This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

This ride has been tremendous and although I'm ULowell through and through I didn't follow the program for a long time after I got out of School. I picked things up again about 8 years ago and wished I followed the team more in those "missing" years.

What is done is done and I've been very fortunate to meet a lot of great people over the last 5 years at the Tsongas & Beer Works (you know who you are) who are passionate about Lowell hockey; and more importantly the University.

A question for the Lowell fans here: How many texts/calls/facebook posts have you received over the last 3 weeks? It has been crazy for me!
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I will wager its no more than 20 students anyhow. I would be devestated if I had to miss out because of an exam or whatnot.

These are also going to be people involved long after its over and return benefit to the school.
      I've heard there are only 45 tickets left so that was great to hear!
      My work hates me already so I'm going to miss the first game. You can bet ill be up there for Saturday though!
      BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        because I love this website (waiting them to provide large frames to get the national beer map)

http://popchartlab.com/products/the-...e-sports-teams
        Shocked to see two other schools with a River Hawk mascot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          This ride has been tremendous and although I'm ULowell through and through I didn't follow the program for a long time after I got out of School. I picked things up again about 8 years ago and wished I followed the team more in those "missing" years.

What is done is done and I've been very fortunate to meet a lot of great people over the last 5 years at the Tsongas & Beer Works (you know who you are) who are passionate about Lowell hockey; and more importantly the University.

A question for the Lowell fans here: How many texts/calls/facebook posts have you received over the last 3 weeks? It has been crazy for me!
          Tons! I finally told Mr les that if he knew someone I did that they said congratulations because I couldn't remember them all to tell him. Amazing. Even more amazing is the amount of closet UL fans that have been congratulating us in person!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
            Will be a lot more than 250 for Thursday night, I'm sure. I wonder how easy it will be to follow the game on the big screen.
            Would appreciate if someone who went to the Tsongas for regionals could answer this. I couldn't do Manchester Friday night (was right in front of the band for Saturday though!) and would have liked to hit the Tsongas but was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow the action. Went to the Sportszone instead and had a great time. Lot's of fans there and even though there were basketball games on, every TV in the place was on Lowell Wisconsin. They had the half price apps going too.

Speaking of which, Murphy's was the bomb! $2.00 Sam Summers, free sodas for my kids and half price apps!?! Awesome! We sat outside in the brilliant warm sun lovin life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
              Would appreciate if someone who went to the Tsongas for regionals could answer this. I couldn't do Manchester Friday night (was right in front of the band for Saturday though!) and would have liked to hit the Tsongas but was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow the action. Went to the Sportszone instead and had a great time. Lot's of fans there and even though there were basketball games on, every TV in the place was on Lowell Wisconsin. They had the half price apps going too.

Speaking of which, Murphy's was the bomb! $2.00 Sam Summers, free sodas for my kids and half price apps!?! Awesome! We sat outside in the brilliant warm sun lovin life.
              For the record, I was the one who came up during the 2nd intermission and told you guys to stop saying "sucks" in response to "UNH" and instead drown them out.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                Shocked to see two other schools with a River Hawk mascot.
                I was thinking the same.

And in regards to what Lowell is doing for students (and alumni) ... night and day. Let's be honest here. This is so far unexpected (both on and off the ice).
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For the record, I was the one who came up during the 2nd intermission and told you guys to stop saying "sucks" in response to "UNH" and instead drown them out.
                  A chant of "second-place" would have gone right along with UNH....
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    I was thinking the same.

And in regards to what Lowell is doing for students (and alumni) ... night and day. Let's be honest here. This is so far unexpected (both on and off the ice).
                    I would disagree. Last yr they did the same thing for regionals. This yr they knew what to add on to how they handled last yr. I can't begin to say how totally impressed I am with the way they are handling things and anticipating what resources/info we need, making things available.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                      Would appreciate if someone who went to the Tsongas for regionals could answer this. I couldn't do Manchester Friday night (was right in front of the band for Saturday though!) and would have liked to hit the Tsongas but was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow the action.
                      We went to the post game party at the Tsongas on Saturday night. They had the BC/Union game up on the big screen as well as all of the small screens in the pavillion. So, if the big screen bothers you, you could still sit near one of the TVs in the club and hang out with friends. The bar was open and they had some food available as well.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I would disagree. Last yr they did the same thing for regionals. This yr they knew what to add on to how they handled last yr. I can't begin to say how totally impressed I am with the way they are handling things and anticipating what resources/info we need, making things available.
                        I'm talking about what's going on in general ... which applies to everything that's happened the last two years.
                        Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I'm talking about what's going on in general ... which applies to everything that's happened the last two years.
                          Yeah, had we broke through in 01-02 it wouldn't be like this

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

When BU was at the Alfond late in the season, the fans they brought along were using the "suck" thing and were quickly drowned out by Maine fans chanting, "Beanpot Losers."
                            It works!

Comment

Agree- we need some creativity. We have enough of a fanbase now that we should start seeing something besides suck, UML and Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Agree- we need some creativity. We have enough of a fanbase now that we should start seeing something besides suck, UML and Let's go Lowell.
                                And the tomahawk chop needs to die, quickly

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X