X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by malainse View Post
    Why is anyone surprised about D-III coaches being finalists? We are after all being run like a D-III program.
    If there was a Division 2 do you think we could upgrade to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      To be fair Norm Bazin came from D-3 Hamilton to UMass Lowell and only took them from a 5 win the year before arrived to 24 then 27 with a frozen four appearance.
      Norm Bazin was an 11 year assistant at the D-1 level at Mass-Lowell and Colorado College prior to spending 3 years gaining head coaching experience in D-III. It's not like he just came out of nowhere.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Norm Bazin was an 11 year assistant at the D-1 level at Mass-Lowell and Colorado College prior to spending 3 years gaining head coaching experience in D-III. It's not like he just came out of nowhere.
        Thanks for the info. It would be nice to see an actual breakdown of the four applicants job history.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Thanks for the info. It would be nice to see an actual breakdown of the four applicants job history.
          try hockeydb.com
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Is the coaches public appearance as close as we'll ever get to the "Final Four"?
            Yeah I know, lame attempt at humour.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              try hockeydb.com
              They don't necessarily do the best job with coaches records. You're better off bumping around the team history pages here, for current head coaches.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                I am one of the biggest Norm Bazin supporters on Earth (see the thread on Hockey East Coach Rankings from the middle of the season) but he is an anomaly. If not for his accident, he would have had a D1 HC job much sooner. It just so happened that he went to Hamilton and then to Lowell, but he would've had success at Lowell with or without Hamilton. I know Norm Bazin, and none of the candidates here are Norm Bazin...

Comment

Originally posted by buy_odins_beer View Post
                  This. And this would get AD's fired most places but UAA is content with it. DISGUSTING.
                  Lake State feels your pain, our AD and entire administration is complacent and its maddening!

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                    I am one of the biggest Norm Bazin supporters on Earth (see the thread on Hockey East Coach Rankings from the middle of the season) but he is an anomaly. If not for his accident, he would have had a D1 HC job much sooner. It just so happened that he went to Hamilton and then to Lowell, but he would've had success at Lowell with or without Hamilton. I know Norm Bazin, and none of the candidates here are Norm Bazin...
                    i couldn't agree with you more. As a fellow alum of the Birmingham Bulls organization, it's great to se that Norm has done so well. Worked his bitt off to get where he's at now.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

If it makes any difference, Corbett is really excited to possibly work at UAA. He doesn't see it as a second rate school and believes he can win early. Having worked with him at AFA I agree that he would be a good fit. He is a players coach but the admin loves him too.

Comment

Just a little history lesson, Chris Brown while at UAA recruited the "zap" line, Gregg Zaporzan, Steve Cygan and Mike Scott, along with goalie Gregg Naumenko.
                        GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          If it makes any difference, Corbett is really excited to possibly work at UAA. He doesn't see it as a second rate school and believes he can win early. Having worked with him at AFA I agree that he would be a good fit. He is a players coach but the admin loves him too.
                          I think many UAA fans think he's the best choice.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Of course I'm biased. But, based on his CV, the Seawolves could do way worse than Mike Corbett.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Wonder what Warner thinks of Corbett? Has anyone asked him?

Comment

Warner came to UAA from Army so I am not sure that he would know that much about Corbett
                                GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X