Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
    I think Gilbert will do great next year. This past season I have talked with several of the players dads who have seen Gilbert play and they all said he was a big game goalie. Next year we will diffently have some nice big D'men with Riviat and King both 6'2" and the addition of the other big D'man coming in. I just hope that they all do come in with the finiancial aid status being what it is or isn't.
    Of the players we lost I hope Coach has found another Singleton type of player. A grinder and one who does all the little nitty gritty things really great.
    BTW Backdraft there were many old faces at Placid for I saw Fitzy, Gary Pellitier was there but I think he was after you, and Petey was there also.
    Oswego 88
    Well I hope Gilbert can do the job ,but still would need 2 other goalies,frshmen or transfers in either case Im sure they would do ok...would have loved to have gone to LP,but family matter come first,hope all had a fun times besides the lost,ran into fitty a few yrs ago at whiteout weekend,looks like he can still play,as for gary funny guy always had a funny line with a smerk

Comment

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what a classy move by the Oswego players and coach Gosek to make it a point to shake the hand and thank EVERY Oswego student media representative in the postgame press conference following Saturday's championship game.

That's good stuff right there and speaks to the connection between the team and the student media and population as a whole. Maybe that's why 1000 kids pack the Campus Center every night for Laker home games and the kids actually travel to go see the games while other schools can't seem to draw the students...
      Have never met Gosek but he seems like that type of guy, good for him and hey the Oswego student media is second to none at this level

Comment

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what a classy move by the Oswego players and coach Gosek to make it a point to shake the hand and thank EVERY Oswego student media representative in the postgame press conference following Saturday's championship game.

That's good stuff right there and speaks to the connection between the team and the student media and population as a whole. Maybe that's why 1000 kids pack the Campus Center every night for Laker home games and the kids actually travel to go see the games while other schools can't seem to draw the students...
        Ed expresses his appreciation for WNYO and WTOP every time we get together - he knows it takes a committed team not unlike his own to create the kind of coverage Oswego fans have become accustomed to since moving into the Campus Center. Same for the players - the fact their friends and family can follow the team from wherever they happen to be is huge to them - I heard it from parents in Placid all weekend. Talking with Whitelaw back in the fall, he joked that "Keeley was likely to go pro before anyone on the team" - respect runs both ways and it's nice to see. Discussions for expansion of and improvements to the coverage for next year are already underway...
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Ed expresses his appreciation for WNYO and WTOP every time we get together - he knows it takes a committed team not unlike his own to create the kind of coverage Oswego fans have become accustomed to since moving into the Campus Center. Same for the players - the fact their friends and family can follow the team from wherever they happen to be is huge to them - I heard it from parents in Placid all weekend. Talking with Whitelaw back in the fall, he joked that "Keeley was likely to go pro before anyone on the team" - respect runs both ways and it's nice to see. Discussions for expansion of and improvements to the coverage for next year are already underway...
          back in the day we used to call Steve levy "marv" as in marv Albert, ya knew he would go pro for sure

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            I wonder if this is talked about between the recruit and their parents as they are deciding between schools. Certainly not a deal breaker or more important that finances, majors available, etc, but still could be a small selling point for Gosek's coaches to help recruiting.
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Eric Selleck called up to the Panthers to replace George Parros. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                I wonder if this is talked about between the recruit and their parents as they are deciding between schools. Certainly not a deal breaker or more important that finances, majors available, etc, but still could be a small selling point for Gosek's coaches to help recruiting.
                It is not unusual for Ed to conduct tours on game day, and I have witnessed several occasions where he walks them up the corridor to WNYO and WTOP...family members of current players also bring their friends from home around to show off the facilities...
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                  Eric Selleck called up to the Panthers to replace George Parros. Very cool.
                  Do you have a link? Tried looking this up and can't find it anywhere..
                  Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                  2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                    Do you have a link? Tried looking this up and can't find it anywhere..
                    Not a twitter user, huh?

It's all over there. Really only been reported by one Florida writer so far.
                    WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                      Not a twitter user, huh?

I hope its true because I'm going to be in NYC this weekend and if he's still on the big club, I'm going to try and convince the GF that going to see the Panthers play the Devils at Prudential Center on Saturday is a more than adequate date!
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

I hope its true because I'm going to be in NYC this weekend and if he's still on the big club, I'm going to try and convince the GF that going to see the Panthers play the Devils at Prudential Center on Saturday is a more than adequate date!
                        Dinosaur BBQ is right by the arena...

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                          Not a twitter user, huh?

Maybe here
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Done.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I've seen way too many former porters and garbage crew workers in those places to feel comfortable and safe eating my food in there, but will gladly take "take out" from there. It's amazing what cooking in a hot-pot for a few years behind New York State's prisons walls can do for ya. Great "feel good" story of what can happen, but wondering who you will see making your food keeps me away from that place.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                                I think Gilbert will do great next year.
                                +1
                                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Working...
                                X