First and Final CCHA Airing of Grievances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First and Final CCHA Airing of Grievances

Alaska- Too far away, playing up there always seems too lead to a hangover perfomance wise the following week

Bowling Green- Ugliest rink in the league, ugliest jerseys in the league, I have to give it up for their fans, anyone who can say with a straight face I bleed sh*t brown and burnt orange has to be dedicated

Ferris State- Arena is the size of a sardine can, however my biggest gripe is how much better you are at running a pretty successful program in a small town than LSSU these days.

Miami- Plays the game the right way so much it's maddening, and you faltered in the spotlight a few different times when I placed full faith that you would bring a title home for the league. Other than that I have nothing bad to say, your program does things the way they are supposed to be done, and I will be rooting for your success as you move elsewhere.

Michigan- You always hear about how many national titles they have, yet no one ever mentions the fact that other than 2 in the 90's they all came before Vietnam (and people complain about how LSSU clings to the glory days), and yes, yes, we all know about your streak of 20+ years of making the tournament, it's very exciting, great consistency, etc. UM hockey fans clearly don't watch much baseball, for if they did they would realize that converting 2 of 20something NCAA bids into a championship results in a pretty crappy batting average!

Michigan State- Took two of LSSU's former coaches (Mason and Comley) and won national titles with them, that's about all I got, whenever you guys came to the Soo you drew the biggest crowd of anyone, definitely will miss that.

Northern Michigan- You win an obscene amount of games that you have no business being in and you took one of our former coaches (Comley) and won a national title with him.

Notre Dame - You took one of our former coaches and won went to a national title game with him.....Is anyone seeing a pattern here? Any programs out there interested in Jim Roque's services??

Ohio State- To echo other's comments, not much needs to be said here, I don't think anybody whose not a Buckeye fan feels anything but hatred toward them, adios.

Western Michigan- Fans take 3 years of success and act like the program has been a juggernaut for decades...newsflash, the last girl to show up at a party shouldn't be the first in line to do a keg stand, that's how you end up stumbling home and getting taken advantage of.....which is a perfect analogy for what will happen to you in your new conference

Comment

This thread took a bit to get going but it has definitely delivered.

Originally posted by broncos24 View Post
      Ohio State:
      It's in Ohio, enough said
      Hey now, not everyone in Ohio is so bad.

Alaska:
      Why do you have to blow up half of the campuses in the league?
      I was waiting for someone to say this, well played.

Northern Michigan:
      Stole my bike
      True Story

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
      Miami- Plays the game the right way so much it's maddening, and you faltered in the spotlight a few different times when I placed full faith that you would bring a title home for the league. Other than that I have nothing bad to say, your program does things the way they are supposed to be done, and I will be rooting for your success as you move elsewhere.
      Best of luck in the nWCHA to you guys.

Western Michigan- Fans take 3 years of success and act like the program has been a juggernaut for decades...newsflash, the last girl to show up at a party shouldn't be the first in line to do a keg stand, that's how you end up stumbling home and getting taken advantage of.....which is a perfect analogy for what will happen to you in your new conference
      Can't stop laughing at this analogy.
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Lake Superior:
        Please, continue to tell me how awesome you were when I was still ****ting in diapers

Michigan:
        Take your alcoholic and UIP coach and get bent.
        You can complain about bringing up things from the 90's and then bring up something happened in 1994 in the same post...

Other than that, solid post.
        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
          You can complain about bringing up things from the 90's and then bring up something happened in 1994 in the same post...

Other than that, solid post.
          I'm sure Red has done it a few times since then, just hasn't gotten caught....yet

Western Michigan University Bronco Hockey
          Home of the Lawson Lunatics

Comment

What a great idea for a thread. Wish I would have thought of it.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Miami:
              Too busy shopping at Vineyard Vines to fill one of the smallest rinks in the league to capacity, night in, night out. (Despite having a top 3 team and an immaculate barn)
              Fyp!

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                Western Michigan
                Why?
                That's better

Comment

Sweet!
                  "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                  -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

michigan sux cough

Comment

Yeah but if there is one thing we know about at WMU it's Keg stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        What a great idea for a thread. Wish I would have thought of it.
                        It may just be time for a WCHA one, but that would just devolve into UM is the bestest, JBSU won it but still gets no respect, UND/DU ruined everything, MTU is butthurt, donald hates the world thread.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          It may just be time for a WCHA one, but that would just devolve into UM is the bestest, JBSU won it but still gets no respect, UND/DU ruined everything, MTU is butthurt, donald hates the world thread.
                          Sounds about right.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            whose calling Sault Ste Marie "a little village"? wait til Gwoz has to travel to Oxford.
                            Did you forget that Gwoz coached Miami for 5 years?
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X