X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Nations Female Hockey League Announces New Alliance

http://tier1elitehockeyleague.points...ews/news_68905

Re: Two Nations Female Hockey League Announces New Alliance

New league with a similar concept as the JWHL ?.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      New league with a similar concept as the JWHL ?.
      Not really a new league, but the Tier 1 Elite League u19 division is partnering with Two Nations as a few Canadian teams, including Shaftesbury Prep School are interested in showcasing their girls. This season we did a trial run with showcases in Exeter, NH and Blaine, MN that were very well attended by scouts and the competition level was high.

Yes, similar concept as JWHL is a great league. The idea is really to help deserving girls get exposure. So, having a league with 4 showcase weekends still allows the flexibility to participate in top tourneys such as NAHA, Stoney Creek, USA-Canada Cup, etc.

Comment

Two Nations League will be in Exeter, NH this coming weekend, with games starting Friday morning.

Comment

Pretty big step to get exposure to eastern schools. I see an increasing amount of talent coming out of Manitoba thanks to many efforts like this! The Pembina Valley Team (that had played some games in league) last year I think sent 6 to D1 and had 2 on U18 Team for Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            Two Nations League will be in Exeter, NH this coming weekend, with games starting Friday morning.

Anyone care to post the schedule for this weekend in Exeter?
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I am sure there will be some interest from nearby colleges. IMO looking at theTeam Detroit (formerly Belle Tire) schedule, the showcase does not appear particularly strong. Playing Chicago Fury, Ohio Flames, Thunder Bay Midget/17U, Shaftsbury Midget/Prep, and Milwaukee Admirals. Certainly not the top talent from across North America at the 19U/Junior/Intermediate level. Team Detroit is much improved from the last couple years and should do very well this weekend against this caliber of teams. I would be curious to see other schedules to see if other teams from Western Canada are participating.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...key&p=schedule

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                I am sure there will be some interest from nearby colleges. IMO looking at theTeam Detroit (formerly Belle Tire) schedule, the showcase does not appear particularly strong. Playing Chicago Fury, Ohio Flames, Thunder Bay Midget/17U, Shaftsbury Midget/Prep, and Milwaukee Admirals. Certainly not the top talent from across North America at the 19U/Junior/Intermediate level. Team Detroit is much improved from the last couple years and should do very well this weekend against this caliber of teams. I would be curious to see other schedules to see if other teams from Western Canada are participating.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...key&p=schedule
                Must be a Team Detroit parent.

Comment

2 Nations is just trying to get exposure for kids who don't play at NAHA (except for Penns elite I think) and the Canadian/American showcases. I suppose the NAHA tourney's timing and location make it too difficult to shadow. Last year and this year, 2 Nations shadowed and is shadowing the Canadian/American tournaments in Detroit and Kitchner (Toronto) and gets some scouts to come over.

It's an expensive trip, so I assume they have some scouts committed to attend. I would think D3 scouts in particular would welcome these local showcases. While the teams may not be as strong, they have some players who will play D1 and certainly more who will play D3.

(Edit: Actually, now that I look at the website, this year's "teams" at upcoming Detroit and Toronto showcases are pretty strong.)
                  Last edited by 96IllinoisDad; 09-25-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission View Post
                    Must be a Team Detroit parent.
                    Team Detroit did pretty well at Stoney compared to previous years. A few years ago they had a decent squad with Twin D players being the pillars on that team. I guess from the perspective of a Mission poster this can be overlooked. (This years U19 Mission squad is very impressive, as per comments I've heard from a few folks that have seen them play).

Comment

Team Detroit did pretty well at Stoney compared to previous years. A few years ago they had a decent squad with Twin D players being the pillars on that team. I guess from the perspective of a Mission poster this can be overlooked. (This years U19 Mission squad is very impressive, as per comments I've heard from a few folks that have seen them play).
                      Not so sure "Mission" is a Chicago Mission parent....

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
                        2 Nations is just trying to get exposure for kids who don't play at NAHA (except for Penns elite I think) and the Canadian/American showcases. I suppose the NAHA tourney's timing and location make it too difficult to shadow. Last year and this year, 2 Nations shadowed and is shadowing the Canadian/American tournaments in Detroit and Kitchner (Toronto) and gets some scouts to come over.

It's an expensive trip, so I assume they have some scouts committed to attend. I would think D3 scouts in particular would welcome these local showcases. While the teams may not be as strong, they have some players who will play D1 and certainly more who will play D3.
                        From what I understand they are also going out today instead of tomorrow. So, they miss 2 days of school, but I'm sure being that they goto Shaftesbury, the school works with them. They will visit 3-4 schools today/tomorrow. Plus, this is the same team that won the Stoney Creek Midget AA in fairly easy fashion. Thunder Bay, which is always a strong Midget AA team (they have no Jr./u19 alternative in their area) will be playing as well (they lost to Shaftesbury in the semis). Since St. Louis Lady Blues folded the Chicago Fury were the beneficiary of picking up some of the better players like Jessica Dunne and others. Team Detroit and Pittsburgh are solid. Madison Caps always have some good players and Dallas has a few that are making it to D1 every year as well. Yes, the rest of the girls are D3 but "most" teams in the US, not withstanding your power-houses, have a lot of D3 players on them.

