X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Well,

It appears that Suze and others have been right all along. Now the UAA hockey Alumni Association has issue a vote of "No Confidence" to UAA AD. This gets worse and worse:

Link: http://www.adn.com/2013/04/23/287658...ote-of-no.html

Comment

Corbett saying he doesn't play systems, rather he tries to have guys play to their strengths makes sense to me.
      He sounds like he'd bring a freewheeling brand of hockey to the Sully.
      That would be something we haven't seen in the last 3 coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayfarnorth View Post
        Corbett saying he doesn't play systems, rather he tries to have guys play to their strengths makes sense to me.
        He sounds like he'd bring a freewheeling brand of hockey to the Sully.
        That would be something we haven't seen in the last 3 coaches.
        Well, to be fair, Hills first season was kinda like that. I certainly like what Corbett has to say, and how he feels the players need to have FUN and learn to love the game again.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          seems to me your moniker pretty much tells where you're coming from
          haven't heard anything positive in any of your posts
          too much negativity for my taste
          bye
          so why did you come back? maybe you should start the "Cobb is the Shiz" thread and talk among the two of you. The battle has just begun baby! Guess I'll just sit back and feel your positive vibrations. Hope they pack the house.

--Dre

Comment

Originally posted by drcobbmustgonow View Post
            so why did you come back? maybe you should start the "Cobb is the Shiz" thread and talk among the two of you. The battle has just begun baby! Guess I'll just sit back and feel your positive vibrations. Hope they pack the house.

--Dre
            Come on loser. Negativity never won anything. I'm happy to see you'll sit back and enjoy my positive vibrations cause people sure aren't attracted to ugly negatives. Well maybe Zombies are, however normal people are usually more attracted to positives than negatives. It's a fact of life you seem incapable of grasping. You've lost the battle to have Dr. Cobb fired and are too ignorant to understand that. It's a fact, Dr. Cobb is here to stay and your negativity isn't going to change that. You've lost this fight. It's a fact you've lost. if you doubt it take a walk over to wells fargo and see who'se sitting in the AD chair. You remind me of a spoiled child kicking your heels and screaming at the top of your lungs. It won't change anything so why don't you go take a nap and when you wake up rested and refreshed maybe you can come up with something positive or interesting to post up.

Comment

2 votes of no confidence. I'm pretty sure Dr. Cobb has got the message. In addition to getting it first hand (I'm assuming both organizations sent a copy to him) I'm pretty sure Spindle and Case have let him know.
              You'll either see him bending over backwards to include and accomodate both organizations or you'll see his head roll.
              That being said, how does anyone think a negative rant on this board is going to get him fired? It isn't.
              So why not change the tone to something positive for the program?
              Something pleasant to read.
              A place to have a rational discourse on Seawolf hockey.
              The die is cast. Four applicants to discuss, evaluate, advocate for and against.
              Go Seawolves!

Comment

Anyone attending the Whitten meet & greet tomorrow? I wish we weren't so far away!
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Anyone attending the Whitten meet & greet tomorrow? I wish we weren't so far away!
                  I won't be able to make it. Now if I knew his wife was going to be there ... that might be a different thing entirely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    I won't be able to make it. Now if I knew his wife was going to be there ... that might be a different thing entirely!!!
                    HA! Bob said just the other day, "I bet Donald will be glad if Damon gets the job". He didn't need to say more. I think he forgot you moved to Chicago!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hope everyone on this thread is there. We could have a good discussion on here lasting till the next show on Monday. How far away are you Suze? Being one of the most active posters on here it'd sure help if you heard and saw it first hand. DD hasn't posted on what went on with Corbett. Chicago too far a commute? Haven't heard from JimJack Guess what I'm trying to say is the more folks that hear and see first hand the better the intercourse on here.
                      I estimated there were maybe 10/12 hockey alumni last night. I think that was Spindle running the show. I'd like to be told yes it was or no it wasn't. Half the hockey alumni got up and left as soon as the general public was admitted. They had been there for 1/2 hour. Were they that unimpressed by Corbett? Or were they too elite to sit with the public? I found it interesting that Corbett said in his presentation that his players were going to be regular folks and not a prima donna clique. Was he referring to the half that left as soon as the public was admitted?
                      My guess was about 75 folks at the public shindig. Other peoples guesstimate????
                      Hope more people on this thread attend the Whitten thing.

