Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
    Talked to a source VERY close to the team and if everyone shows who has said they are the team will have 34 players including a 3rd goalie. RJ Berra has left the team.
    WOW that is a whole bunch of guys we dont know about, and there is only 2 weeks or so b4 they arrive at school,thats a pretty good job of keeping it cool,but we had heard from another poster earlier that they had a few tricks up their sleeves...........also nice to hear a 3 netminder coming in

Comment

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      Add Evan Schultz F 5'8 165 New Hampshire Junior Monarchs 47 GP 16-33-49 Lead Team in Scoring.
      ok I will...info on him...he played in the Beantown Classic 2012 summer and was very good from what I read, he raised his stock as they said, thats accourding to overtheboards.net....also looks like he was a UNH potential recruit in the 2011 season from what it has on their site....he was first on his team in scoring,about 11th in the league, he also had about 7 guys on his team going D1 this yr,that said dont think his size helped as far as D1,but he looks like the real deal....we will see
      Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-14-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Just by sheer size of the incoming freshman class, I think Oswego has a solid chance of winning the Most Valuable Freshman award for the SUNYAC. I mean, it's almost getting ridiculous.

Comment

Just looking at the size of the incoming class, it looks like playing against Oswego is going to be like playing Pacman. We gotta a whole bunch of small dudes weaving in and out of traffic and then like 3 or 4 monsters just running around ramming people. People like Hennesy, Barton or Botten are going to squeeze past those big defensemen, while giants like Waterstreet or Scott are just going to cause massive physical damage to anyone who tries to get by them. I can see Waterstreet taking after an Oswego snowplow and clearing the way to the net for one of his smaller comrades.

I dunno, could be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
            Just looking at the size of the incoming class, it looks like playing against Oswego is going to be like playing Pacman. We gotta a whole bunch of small dudes weaving in and out of traffic and then like 3 or 4 monsters just running around ramming people. People like Hennesy, Barton or Botten are going to squeeze past those big defensemen, while giants like Waterstreet or Scott are just going to cause massive physical damage to anyone who tries to get by them. I can see Waterstreet taking after an Oswego snowplow and clearing the way to the net for one of his smaller comrades.

I dunno, could be fun to watch.
            Come back Toto - its ALWAYS fun to watch...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              Come back Toto - its ALWAYS fun to watch...
              lol.... toto is interesting to say the least..

Comment

• Originally posted by toto238 View Post
                Just by sheer size of the incoming freshman class, I think Oswego has a solid chance of winning the Most Valuable Freshman award for the SUNYAC. I mean, it's almost getting ridiculous.
                I Think Joshua Koerner From Plattsburh Will Be A Strong Contender For Rookie Of The year
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

My list of potential canadates for Most Valuable Freshman based on thier JR numbers, strength of league they played in and if I was able to see any video on them.

Erik Moberg F Fredonia

Jack Ceglarski F Geneseo

Darren Young F Morrisville

Manny Gialedakis F Oswego

Alex Botton F Oswego

Stephen Johnson D Oswego

Dakota Mason F Plattsburgh

Joshua Koerner F Plattsburgh

Derek Patterson D Plattsburgh

Comment

I actually think Dakota Mason will turn out to be a better player at least initially. Moffat did have that knack for finding guys that were good but flew under the radar and Koerner could fit the bill. That said the Empire is a Junior B league so take that into account when looking at the numbers, although 151 points in 81 games is impressive at any level. Mason put up above average numbers in a good Alberta league and scored 27 goals for Dawson Creek of the NAHL in 2011. That is not always an indicator of success at the next level so you could very well be right.

I also think Geneseo's Jack Ceglarski is in the mix for ROY, he has good size and put up some strong numbers in the now former Atlantic league which again is hit or miss but he should be a decent player.

Comment

I actually think Dakota Mason will turn out to be a better player at least initially. Moffat did have that knack for finding guys that were good but flew under the radar and Koerner could fit the bill. That said the Empire is a Junior B league so take that into account when looking at the numbers, although 151 points in 81 games is impressive at any level. Mason put up above average numbers in a good Alberta league and scored 27 goals for Dawson Creek of the NAHL in 2011. That is not always an indicator of success at the next level so you could very well be right.

I also think Geneseo's Jack Ceglarski is in the mix for ROY, he has good size and put up some strong numbers in the now former Atlantic league which again is hit or miss but he should be a decent player.
                      Agree 100% Mason is one to watch. Have seen some video on the kid and he has the potential to be a game changer for the Cards.

Comment

The one knock I can see against Mason is his weight. If what is listed is accurate he probably could stand to add some muscle, unless he is real fleet of foot like many of the shorter, lighter players are.

Comment

The one knock I can see against Mason is his weight. If what is listed is accurate he probably could stand to add some muscle, unless he is real fleet of foot like many of the shorter, lighter players are.
                          Shane Remenda 6'1'' 160
                          Deryk*Whitehead 6'0'' 163
                          Dylan*Clarke 6'2'' 175

Ill take any one of those 3 taller/skinnier guys again.....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I didn't say if he doesn't add some muscle he would suck, I am saying he looks like he could be an absolute force if he did.

Comment

Some guys just carry the weight the right way....like Clarke. Nobody pushed him around. I've seen a lot of big guys who play soft. Mason isn't coming here to throw his weight around. It's the hands and the feet that are gonna make people notice.

Comment

Not to sure about this ROY talk, all i can say is Rjay Berra from the BCHL, a league that cranks out D1 players 1 after the next he had #'s for sure 2010-2011 45gp 34 goals 21 assists for 55 pts lead the league in goals b4 he got traded from what I rememebr............@ Oswego he had#^^$&*(*&%$#$^&**@@@...........BIG LETDOWN....never know

Comment

Working...
                                X