PDA

View Full Version : UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

seaturtle
06-12-2013, 01:10 PM
I am pretty certain that Fogarty was not interested in the MTU job.
I've got to know him since he arrived at Adrian. He started the youth hockey program for the youth (and our son) here and has his players helping out on weekends. He has won here every year and his program has sparked not only the other teams but the city.
Come to think of it - I hope Alaska doesn't touch him too.

Hammer
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I think I can confirm that as well.

Alaska Hockey
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
I just heard some bad things when his name came up for MTU.
we are into "bad thing's" spill your gut's, tell us something new. Was He was ****ed because of no Starbucks in town or what?

Suze
06-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Fogarty? I wouldn't touch him.

One quote in the ADN does not impress me:
His teams take their share of penalties too, averaging seven a game last season.

"We're an abrasive team," Fogarty said Tuesday at a public forum at UAA. "We're go-get-'em and we finish a lot of checks.

Sorry, but in my opinion we don't need that. UAA took way too many penalties under Shyiak and it killed us. I don't want to go back to the Talafous mentality, but I was hoping for a more disciplined approach - which is why I still like Corbett.

Hammer
06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
One quote in the ADN does not impress me:

Sorry, but in my opinion we don't need that. UAA took way too many penalties under Shyiak and it killed us. I don't want to go back to the Talafous mentality, but I was hoping for a more disciplined approach - which is why I still like Corbett.
Okay, I will say this: Adrian does take their share of penalties. No doubt about that. But I will also say that the special teams, for the most part, have been exceptional as well.

Shirtless Guy
06-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I think I can confirm that as well.can confirm what?

Hammer
06-12-2013, 03:35 PM
That Ron didn't have much interest in the MTU job.

Your turn.

MinnesotaNorthStar
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
we are into "bad thing's" spill your gut's, tell us something new. Was He was ****ed because of no Starbucks in town or what?That will be taken care of once Howard Schultz donates $50 million to the WCHA and puts a Starbucks in every arena...just ask Pink Pony.

Hammer
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh, Jesus. Don't start that.

Alaska Hockey
06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
When you go 145-20-6 you can take as many smart penalties as you want.

Hammer
06-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Some of those penalties we've taken aren't the smartest, though. I made no bones about that as we went along.

Pink Pony
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
That will be taken care of once Howard Schultz donates $50 million to the WCHA and puts a Starbucks in every arena...

Yes I am in process of contacting Mr Schultz and Starbucks.NCHC has big rinks and tv contract, but the WCHA is going to have Starbucks.

Suze
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM

Am I to glean that you were impressed with him then?

Pink Pony
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I am pretty certain that Fogarty was not interested in the MTU job.
I've got to know him since he arrived at Adrian. He started the youth hockey program for the youth (and our son) here and has his players helping out on weekends. He has won here every year and his program has sparked not only the other teams but the city.
Come to think of it - I hope Alaska doesn't touch him too.\\

Good Division three coaches don't get enough credit. Gwoz was a Division three coach at one time.

Really what is the difference between a Division three head coach and USHL head coach?

mmf
06-12-2013, 09:57 PM
"... I don't know how to trap so I can't teach it. I'm all go." - Fogarty

Fogarty doesn’t teach/coach the trap. But the Seawolves can’t rely solely on clutch & grab. He is of no use to UAA.:)

Suze
06-12-2013, 10:02 PM
"... I don't know how to trap so I can't teach it. I'm all go." - Fogarty

Fogarty doesn’t teach/coach the trap. But the Seawolves can’t rely solely on clutch & grab. He is of no use to UAA.:)

Go away.

joecct
06-12-2013, 10:02 PM
\\

Good Division three coaches don't get enough credit. Gwoz was a Division three coach at one time.

Really what is the difference between a Division three head coach and USHL head coach?The paycheck.

Suze
06-13-2013, 01:14 AM
The latest ADN article is posted, and once again it is NOT written by Doyle Woody. Maybe our emails didn't fall on deaf ears after all. Well, one can hope!

http://www.adn.com/2013/06/12/2937542/hartzell-would-bring-25-years.html

Snippet:

Though Hartzell is still getting to know UAA's program, he said bad news travels, and he is aware of some aspects he would change. Without going into specifics, Hartzell said the key to recruiting good players is making current players happy.

"There's pieces of the program that have to improve, because the players know it," Hartzell said. "The greatest recruiter is a great program."

Coaching junior hockey, Hartzell has been on the other end of the college recruiting conversation, helping kids decide where to play. One of the first things he told his players to do was call anyone they knew who played for a prospective program and see what kind of reviews the program generated.

"They are your greatest recruiters, not the coach," Hartzell said. "Don't ever let anyone tell you the coach is a recruiter. Your players and your alumni are your greatest recruiters, and the problem has to be solved there before it can be solved anyplace else."

Alaska Hockey
06-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Go away.
Suze watch out ………………..He Knows Ashley Reed

Alaska Hockey
06-13-2013, 01:58 AM
\\

So if there is any movment he might get a job?