libel. And I'd win. I doubt he'd concern himself with doing so since she's nobody.
                                First, she didn't mention is name. Second, he's no longer the coach here and I doubt anyone else cares. Third ... what would he gain? If it were true, he'd just bring more attention to himself. And if he isn't the one involved but it happened under his watch, that's still a black eye.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X