X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    NBC Sports network was blacked out here, apparently because NESN has the territorial rights. I was hoping to watch them to avoid having to listen to Tom Caron. The good news was, he only said
    "SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!" once. My ears were spared...
    Tom Caron is insufferable. He's also a bit slow, drawing out his words long enough so that he can determine what the next one should be.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
      It should send an emphatic message to Merrimack, Providence, etc (OK…maybe not ZooMESS) that it is possible. What’s most gratifying is there’s no reason to believe this is a Cinderella story; we're a program on the rise and the future looks promising.
      Wasn't it last year, or perhaps the year before, when Merrimack was the 'up-and-coming' team and Lowell was a bottom-dweller? My, how that all changed.
      Chris V

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        On a different note, I'm going to have to do some logistics things... I haven't bought plane tix yet because I don't want to be wrong but if we're playing early Friday in Manchester I may need some help getting there. My father doesn't get out of work until later on. I may end up needing to rent a car but if I can avoid it then I won't.
        I believe it will work out just as it did at The Garden, with the highest seed--which Lowell will be--drawing the early game.
        Chris V

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          My cup runneth over. It was the neatest thing to see Mr les raise the trophy.
          I know that gave me goosebumps and it was a personal high after watching this team for a long time. One thing you can say about Lowell teams that span the years is that these guys "get it" and they epitomize the words; character, respect, and selflessness.

I'm still speechless but enjoying every minute of this weekend!
          Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-24-2013, 01:35 PM.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Only 2 boxes left to check:
            *****http://goriverhawks.com/images/2013/3/23/large_GardenChecklistWin2.jpg******
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
              I know that gave me goosebumps and it was a personal high after watching this team for a long time. One thing you can say about Lowell teams that span the years is that these guys "get it" and they epitomize the words; character, respect, and selflessness.

Great picture of Artie holding up the trophy in this group of shots.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So I didn't realize that the game would be blacked out on NBC Sports and didn't get the game on my DVR. Should've looked for NESN+ I guess..

Did anyone record the game and be willing to give me a DVD copy? I'll buy you a round at the SportsZone tonight or in Manchester.
                UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                  So I didn't realize that the game would be blacked out on NBC Sports and didn't get the game on my DVR. Should've looked for NESN+ I guess..

Did anyone record the game and be willing to give me a DVD copy? I'll buy you a round at the SportsZone tonight or in Manchester.
                  I believe NESN will show the game again this Tuesday night at 8:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Last night's highlights with 1st/2nd period intermission commentary and 3rd period highlights-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYlc...ure=youtu.be&a

Post-game awards, picks up right after Lowell players storm ice -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPr1...ure=youtu.be&a
                    Could have done with a little less of the Jackie love fest and more about our team. WHile I respect Parker the night should have been about the championship team. Thought I was maybe being a bit pi55y until a lady at church, who follows the team but not the politics, said the same thing in much stronger language.

Comment

Could have done with a little less of the Jackie love fest and more about our team. WHile I respect Parker the night should have been about the championship team. Thought I was maybe being a bit pi55y until a lady at church, who follows the team but not the politics, said the same thing in much stronger language.

I'll admit that I was hoping to see Artie raise the trophy after what you said... did see his interaction w/ Jack. Not a lot of people who have been around as long Jack... after Bunyon (probably growing up around the HEA) Artie has to be on a short list of longtimers.

Not to make you feel old or anything
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Totally agree John. It really was a special moment watching the Hockey East banner being raised with Umass Lowell 2013 Champions on the bottom of it.

Comment

Yes, this was getting a little old after a bit. I was so glad when he finally disappeared down the runway and they could focus on UML. Way too much video focused on Jack that took away from shots of Lowell that we could have seen.

I'm still blown away by the numbers of UML fans there last night and the noise when seeing the video. The few ushers I was also speaking to couldn't believe it also, noting that the Beanpot sometimes doesn't draw as well, nor as loud as we were. People I know who watched on tv thought it was a UML home game at Tsongas and not at the Garden.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

My cup runneth over. It was the neatest thing to see Mr les raise the trophy.
                            It was great to see the players sort through the crowd to make sure he got his turn...

Comment

Check this out from PC's Gillies -

https://twitter.com/JGillies32/statu...54024416354304
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Yes...
                                That was an amazing line!
                                BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Working...
                                X