Comment

Sigh. I think we ALL want nothing more than for the UAA Seawolves Hockey team to meet their maximal potential. What is obvious is that there is a HUGE
                        disconnect in how that is to be achieved. As for myself, over the years I have entertained various camps of thought but for the most part I have privately hoped for a coaching change, and with recent events, now an AD change. Regarding the latter point, yes I acknowledge that changing our AD won't have an immediate or monumental effect in that the UA system is set up in such as way as to render the powers of the AD somewhat impotent, but still I am of the utmost conviction that ultimately an AD change must be made if UAA hockey is to reach its full potential.

To me our current AD has made countless blunders that deserve our criticism and scrutiny. Obviously those that feel Cobb are doing a passable job are going to defend him, but just the same those of us that don't are going to CALL HIM OUT! So no, we aren't going to 'go away' or 'accept things as they are'. We're going to be a vocal lot until things change. Yeah, I'm not going to deny that may be some years to come. But please, don't tell us to 'sit down and shut up'. And now with TWO votes of no confidence from respectable Alaska hockey associations, one can not ignore what is going on with public sentiment in the state of Alaska! Bury your head in the sand if you will, but the jury is out on Cobb, and it's NOT GOOD!

*Sorry for the caps and emotional sentiments, I'm just extremely passionate about this matter and while normally I'm pretty passive, this has riled me up something good. I do respect and appreciate all of you fellow Seawolf fans' opinions*. This will be my last post on this subject for quite some time. United we stand, divided we fall!*
                        Last edited by Alaskana; 04-24-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Hope everyone on this thread is there. We could have a good discussion on here lasting till the next show on Monday. How far away are you Suze? Being one of the most active posters on here it'd sure help if you heard and saw it first hand. DD hasn't posted on what went on with Corbett. Chicago too far a commute? Haven't heard from JimJack Guess what I'm trying to say is the more folks that hear and see first hand the better the intercourse on here.
                          I estimated there were maybe 10/12 hockey alumni last night. I think that was Spindle running the show. I'd like to be told yes it was or no it wasn't. Half the hockey alumni got up and left as soon as the general public was admitted. They had been there for 1/2 hour. Were they that unimpressed by Corbett? Or were they too elite to sit with the public? I found it interesting that Corbett said in his presentation that his players were going to be regular folks and not a prima donna clique. Was he referring to the half that left as soon as the public was admitted?
                          My guess was about 75 folks at the public shindig. Other peoples guesstimate????
                          We're about 50 miles away. Even if we wanted to make it tomorrow, we have plans. And I know I couldn't talk hubby into coming with me ... he is one very disgruntled and disillusioned fan right now.

Well said Alaskana. I totally agree with you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            We're about 50 miles away. Even if we wanted to make it tomorrow, we have plans. And I know I couldn't talk hubby into coming with me ... he is one very disgruntled and disillusioned fan right now.

Well said Alaskana. I totally agree with you.
                            Thanks for the show of support, Suze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              It Jimjamesak and I'm not responding because its a rehash of many arguments we've had before and also for other reasons I won't say publicly (but that some on here know).

As for coaches, I think Corbett and Whitten are the best choices but I say let everyone speak before we make up our minds.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This is not a loaded challenge.
                                Put Cobbs "countless blunders" up here.
                                The only ones I've heard is he didn't put ice in the building and he's pushed the hockey elite away by not putting them on the search committee.
                                Not making light of either of those things because they are not insignificant.
                                But my count is 2.
                                If there are "countless blunders" they haven't been posted here or I have missed them.
                                If heads are buryed in the sand it is the folks that refuse to acknowledge the reality that this thread is not going to get Cobb fired.
                                That reality is this thread is not going to get Cobb fired. Now pull your head out of the sand and if you are so set on having him fired go do it. But you're not not going to accomplish that here.
                                You have a better chance of accomplishing your goal through an association than beating that dead horse here.
                                So did you attend the Corbett meet and greet?? and are you going to come to the next 3??
                                I'm looking forward to your observations on the meet and greets.

Comment

Working...
                                X