This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Old thread locked, new thread started. Please continue.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Old thread locked, new thread started. Please continue.
    Nice third period by the Hawks. Now, lets hope they don't play like they did in the first period again tomorrow night. That was painful....

Comment

Thread three! Gotta break this one in
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
        Nice third period by the Hawks. Now, lets hope they don't play like they did in the first period again tomorrow night. That was painful....
        Seems to be a pattern for some reason. First period is sort of a warm up, get the game flow established, etc. and then they take off from there. For some reason I'm never happy with their first periods as they're somewhat slow, tedious, methodical, or whatever. Would love to get a few quick goals tomorrow night to start the game off right away.
        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Even in the first period we out shot Maine, we didn't play poorly we just gave up a good goal by Maine. Riverhawks are going to take tomorrows game, as long as they continue playing with the same burst they played with tonight.

Comment

Still out shot in the first happy about that!
            Glad to see the d getting involved on the sheet!

And I believe heart and speed came up big in the third....
            BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

UMMMM can one of the alums tell me what the hell happened with the maine fans in 107 .... the forums of the series had some BEEF lol I must say there are some claims that we are bad fans.... NO we are NOT the other UMASS .... **** amherst... even when you're not in the playoffs, you give UML a bad name lol

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                UMMMM can one of the alums tell me what the hell happened with the maine fans in 107 .... the forums of the series had some BEEF lol I must say there are some claims that we are bad fans.... NO we are NOT the other UMASS .... **** amherst... even when you're not in the playoffs, you give UML a bad name lol
                It was fun, you should stop by for a period tonight unless the Maine fans smartened up and head over to the section they should be in with the away fans. Actually most people with the exception of those mid-section probably had no idea what was going on at the end of the game. Sore loser Maine fans but you can't blame them after the dismal season they've had. We've been there but never seen any of us actually physically threaten an opposing team's fan, just dish out some good-natured ribbing back and forth or maybe, move if you're in hostile territory (ie: Amherst several years ago when a bunch of us found ourselves in their student section so we just moved to another area).

My guess is we'll alert the usher at the top of 107 tonight about the incident and keep an eye on the guy if he finds his way back over to 107 tonight.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  It was fun, you should stop by for a period tonight unless the Maine fans smartened up and head over to the section they should be in with the away fans. Actually most people with the exception of those mid-section probably had no idea what was going on at the end of the game. Sore loser Maine fans but you can't blame them after the dismal season they've had. We've been there but never seen any of us actually physically threaten an opposing team's fan, just dish out some good-natured ribbing back and forth or maybe, move if you're in hostile territory (ie: Amherst several years ago when a bunch of us found ourselves in their student section so we just moved to another area).

My guess is we'll alert the usher at the top of 107 tonight about the incident and keep an eye on the guy if he finds his way back over to 107 tonight.
                  They should do another pucks and paws night tonight to make sure we can herd the cattle over to the other side of the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    They should do another pucks and paws night tonight to make sure we can herd the cattle over to the other side of the arena.
                    Stop trying to ruin my side of the rink We had mostly reasonable fun people

Comment

All it really boiled down to was that opposing fans got stuck in the middle of 107 and didn't like that the home fans were cheering for UML while up 3 goals. It really wasn't much of anything. One fan just decided to take his frustrations out by threatening me and trying to get in my face. Another Lowell fan (who wasn't a huge fan of mine for calling out individual players regardless of the team- Joey Diamond) actually stepped in and talked the angry guy down. We all kept cheering and finished the game on a high note.

Comment

When this team turns it on, like they did in the third, it's an absolute blast to watch.

23rd win of the season ... just so much fun.

And I'm not going to get into the Maine fan crap here. Sore losers are sore losers.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Game recaps, if anyone's interested:

Lowell Sun

USCHO

College Hockey News

Bangor Daily News

Boston Globe

Boston Herald

And of course, TIIL.
                          Last edited by UMLFan; 03-15-2013, 09:40 AM.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            When this team turns it on, like they did in the third, it's an absolute blast to watch.

23rd win of the season ... just so much fun.

And I'm not going to get into the Maine fan crap here. Sore losers are sore losers.
                            Has anyone else realized how many tip in or finishing goals holmstrom has had in the last few it's kind of scary how good he is in the dirty area!

Comment

Has anyone else realized how many tip in or finishing goals holmstrom has had in the last few it's kind of scary how good he is in the dirty area!
                              this is spot on! I was thinking the same thing last night. he is just hard nosed and filthy
                              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Working...
                              X