Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

We are here to CELEBRATE the "Great" run by our Lakers, to discuss the past, the present and the future....It's gonna be along summer but we have plenty of space here to fill... Commence!
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_68979

The defense looks to be shaping up nicely for next season. Returning Gertsakis, Rivait and King plus adding JJ Hart, Mackenzie Scott (has D1 experience), Chris Raguseo and now Alex D'Oliveira so far. The returning forwards are also strong defensively and there is also a very talented goalie waiting in the wings for his time to shine.

Comment

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

You are speaking of Gibert between the pipes, yes? Starting as a sophomore?

I like the Hard Rock theme to the thread!

Comment

Some inspiration for the Laker faithful tonight - the story of my friend and colleague Jim Valvano and his miracle achievement in 1983 at NC State...Survive and Advance airs tonight at 9pm on The Worldwide Leader...

LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

The blueline with these recruits seems to be a little bigger too. These west teams seem to have these trees for D maybe that is the way to go.

Comment

Known commitments

Mackenzie Scott - Trenton (OJHL) Defense (20 GP 2-4-6)
            Krystian Yorke - Trenton (OJHL) Forward (51 GP 14-21-35)
            Brian Hennessey - Brockville Braves (CCHL) Forward (12 GP 0-6-6)
            JJ Hart - Kanata Stallions (CCHL) Defense (41 GP 3-13-16)
            Manny Gialedakis - Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL) Forward (52 GP 20-26-46)
            Josh Timpano - Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) Forward (50 GP 16-34-50)
            Alex D'Oliveira - Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) Defense (55 GP 7-40-47)
            Chris Raguseo - Whitby Fury (OJHL) Defense (51 GP 7-29-36)
            Matt Esposito - Rochester Stars (EJHL) Forward (28 GP 8-17-25)
            Brandon Adams - Soo Eagles (NAHL) Forward (24 GP 15-13-28)
            Eric Wetzel - Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) Forward (54 GP 14-22-36)
            Matt Zawadzki - Nepean (CCHL) Goalie (37 GP, 0.916 SV% 2.85 GAA)
            Stephen Johnson - Cornwall (CCHL) Defense (60 GP 9-28-37)
            Andrew Barton - Stratford (GOJHL) Forward (49 GP 19-35-54)
            [strike]Greg Dodds - North Bay Trapers (NOJHL) Goalie (39 GP, 0.928 SV% 2.25 GAA)[/strike]
            Chris Waterstreet - Soo Eagles (NAHL) Forward (58 GP 15-9-24)
            Mike Montagna - Univerity of Vermont (Hockey East) D1 Forward (11 GP 0-3-3)
            Alex Botten - Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) Forward (60 GP 25-63-88)
            Beau Orser - North Bay Trappers (OJHL) Defense (31 GP 9-23-32)
            Dylan Smith - Estevan Bruins (SJHL) Forward (53 GP 24-27-51)
            Mike Mills - Merrimack College (Hockey East) D1 Defense (7GP 0-0-0)
            Kenneth Neil - Nepean Raiders (CCHL) Forward (61 GP 21-56-77)
            Last edited by OSU2010; 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM.
            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

you beat me to D'Oliveria as I was getting the numbers from the rest on the list. Brandon Adams played 2 games for DI Holy Cross
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
                The blueline with these recruits seems to be a little bigger too. These west teams seem to have these trees for D maybe that is the way to go.
                D'Oliveira is definately a big body at 6'2", and seems to have some decent hands judging by his stats. It will be interesting to see how this recruiting season plays out, and hopefully the 2013/14 team can pull out a "couple" unexpected wins next year.
                2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                  You are speaking of Gibert between the pipes, yes? Starting as a sophomore?

I like the Hard Rock theme to the thread!
                  Yes I am talking about Gilbert. I know some don't like the idea of a young goalie starting behind a young team but I think his mechanics and technique are very solid and as long as the pressure doesn't get to him he will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                    http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_68979

The defense looks to be shaping up nicely for next season. Returning Gertsakis, Rivait and King plus adding JJ Hart, Mackenzie Scott (has D1 experience), Chris Raguseo and now Alex D'Oliveira so far. The returning forwards are also strong defensively and there is also a very talented goalie waiting in the wings for his time to shine.
                    Yes the D looks pretty good and those on the recruit list so far look Very good.Concern is btwn the pipes,a soph wiht basically no experience and 2 freshmen coming in?? I would think we will see a transfer goalie to help sure things up,if not ...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Yes the D looks pretty good and those on the recruit list so far look Very good.Concern is btwn the pipes,a soph wiht basically no experience and 2 freshmen coming in?? I would think we will see a transfer goalie to help sure things up,if not ...
                      Plattsburgh's going to be in the same boat next year, when Cadieux graduates. But I suppose it's better than when Hince left, and we had 2 freshmen rotating the starts
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                        Known commitments

Mackenzie Scott - Trenton (OJHL) Defense (20 GP 2-4-6)
                        Krystian Yorke - Trenton (OJHL) Forward (51 GP 14-21-35)
                        Brian Hennessey - Brockville Braves (CCHL) Forward (12 GP 0-6-6)
                        JJ Hart - Kanata Stallions (CCHL) Forward (41 GP 3-13-16)
                        Manny Gialedakis - Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL) Forward (52 GP 20-26-46)
                        Josh Timpano - Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) Forward (50 GP 16-34-50)
                        Alex D'Oliveira - Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) Defense (55 GP 7-40-47)
                        Chris Raguseo - Whitby Fury (OJHL) Defense (51 GP 7-29-36)
                        Matt Esposito - Rochester Stars (EJHL) Forward (28 GP 8-17-25)
                        Brandon Adams - Soo Eagles (NAHL) Forward (24 GP 15-13-28)
                        as / collegehockeystats.net missing....Eric Wetzel CCHL Ottawa Sens 5' 9' 181 32gp 11 16 27 26pim Forward

Comment

I think Gilbert will do great next year. This past season I have talked with several of the players dads who have seen Gilbert play and they all said he was a big game goalie. Next year we will diffently have some nice big D'men with Riviat and King both 6'2" and the addition of the other big D'man coming in. I just hope that they all do come in with the finiancial aid status being what it is or isn't.
                          Of the players we lost I hope Coach has found another Singleton type of player. A grinder and one who does all the little nitty gritty things really great.
                          BTW Backdraft there were many old faces at Placid for I saw Fitzy, Gary Pellitier was there but I think he was after you, and Petey was there also.
                          Oswego 88

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            Plattsburgh's going to be in the same boat next year, when Cadieux graduates. But I suppose it's better than when Hince left, and we had 2 freshmen rotating the starts
                            i hear ya its a tough boat to row

Comment

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what a classy move by the Oswego players and coach Gosek to make it a point to shake the hand and thank EVERY Oswego student media representative in the postgame press conference following Saturday's championship game.

That's good stuff right there and speaks to the connection between the team and the student media and population as a whole. Maybe that's why 1000 kids pack the Campus Center every night for Laker home games and the kids actually travel to go see the games while other schools can't seem to draw the students...
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X