2013 D3 All-American Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 D3 All-American Awards

Not sure of the teams but Teal Gove was Named the Laura Hurd Award winner. KEVIN Houle was Named Coach of the Year.

Teal Gove, Sydney Aveson, and Allison Era have been named First Team All-Americans.

Re: 2013 D3 All-American Awards

Links from the American Hockey Coaches Association:

All-Americans -- Women's Division III CCM Hockey All-Americans Announced

PDF version -- http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/1213/0314w3aa.pdf

Hurd Award -- Teal Gove of Plattsburgh State is D-III Women's Player of the Year

Coach of the Year -- Kevin Houle of Plattsburgh State is flexxCOACH/AHCA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Coach of the Year
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Congrats to all cardinal winners, especially to kevin houle and teal gove! Shold be an interesting weekend! Starting today! Good luck plattsburgh

Comment

Way to go Sydney...from former Cal parent....

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
        Not sure of the teams but Teal Gove was Named the Laura Hurd Award winner. KEVIN Houle was Named Coach of the Year.

Teal Gove, Sydney Aveson, and Allison Era have been named First Team All-Americans.

Comment

Shannon Stewart got hosed by the All-American voters. I realize that A) there's more to hockey than what stats show and B) You can't give every honors spot to one team, but show me one category where Utica's Megan Myers had a better year than Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            Shannon Stewart got hosed by the All-American voters. I realize that A) there's more to hockey than what stats show and B) You can't give every honors spot to one team, but show me one category where Utica's Megan Myers had a better year than Stewart.
            Congratulations to all of the winners. I do have to wonder why Kennedy of Gustavus was on the list -- she only had six points this year. There were 13 players in the MIAC with better or equal stats and 27 NCHA players (not counting the 3 that are on the All-American list already) that had better or equal stats. I suppose "they" couldn't give all four West defensive awards to the NCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              ...and how many games did Myers play with the talent around her that Stewart had every single game?

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
                Congratulations to all of the winners. I do have to wonder why Kennedy of Gustavus was on the list -- she only had six points this year. There were 13 players in the MIAC with better or equal stats and 27 NCHA players (not counting the 3 that are on the All-American list already) that had better or equal stats. I suppose "they" couldn't give all four West defensive awards to the NCHA.
                Yes they could...NCHA is better anyway
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

How many" official " DIII all American women's teams are there ? Thanks

Comment

First Team in the East - First Team in the West.
                    Second Team East - Second Team West.
                    That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
                      Wow, now we are calling out kids on the AA squads. Somebody could probably read between the lines that your " Little Susie" did not make it and you are bitter. Before you start questioning who is on or off, learn the process first! Stats are not everything. "They" would have included your "Little Susie's" coaches vote!
                      And before you start back at me, I do NOT have a horse in the race!

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        Yes they could...NCHA is better anyway
                        No time to get into this debate! Have a good off season!

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                          First Team in the East - First Team in the West.
                          Second Team East - Second Team West.
                          That's it.
                          I think what they meant was how many different organizations select All American awards. AHCA has selected but does anybody else such as USCHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolinepass View Post
                            I think what they meant was how many different organizations select All American awards. AHCA has selected but does anybody else such as USCHO.
                            Thanks , that is what I meant

Comment

Working...
                            X