It's great for the girls from Tier 1/Two Nations to work together to provide this type of exposure for their girls. To be able to play 5 games in one weekend near Boston makes it all worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by pakidnyc View Post
                          From what I understand they are also going out today instead of tomorrow. So, they miss 2 days of school, but I'm sure being that they goto Shaftesbury, the school works with them. They will visit 3-4 schools today/tomorrow. Plus, this is the same team that won the Stoney Creek Midget AA in fairly easy fashion. Thunder Bay, which is always a strong Midget AA team (they have no Jr./u19 alternative in their area) will be playing as well (they lost to Shaftesbury in the semis). Since St. Louis Lady Blues folded the Chicago Fury were the beneficiary of picking up some of the better players like Jessica Dunne and others. Team Detroit and Pittsburgh are solid. Madison Caps always have some good players and Dallas has a few that are making it to D1 every year as well. Yes, the rest of the girls are D3 but "most" teams in the US, not withstanding your power-houses, have a lot of D3 players on them.

It's great for the girls from Tier 1/Two Nations to work together to provide this type of exposure for their girls. To be able to play 5 games in one weekend near Boston makes it all worth it!
                          Dunno about the tourney itself, but one real advantage for teams from out west to play in that area is close proximity to a whole bunch of schools. Worth your while to visit campuses while a school is in session to get a feel for the place. Something you won't get during a summer visit. Of course in practicality hard to visit a bunch of schools while playing 5 games in a tournament, but if realize that you have "unlimited" access to coaches while on campus, without having to worry about recruiting restrictions.

Comment

Dunno about the tourney itself, but one real advantage for teams from out west to play in that area is close proximity to a whole bunch of schools. Worth your while to visit campuses while a school is in session to get a feel for the place. Something you won't get during a summer visit. Of course in practicality hard to visit a bunch of schools while playing 5 games in a tournament, but if realize that you have "unlimited" access to coaches while on campus, without having to worry about recruiting restrictions.
                            Schedule is set-up with the afternoons free, so plenty of time to make visits.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                              Anyone care to post the schedule for this weekend in Exeter?
                              http://t1elite.stats.pointstreak.com...seasonid=11251

Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (19U) Chicago Fury (19U) Fri, Sep 27 9:00 am Exeter
                              Dallas Stars (19U) Madison Capitols (19U) Fri, Sep 27 10:30 am Exeter
                              Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (19U) Team Detroit BT (19U) Fri, Sep 27 10:45 am Exeter
                              Shaftsbury Titans (19U) Thunder Bay Queens (19U) Fri, Sep 27 12:15 pm Exeter
                              Ohio Flames (19U) Minnesota Blades (19U) Fri, Sep 27 12:30 pm Exeter
                              Shaftsbury Titans (19U) Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (19U) Fri, Sep 27 5:30 pm Exeter
                              Minnesota Blades (19U) Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (19U) Fri, Sep 27 6:10 pm Exeter
                              Chicago Fury (19U) Team Detroit BT (19U) Fri, Sep 27 7:15 pm Exeter
                              Thunder Bay Queens (19U) Dallas Stars (19U) Fri, Sep 27 7:55 pm Exeter
                              Madison Capitols (19U) Ohio Flames (19U) Fri, Sep 27 9:00 pm Exeter
                              Shaftsbury Titans (19U) Team Detroit BT (19U) Sat, Sep 28 8:15 am Exeter
                              Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (19U) Madison Capitols (19U) Sat, Sep 28 9:45 am Exeter
                              Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (19U) Thunder Bay Queens (19U) Sat, Sep 28 10:00 am Exeter
                              Dallas Stars (19U) Minnesota Blades (19U) Sat, Sep 28 11:30 am Exeter
                              Ohio Flames (19U) Chicago Fury (19U) Sat, Sep 28 11:45 am Exeter
                              Madison Capitols (19U) Shaftsbury Titans (19U) Sat, Sep 28 4:15 pm Exeter
                              Minnesota Blades (19U) Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (19U) Sat, Sep 28 4:55 pm Exeter
                              Team Detroit BT (19U) Ohio Flames (19U) Sat, Sep 28 6:00 pm Exeter
                              Thunder Bay Queens (19U) Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (19U) Sat, Sep 28 6:40 pm Exeter
                              Chicago Fury (19U) Dallas Stars (19U) Sat, Sep 28 7:45 pm Exeter
                              Thunder Bay Queens (19U) Team Detroit BT (19U) Sun, Sep 29 8:00 am Exeter
                              Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (19U) Chicago Fury (19U) Sun, Sep 29 8:15 am Exeter
                              Shaftsbury Titans (19U) Minnesota Blades (19U) Sun, Sep 29 9:45 am Exeter
                              Ohio Flames (19U) Dallas Stars (19U) Sun, Sep 29 10:00 am Exeter
                              Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (19U) Madison Capitols (19U) Sun, Sep 29 11:30 am Exeter

Comment

Working...
                              X