X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I don't think anything beats Hartford where if you want to go from 84 to 91 you either have to take a separate highway or deal w a surface level exit... Amongst several other instances of crazy
    You weren't sitting through 3 lights at the end of the exit with people driving over the top of the median to get where they needed to go. Holy Hannah!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      You weren't sitting through 3 lights at the end of the exit with people driving over the top of the median to get where they needed to go. Holy Hannah!
      Better off taking the old airport exit just after the new one/toll, then taking a left and coming in the back way which should take you right past Murphys to the arena. Shouldn't be as bad today but if you have no work, just get there early like a lot of us are.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Better off taking the old airport exit just after the new one/toll, then taking a left and coming in the back way which should take you right past Murphys to the arena. Shouldn't be as bad today but if you have no work, just get there early like a lot of us are.
        Is that why that won was backed up too? That one was a mess as well. How about realizing ManchVegasis completely inept and just planning on leaving 2 extra hours to get there. Sheesh.

Comment

Watching the replay now. Still don't think that was a penalty much less a penalty shot. What a joke.

Equally unfunny was the way the broadcast handled it. Glad that commercial was more important than coming back for the penalty shot and/or putting in one more commercial after the red light went off.

Totally separate note: Love this quote from Boston Globe article "College hockey’s universe has changed since then and this year’s galaxy includes the likes of Quinnipiac and Canisius and Niagara and Union. And a certain hyphenated school from an old mill town that might yet be the brighest star of all." Thanks John Powers!
          Last edited by Go-UML; 03-30-2013, 09:45 AM.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Congrats on the win yesterday. Way to represent Hockey East.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Head over to the Tsongas now to greet the Northeast Regional Champions as they get off the bus! See you there!

Comment

Great show UML. 2 more
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

congrats to the Lowell players, coaches and fans. wishing you all the best in pittsburgh. 2 more to go!

hoping you bring back the hardware representing both your university and HE!!!!

Comment

Frozen Four!!! Way to go Lowell!! Great atmosphere at the Verizon the past 2 days and the Lowell fans were fantastic!! It has been a long time coming for a long time fan. My brothers and I (all ULowell alumni) don't want this ride to end.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Congrats Lowell, see you guys in Pittsburgh!
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Great team work Lowell. Got to keep it going for two more games to bring home another banner for Hockey East. Union looks very tough and I would not be surprised to see them advance all the way to set up another UML-Union rematch of last years regional final, but this time for a National championship.

Comment

Wow!! I feel kind of like I did after the Red Sox won the world series. Dazed, confused and stunned. Can't believe it but in a happy way.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Wow!! I feel kind of like I did after the Red Sox won the world series. Dazed, confused and stunned. Can't believe it but in a happy way.
                            Good analogy for me in the sense that it seemed to come and it never felt right... of course with the sox that was because it was a sweep and the NL didn't prove to be a challenge.

Here its because I'm used to us not... well, were not here... this happen so ergo it can't happen nor can't be happening.

Hoof!

-----

WHO IS IN FOR PITTSBURGH!!!
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Alright UML, your our only HE team left, kick some arse in Pitt and make it 4 HE teams that have won it all!!

Comment

This is all just a dream right? It's been a wonderful 4 month dream and we're all going to wake up and realize that it was just a dream right? I mean, there's no way that Lowell could knock off Maine, BU and UNH to get to the Frozen Four, right? Right?
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X