Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder why hockey east attendance is down at 15$ a whack ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder why hockey east attendance is down at 15$ a whack ?????

Think hockey east is making a large mistake doubling the gate price for the playoffs.

Re: Wonder why hockey east attendance is down at 15$ a whack ?????

are you implying there is a thought involved? i hear bc is $10. bu is $26.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yup, BC is $10 with the season ticket package. Don't know the price at the door.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Over 5,000 people at Lowell last night had no problem with what was actually an $18 ticket cost at Tsongas (usually $15 for regular season games) and there was a $5 off coupon and online special so the cost was actually $13 which I'm sure many took advantage of. Perhaps your athletic marketing folks should come up with some options. Plus student services bought all the student tickets so students were still free with their ID like a regular season game. Lowell had no problem with attendance except for scheduling a game on Thursday night which had below-season average attendance but ticket cost wasn't an issue at all.
        Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Less than $20?!?!?!?!?!

JFC.......you guys are lucky. I'm just saying.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Yup, BC is $10 with the season ticket package. Don't know the price at the door.
            Providence had under 2400 (up from the enforced fire laws capacity 2nd semester of 2089). They had no promos like you mention with BC giving the season ticket holders a good deal. During the season Providence has many season ticket holders have the family pack which is a great deal for 4 seats. If you get 4 tickets for the playoffs at $15 a pop for just 2 games its $120 plus they charged a $10 processing fee, you have almost doubled what the package cost. Not sure the $10 processing fee did not turn some off after all it raised the cost if its a 2 games series to $20 a game. Also note they did nothing but take the order, you had to pick the tickets up. I noticed a lot of season ticket holders were not there last night.

The mention of the promo Lowell had is big too. Again Providence knew they were up against big competition. 8600 went to the PBruins who have a $5 off Friday night promo and they were competing with the state's top playoff series. To compete you do need to promote. They seemed content to have probably the best student crowd of the year make it look 3/4 full.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Less than $20?!?!?!?!?!

JFC.......you guys are lucky. I'm just saying.
              At $15 dollars a ticket, the Gophers could fill the Metrodome. I love when Gophers Sports has tickets for $18 either in noose bleed section or standing room only. Here's the price for on the glass tickets at the Xcel next friday for the impending Sioux vs. Gophers game. http://www.stubhub.com/wcha-final-fi...t_id=479402045
              Used RCA television $60
              Monthly Cable bill $40
              Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
              P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                At $15 dollars a ticket, the Gophers could fill the Metrodome. I love when Gophers Sports has tickets for $18 either in noose bleed section or standing room only. Here's the price for on the glass tickets at the Xcel next friday for the impending Sioux vs. Gophers game. http://www.stubhub.com/wcha-final-fi...t_id=479402045
                They won't get that price.

However, a MN-UND F5 game will command close to triple digits for a ticket. If UAA miracles their arse to a series win (WHICH THEY WON'T I'M JUST SAYING), and UND-MN the title game? THEN you might see the $200+ price be reached.

Edit: for you eastern fans, a Final 5 ticket, face value for the whole tourney, is $165 for 5 games.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You're complaining about a ticket being $15? That seems just about right IMO. And if hockey east sets the prices, why are they all different?

Comment

But at least we don't have to walk around knowing that we're Rodent fans and the rest of the college hockey universe wants us dead.

In all seriousness, with the attendance of the Hockey East QF's always far lower than the regular season, why make the games less desirable?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

You could make these games $5 and they still wouldn't draw well

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        But at least we don't have to walk around knowing that we're Rodent fans and the rest of the college hockey universe wants us dead.

In all seriousness, with the attendance of the Hockey East QF's always far lower than the regular season, why make the games less desirable?
                        1. It's actually a wondrous feeling.
                        2. IT'S A CHEAP ARSE TICKET! WTeFF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! $15?!?!?!?!?! That's even cheaper than a MN @ MTU ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          a MN @ MTU ticket!
                          But that's mostly to pay for the court costs over the latest SCSU player MEg is stalking, right?

It is fun to get into games at Bentley, Brown, and PC fairly inexpensively. At least compared to what they charge at BU. The "we refuse to watch/care about non-professional sports" attitude in parts of the NE is sickening...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                            Yeah, I really don't know what the original issue was. $15 is the regular rate at Lowell and at UNH a regular season ticket is $24 ($26 if they're playing BC, BU, or Maine). BU's quarterfinal price is $26 I believe which is consistent with their regular season price. Unless the issue is the ticket cost at the Garden for semis/final which you would expect the ticket cost to be higher anyway. But even then there are deals if you don't want to pay $30, $37 in the loge or $39 for club seats and the first row of the loge. You can get balcony seats for $17 or $25, student tickets are $10, and if you find 14 friends, groups of 15 or more are also eligible for a $5 discount on the $17 balcony seats ($12 a ticket!). And it's even more of a deal Friday night as you see two games for 1 price (the only problem is you can't leave the Garden between games and you're trapped in there).

Again, there were 5,399 at Lowell last night for quarter final with students on break, only "best available" tickets were being sold in lobby, and cost not an issue at all.
                            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2013, 09:43 AM.
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Are these schools on Spring Break? I think that might have a big factor.
                              Used RCA television $60
                              Monthly Cable bill $40
                              Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                              P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Working...
                              X