2013 NCAA Semifinal: Boston University vs. Mercyhurst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NCAA Semifinal: Boston University vs. Mercyhurst

Sounds like this game will be the earlier of the two semi's. Should be a good one! Golden opportunity for both teams to make it back to the National Title game. BU still looks like they are having issues with taking penalties but so far the PK has held up. I think Mercyhurst's wins this yr (vs. Clarkson, BC, and now Cornell) show that they can play with anyone. Good luck to both teams.

*reposted for the sake of having consistency with the other threads.

Re: 2013 NCAA Semifinal: Boston University vs. Mercyhurst

Crowd sure thinned out after the first game.

Thirstyhurst needs to muster some coordinated offence...pretty anemic so far...Bestland is trying to do it on her own.

Comment

Thanks for reviving this, I was just going to post in the tourney thread haha.

Both teams have had a lot of great opportunities but Sperry is playing well for BU. Dingeldein is one aggressive player......

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        Crowd sure thinned out after the first game.

Thirstyhurst needs to muster some coordinated offence...pretty anemic so far...Bestland is trying to do it on her own.
        Janiga missed 2 glorious chances in the first.

Is it just me or are both of the commentators taking negative jabs at Mercyhurst?
        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Gorgeous goal by BU...tremendous effort/playmaking by Kohanchuk.

Comment

Nice touch for the video to stop just long enough to miss Mercyhurst's only goal.

And what are these commentators talking about..."Sperry has a .88 save percentage and next to Raty that's quite good" or something to that effect!!!! An .88 save percentage is extremely mediocre, average, run of the mill...much less and you are a bottom feeder...if your save percentage number doesn't at least start with a "9" then you're not even approaching the elite goaltender neighbourhood. As a matter of fact, I'd say you have to have .92%+ to be considered elite.

I've seen BU play six games this year and prior to this game I've been very underwhelmed. Tonight they looked like a hockey team...a hungry hockey team. Rather disappointing that Mercyhurst didn't have more to offer.

But I think far more disappointing is how the crowd disappeared after the first game. Lots of people here are upset that the UM vs BC game wasn't televised. If it was you would have to think that the second one would have been as well. How good would that have looked? A National Championship semi-final game and everybody made out like Elvis after the first game. Terrible, terrible impression.

Maybe you might first want to hold it at a venue that is likely to stay full for both games...I found this to be horribly pathetic and extremely embarassing for the organizers.

Very, very, poor.

Comment

But I think far more disappointing is how the crowd disappeared after the first game. Lots of people here are upset that the UM vs BC game wasn't televised. If it was you would have to think that the second one would have been as well. How good would that have looked? A National Championship semi-final game and everybody made out like Elvis after the first game. Terrible, terrible impression.
              With the Gopher men's hockey and both basketball teams also in action this evening, this is absolutely no surprise to me.
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                With the Gopher men's hockey and both basketball teams also in action this evening, this is absolutely no surprise to me.
                I was sort of aware of this which is why I said "Maybe you might first want to hold it at a venue that is likely to stay full for both games".

This is not the first time I've heard UM fans explain that the reason for poor attendance at one of their games was too many other distractions in MSP. That was my point...it seems to often be a problem...too often...if it's not the men's team it's a major kid's tournament, if it's not that then it's basketball and if it's not that then...it's the Wild, Vikings, Twins, tubing on the Apple River or picking blueberries in January.

Not your fault, but my point was that maybe Ridder isn't a great place to hold these events unless these other distractions are first considered with respect to how much else is going on that is likely to conflict.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the building emptying out in 2010 after the first semi-final game.

Comment

It's the event period, unfortunately.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the building emptying out in 2010 after the first semi-final game.
                    That's because the Gophers (and Bulldogs) played in the late game.
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                      That's because the Gophers (and Bulldogs) played in the late game.
                      I was trying to recall but thought it was the first game...so that answers that question. I was right about the building not being vacated but for the wrong reason. So the problem still exists.

Comment

I was sort of aware of this which is why I said "Maybe you might first want to hold it at a venue that is likely to stay full for both games".
                        You're expecting that someone can predict two years ahead of time that the NCAA/WCHA/WNIT would schedule all of our teams playing at the same time?

Comment

To be honest, I thought this was a dreadful game. BU was good but not great and Mercyhurst had next to nothing. Stephanie Ciampa was horrible tonight, starting from the very beginning of the game.

After the first game I was incredibly tense and wound up. The second game didn't so much calm me down as it did beat me senseless.

Comment

Gorgeous goal by BU...tremendous effort/playmaking by Kohanchuk.
                            Didn't see the goal when it happened but just saw it in the highlights video. Wowsers - very nice. Def highlight reel. Maybe even makes sportscenter? hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              You're expecting that someone can predict two years ahead of time that the NCAA/WCHA/WNIT would schedule all of our teams playing at the same time?

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X