X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I assume you are being sarcastic since he played after the major penalty. I keep saying that players have perfected the art of taking a dive into the boards, but everyone keeps saying I'm crazy. We'll Escobedo totally embellished that hit. But BU gets called every time someone else embellishes it, so I'm glad this one went our way. I wished nobody did it, but since others do, I call it a smart play by the senior.
    Stop that

We all know BC & Maine are the 2 teams in HE that dive

Jack told us so

Comment

I assume you are being sarcastic since he played after the major penalty. I keep saying that players have perfected the art of taking a dive into the boards, but everyone keeps saying I'm crazy. We'll Escobedo totally embellished that hit. But BU gets called every time someone else embellishes it, so I'm glad this one went our way. I wished nobody did it, but since others do, I call it a smart play by the senior.
      Just wanted to make sure he was okay. The way he reacted lead me to believe the injury was career threatening. You're twisted to think that this was a smart play. Hopefully he was being genuine.

Comment

I was on the opposite end of the ice from that hit, so I only saw it from behind and heard it, so I can't tell if it was embellished or not. That said, for Gaudreau to put himself in that situation to make that hit 200 feet from his own net is incredibly stupid.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          Is Escobedo okay to play tomorrow night?
          He was back out there shortly after the penalty...

Comment

But I was already in "oh well, at least I won't have to try to figure our which channel is 'NESN Plus'" mode.
            Last I checked the HE Championship game will also be on NBCSports Channel tomorrow, most likely using the NESN feed.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              I was on the opposite end of the ice from that hit, so I only saw it from behind and heard it, so I can't tell if it was embellished or not. That said, for Gaudreau to put himself in that situation to make that hit 200 feet from his own net is incredibly stupid.
              "Heard it"

Stop

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                "Heard it"

Stop
                I said that on purpose, to imply exactly what you responded to, just did a bad job being sarcatsic. My point is, whether or not he embellished it (I don't know, I said I couldn't see it) Gaudreau is an idiot for putting himself in that situation, where he undoubtedly knows the ref is more likely to call the penalty on him, 200 feet from his own net in a crucial part of the game.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Well it deserves it's own post.

Congrats to Coach Durocher and the women's team, who will play in their second NCAA title game in three years. Minnesota needed OT to knock BC off and go to 40-0-0, so perhaps there is a chance. COme to think of it, they needed OT in their previous game too.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Some random thoughts...I don't think I have ever seen a BU team outplayed as badly as they were in the first period. They were SO tentative and BC was just flying all over the ice. But I'm happy that they finally did something we were screaming about in Worcester in 2006 (when they also had us hemmed in deep in our own end and we kept continuing to try to break it out up the boards)...they finally 1) broke it out up the middle and 2) used the stretch pass to get behind the BC defense. It worked about six times, twice for goals and forced BC back on their heels. Until then it looked like we were in cement, not moving our feet and BC was just flying around unimpeded everywhere. I do agree, though, that this is where BC needed to "counter" with a different strategy and they seemed lost without York behind the bench. So we live to play another day...but if we lose tomorrow night, I'm pretty sure we're done, with all the upsets (Wisconsin winning, Union winning and Quinnipiac losing). Tough to beat a team four times in one year. And we need to score first...if we fall behind like we did against BC (who refused to lay back and kept trying to pour on the goals - their aggressiveness came back to haunt them), it's over because Lowell KNOWS how to play with the lead.

But other than that, it was one of the most exhilarating games I've been to in a long time and I thought the BU crowd was great. Let's get one more tomorrow night!

Comment

I said that on purpose, to imply exactly what you responded to, just did a bad job being sarcatsic. My point is, whether or not he embellished it (I don't know, I said I couldn't see it) Gaudreau is an idiot for putting himself in that situation, where he undoubtedly knows the ref is more likely to call the penalty on him, 200 feet from his own net in a crucial part of the game.
                      But see, here's the thing with the "embellishment." It's always after the fact. The point is that he really got hammered and it was a cross-check. I don't think any embellishment "influenced" the decision to make it a major, because we know that anytime you hit anyone from behind near the boards they're going to call that. The damage was already done and it was a stupid play by Johnny Hockey. If a BU player did that (and they're done it a lot this year) we'd be screaming at them.

Comment

3 OT's in their previous game defkit. Do you believe in miracles!?

Awesome win. Tomorrow will be interesting.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

hey, johnny dum bass should be thankful they made up a cross checking major so he could stay in the game. boarding or hfb major calls for a game and risks getting the dq and missing the first ncaa game.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Made up? I'm not gonna tell you it wasn't dumb, but please. A five minute penalty was more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Made up? I'm not gonna tell you it wasn't dumb, but please. A five minute penalty was more than enough.
                              i'm saying 21 was hit from behind into the boards. in every other game that is a boarding or hfb call and if they decide it's a major it also comes with a game misconduct or a game disqualification.

instead tweetle dee and tweetle dum stood there and thought to call it a cross check. this allowed him to stay in the game after his penalty was served and he didn't have to worry about sitting out the next game.

got it?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I liked when Gaudreau had that break in the 3rd and drew the slash penalty -- he made sure to finish his shot (missed) then threw up his hands and looked back at the ref like, "Ugh! Cmon ref! Jiminy!"

Johnny Ainge.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X