X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I thought you could see the pieces of a very solid team out in Colorado... its a beautiful thing that its come together like this.
    Originally posted by Anthony Patronick
    you didnt see anything. you ran up the white flag just like everyone else. get a clue
    Hey Tony,

If you have a problem with what I say and what I think then you say it out in the open. Say it all or keep your peace. I wish you would grow up but I don't expect that from you.

--Pat
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Having been to a bunch of Frozen Fours in the last 20 years, including 4 in 6 years to see my own team play, I'm stoked for you guys (and a little jealous). Make Hockey East Proud and bring it home!

Comment

Soooo.... I know we have a week and a half till Pitt... So lets talk about recruiting... anything new from that front?
        BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
          Soooo.... I know we have a week and a half till Pitt... So lets talk about recruiting... anything new from that front?
          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...for-the-future
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Starting to see some info for UML student ticket packages. Since not everyone is on Facebook, here's the info for any UML students on here. Really good deal, 2 buses going at least -

STUDENTS (FROZEN FOUR): The Division of Student Affairs is sponsoring a student bus trip to the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh!

Sign up with payment at McGauvran 220 (South Campus SIC). First-come, first-served. Please do so by Thursday April 4 at 8:00PM.

What You Get:
            1 All-Session Ticket to the Frozen Four (good for Thu and Sat)
            1 Seat on the Bus
            Up to 2 Nights at the Residence Inn (four students per room)

What You Pay:
            Only $150

Two coach buses will depart from campus at midnight, 12:00AM on Thursday morning headed for Pittsburgh. Students will check in at the Residence Inn (3 miles from the arena) before heading to the UMass Lowell vs. Yale game. After the game, the bus will take you back to the hotel. If the River Hawks do not progress, the bus would return home Friday morning. If the River Hawks move on to the Championship game, you will have hotel accommodations and a seat on the bus set to return after Saturday’s finale.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Entirely too many images from Saturday night's Regional Championship game

Comment

Email from the Alumni office has identified Six Penn Kitchen as the official fan headquarters. "There will be pre and post-game receptions held there for each game the River Hawks play." http://www.sixpennkitchen.com

Comment

Great job as always Gibber!

Love the picture of Coach with his son.
                  Last edited by UMLFan; 04-02-2013, 06:40 PM.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The New England Hockey Writers award winners were named today.

BOB MONAHAN AWARD – BEST DEFENSEMAN
                    Chad Ruhwedel, Jr., D, San Diego, Calif. (UMass Lowell)
                    And the All-Star team had two Lowell players.
                    GOALTENDERS
                    Eric Hartzell, Sr., G, White Bear Lake, Minn. (Quinnipiac)
                    Jon Gillies, Fr., G, South Portland, Maine (Providence)

DEFENSEMEN
                    Trevor van Riemsdyk, So., D, Middletown, N.J. (New Hampshire)
                    Chad Ruhwedel, Jr., D, San Diego, Calif. (UMass Lowell)
                    Mike Matheson, Fr., D, Pointe-Claire, Quebec (Boston College)
                    Jordan Heywood, Jr., D, Regina, Saskatchewan (Merrimack)

FORWARDS
                    Johnny Gaudreau, So., F, Carney’s Point, N.J. (Boston College)
                    Steven Whitney, Sr., F, Reading, Mass. (Boston College)
                    Mike Collins, Jr., F, Boston, Mass. (Merrimack)
                    Kenny Agostino, Jr., F, Flanders, N.J. (Yale)
                    Brett Gensler, Jr., F, St. Charles, Mo. (Bentley)
                    Joe Pendenza, Jr., F, Wilmington, Mass. (UMass Lowell)
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Starting to see some info for UML student ticket packages. Since not everyone is on Facebook, here's the info for any UML students on here. Really good deal, 2 buses going at least -
                      I asked Scott during the post game saturday back at the tsongas and was informed of the price tag but I elected not to post info as the student tickets were first offered to the rowdy-est of all the students before offering to everyone.

If I recall its somewhere around 100 tickets for the student allottment.
                      Last edited by aznman08; 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aznman08 View Post
                        I asked Scott during the post game saturday back at the tsongas and knew the price tag but I elected not to post info as the student tickets were first offered to the rowdy-est of all the students before offering to everyone.

That's great! I know some of the students I spoke with were concerned about the cost of the Manchester tix so the university comes through again to help get them Frozen Four. And what a deal it is. Good to know that there will be at least 100 students there.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

STUDENTS (FROZEN FOUR): The Division of Student Affairs is sponsoring a student bus trip to the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh!

Sign up with payment at McGauvran 220 (South Campus SIC). First-come, first-served. Please do so by Thursday April 4 at 8:00PM.

What You Get:
                          1 All-Session Ticket to the Frozen Four (good for Thu and Sat)
                          1 Seat on the Bus
                          Up to 2 Nights at the Residence Inn (four students per room)

What You Pay:
                          Only $150

Two coach buses will depart from campus at midnight, 12:00AM on Thursday morning headed for Pittsburgh. Students will check in at the Residence Inn (3 miles from the arena) before heading to the UMass Lowell vs. Yale game. After the game, the bus will take you back to the hotel. If the River Hawks do not progress, the bus would return home Friday morning. If the River Hawks move on to the Championship game, you will have hotel accommodations and a seat on the bus set to return after Saturday’s finale.
                          Very impressive that UML is doing this for their students. Smart move and will help the atmosphere at the arena.
                          EDIT: A follow up post stated they hand picked the students to be offered the deal. They should have been offered on a first come basis.
                          Last edited by scoreboard; 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aznman08 View Post
                            I asked Scott during the post game saturday back at the tsongas and was informed of the price tag but I elected not to post info as the student tickets were first offered to the rowdy-est of all the students before offering to everyone.

Here's hoping they are all used up.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              Very impressive that UML is doing this for their students. Smart move and will help the atmosphere at the arena.
                              They're really on the ball at Lowell, whether it's deals like this for the students (also did free tix and buses for the HE championships and $10 tix and buses to the regional last weekend) or for alumni/fans with coordinated pre-game events like in Boston and Manchester, they do it up right. And for those who couldn't make it to Manchester last weekend, they opened the Tsongas Center where you could view the game for free on the giant center ice screen (heard they had around 250 both nights last weekend) and would imagine they'll do the same thing for the Frozen Four to accomodate local fans who can't get to Pittsburgh. At the Manchester pre-game both days last weekend, they even had the campus bookstore set up at the bar/restaurant selling hats, shirts, and other logowear items as well as facepainting and sign making supplies for fans to use. They're firing on all cylinders to get fans involved.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                EDIT: A follow up post stated they hand picked the students to be offered the deal. They should have been offered on a first come basis.
                                I don't have a problem with this... Yes, it's favoritism but you are also buying goodwill from those who care rather than the few looking to score a cheap trip to Pittsburgh... Also, it allows you not to royally screw up the school work schedule just to get one. I will wager its no more than 20 students anyhow. I would be devestated if I had to miss out because of an exam or whatnot.

These are also going to be people involved long after its over and return benefit to the school.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X