Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Fredonia's recruits this year are pretty impressive? Some of those guys were probably sought after by Platty and Oswego but they went with Fredonia. I guess the opportunity to be a star in Freddy appealed more than being a regular contributor at Oswego.

It looks like Plattsburgh has picked up some impressive forwards this year. But what's really stood out to me in Oswego's recruitment is the quality of the goalies they recruited. These two new guys look to be top-of-the-line and add in the recruit from last year and you have 3 goalies that could start for any team in D3. Realistically speaking, at least one of those goalies is not going to get a lot of time for awhile. One could end up being like a Dan Brown goalie who is very good but seldom used. Players have left other teams due to frustration related to those issues though. Something to consider.

Now here's the million-dollar question. Where are all the D1 transfers?
    All of this is on paper of course but Freddys recruits,there are 12 as of now dont look to be anywhere near whta Oz and Platty have, its pretty much like they didnt get the intrest from them and went to freddy as a safety school type thing........as for our netminder recruits they have good #'s but sometimes thats means squat when ya get on the ice......I do think it will make for a good battle for the top spot for sure.....as for D1 trans,I think they were all at Eau Claire last yr

Comment

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

So I decided to check out the commitment page to see if there were any late commitments and saw a name I found familiar and thought he had be recruited already.

07/08/13 DODDS, Greg University of Western Ontario 2013-14

Looks like everybody who said that they were waiting to see who would not show up doesn't have to wait for this one. I wonder now if there is a D1 transfer or just any transfer that he heard about and changed his mind or if cost became a factor, back down to 2 netminders for now. Oh and somebody a while back said they didn't know much about that league it is the same league that Lakers nemesis Bryan Hince came from.
      Last edited by dmac1103; 07-09-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
        So I decided to check out the commitment page to see if there were any late commitments and saw a name I found familiar and thought he had be recruited already.

Looks like everybody who said that they were waiting to see who would not show up doesn't have to wait for this one. I wonder now if there is a D1 transfer or just any transfer that he heard about and changed his mind or if cost became a factor, back down to 2 netminders for now. Oh and somebody a while back said they didn't know much about that league it is the same league that Lakers nemesis Bryan Hince came from.
        Nice pick-up,yea we have many recruits but as your post shows they may all not show up on campus,at least Oswegos campus..tbc

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post

D-1 scholarship I heard

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
            D-1 scholarship I heard
            well we r back to 2 goalies,lets see what happens now........

Comment

Doesn't Joe Hall (??) have any eligibility left as a goalie ?? Remember that a few years ago? I don't think Gosek wants to come that close to playing a forward in net again !! I tried in practice once and ran out of the net after 3 shots !!!

Comment

P.S. That 3rd shot was a deflection that caught me in the "lower mid-section""....That was it for me !! I can still hear the boys roaring as I left the ice !!!

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                  P.S. That 3rd shot was a deflection that caught me in the "lower mid-section""....That was it for me !! I can still hear the boys roaring as I left the ice !!!
                  played once in prep school,took 1 off the shoulder from Bob Kudelski,NHL 10yrs,and another dead center in the catching hand.....hit the showers after that,not for me....

Comment

Just checked the D3 "other site" and they had this/......Mike Montagna U of Vermont transfer to Oswego..5 11 " 185..played 33 of 34 games freshmen yr 7th on team in scoring,last yr only 11 gp?? injury?? from nearby Fulton NY,didnt see this on the collegecommitments site or here....anymore info??/??...looks to be a nice p/u if so.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Just checked the D3 "other site" and they had this/......Mike Montagna U of Vermont transfer to Oswego..5 11 " 185..played 33 of 34 games freshmen yr 7th on team in scoring,last yr only 11 gp?? injury?? from nearby Fulton NY,didnt see this on the collegecommitments site or here....anymore info??/??...looks to be a nice p/u if so.
                      At this time the information is accurate. As are the abundance of other names that aren't listed anywhere else yet.
                      Last edited by XYZ; 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM.
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

New to this board, although I've followed it for years. I believe Mike Montagna is the son of a former Laker from the mid 80's, Scott Montagna. I don't believe Scott saw much ice if any during the Unger era, and may have left the school to pursue his hockey career elsewhere. Mike's father, Scott, if I have the family correct, is a very well respected hockey guy with tons of coaching experience at the Junior Level with one of the Syracuse programs. My guess is Mike Montagna will be an excellent addition to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatlaker11 View Post
                          New to this board, although I've followed it for years. I believe Mike Montagna is the son of a former Laker from the mid 80's, Scott Montagna. I don't believe Scott saw much ice if any during the Unger era, and may have left the school to pursue his hockey career elsewhere. Mike's father, Scott, if I have the family correct, is a very well respected hockey guy with tons of coaching experience at the Junior Level with one of the Syracuse programs. My guess is Mike Montagna will be an excellent addition to the program.
                          Thanks for the info, I played on the 84-87 teams and remember a Montagna,big kid, dman like myself nice guy ,but didnt get much ice when I was there...well if his son is heading there and he is from fulton, then he knows the program well,best of luck if hes on the team come this fall

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            At this time the information is accurate. As are the abundance of other names that aren't listed anywhere else yet.
                            thnks, and nice carrot dangle..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              thnks, and nice carrot dangle..
                              Ha, well it's the truth
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                Ha, well it's the truth
                                well most of the players must have made their minds up by now, I would think those not yet "committed ", are transfers??........well we will see soon enough..

Comment

Working...
                                X