Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEA prime time semi-final. bu & bc -wonder if anything is up for grabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEA prime time semi-final. bu & bc -wonder if anything is up for grabs?

so.... will jack be coaching his last game? or will he be around for another?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: HEA prime time semi-final. bu & bc -wonder if anything is up for grabs?

It's too bad he won't be squaring off with Jerry one last time.
    Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      so.... will jack be coaching his last game? or will he be around for another?
      And that, my friend, is why I am going. History could be made (although I hope not, since I would like to see BU's season continue)...I would imagine the place should be packed.

Comment

I think this game will speak a lot as to whether BC will be able to turn themselves on per recent tradition.

---

As usual I will be cheering for the graboids
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
          It's too bad he won't be squaring off with Jerry one last time.
          You're the second person who seems to feel that way. Apparently this is more serious that they're letting on to the public. I'm not going to elaborate but I was in that field for 15 years and although NO surgery can ever be considered "routine," typically the results are successful. Of course, we don't know exactly what is being done. The fact that he is going in the for second time doesn't sound good...

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I think this game will speak a lot as to whether BC will be able to turn themselves on per recent tradition.

---

As usual I will be cheering for the graboids
            Some traditions are just wrong. Like BC winning. And UNH losing.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I think bc is as "on" as they are gonna be, certainly beatable.

No york, more on the line for bu, parker retiring...bc shouldn't even show up. Just rest up for the big dance.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                You're the second person who seems to feel that way. Apparently this is more serious that they're letting on to the public. I'm not going to elaborate but I was in that field for 15 years and although NO surgery can ever be considered "routine," typically the results are successful. Of course, we don't know exactly what is being done. The fact that he is going in the for second time doesn't sound good...
                Wasn't he out for a few weeks the last time? I recall reading that he had to spend 18 hours a day in a prone position, facing down. And I have no familiarity with the problem, but I'd suspect that, if it recurred in the same eye, extra precautions would be taken with this surgery.
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

Comment

When this happened earlier in the season I believe york missed two weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    When this happened earlier in the season I believe york missed two weekends.
                    That's my recollection as well. Anyway, under that scenario he's not back until the FF, if BC makes it past the Regionals.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

...bc shouldn't even show up...
                      c'mon!! bc is an early 4.5 goal favorite on the strip.
                      and that is WITHOUT jerry coaching. if he comes back it'll probably creep up to 5.5 or 6!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        That's my recollection as well. Anyway, under that scenario he's not back until the FF, if BC makes it past the Regionals.
                        Well, at this point it not's really important what he makes it "back" for - it's only a game - the only thing that matters is preserving his vision. Makes us all pause and think about how fortunate we are...

Comment

I think bc is as "on" as they are gonna be, certainly beatable.

No york, more on the line for bu, parker retiring...bc shouldn't even show up. Just rest up for the big dance.
                          What happened to Jerry
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            What happened to Jerry
                            He lost his eye again. Or the other one.
                            Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              c'mon!! bc is an early 4.5 goal favorite on the strip.
                              and that is WITHOUT jerry coaching. if he comes back it'll probably creep up to 5.5 or 6!
                              JD is either sandbagging or preparing the excuses in advance. BC will be just fine, but if I must choose a Boston-based contender to get my "empathy" vote, it's BU.

(And by the way, why is this thread just about BU-BC? As compelling a match-up that is, what about UML-PC (perhaps a battle of the emerging New Order in Hockey East -- PC has some very good freshmen -- juxtaposed against the Boston Old Guard)or UML-UNH? Either of those 2 possibilities should make for some good hockey. Friday night is shaping up to be one of the best HE semis in years, if not the best, with the various back stories.)
                              ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X