Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    I was cheering my brains out chick. you must not have seen me
    I was cheering my heart out too, but sadly the espnU cameras found me. Let's Go 'Cats!
    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      At the very least it's a fascinating contrast in styles. You have one team which plays almost no defense vs a team who scores goals almost as an afterthought. Don't be fooled by tonight - Wisconsin was AWFUL. I think this shapes up as perhaps an epic game, and with two teams whose fans can "walk to the Verizon" (cue Barry Melrose), it SHOULD be packed and crazy (although after tonight I am really starting to wonder what we have to do to gets fans into these games).

And I'm sorry, but I have to say this. And the BU fans have heard me rant about this for three years. If you're going to go to a game and sit on your hands, why bother? I saw several shots of UNH fans just standing there after their team was putting the game away. Do you think maybe you can at least SMILE if you're not going to cheer (I'd be on my feet screaming like a madman)? Has this country gotten that down? Is everyone depressed? I know the economy is bad, but jeez, there's no enthusiasm anymore. The comment about "I'm not impressed with the fans in the East" from the other thread has merit...
      These are the members of the Whittemore Country Club!
      Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Denver is a team I like, but tonight the word that comes to mind is Hacks. They had tripping penalties at 18:57 and 20:00 of the 3rd period. Jeez.

They've always been hacks.... Anyone remember the game back in like 2000ish when they came into UNH as the #1 team in the country, got thoroughly dominated (in UNH's tournament) and pulled all sorts of cheap crap all game? including shooting the puck intentionally at the bench and other antics... it was hilarious. No surprise about last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
          Went to my first Regional game that involved UNH tonight. I had the "pleasure" of sitting in the UNH section. Just want to say that I completely understand now why UNH fans get a bad rap. The constant whining and every legal hit the fans wanted a penalty called. There was this older gentleman who every time UNH scored he would taunt the non-UNH fans around him. Just got a vib that UNH fans thought they were better then everyone else. I try not to judge until I see things myself, but tonight it proved everything I have read in other threads about UNH fans. Way to go UNH fans. Your team played well tonight, but sitting with you took the fun out of the game. The refs are not out to "get" you and kudos to the guy who kept yelling f-bombs when a call didn't go his way.
          When is Maine's NCAA game?

Comment

This is the YEAR!!!!!!!

I told you guys!!!!

UNH is a team of destiny. Kudos for this team and captains for not pulling a Josh Ciocco and overlooking their first round opponent to predict a victory over a fellow Hockey East squad!
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Here is a link to some video highlights of last night's game:
              http://www.ncaa.com/video#!icehockey...pshire-moves-0

Comment

Is there an established UNH fan headquarters for tonight's game?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  I was cheering my heart out too, but sadly the espnU cameras found me. Let's Go 'Cats!
                  Oh so you were that hot chick i wish i was sitting beside
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I'm curious. Is it truly legal for a ref to have a video review of a penalty? I thought they had to be called live by the refs / linesmen, and the only time video could be used was to determine which player committed a penalty (which may have been the case here). None of the camera work showed a linesman so it is possible one of them called it, and then the review was to see 'whodunit'...I'm just trying to educate myself on the sequence of events surrounding Kevin's injury.

Because if video was allowed, I want somebody to explain to me how Downing gets cheap-shotted, has blood drawn, and DU ends up with a PP...hindsight, we won, who cares, I know. I'm just curioud about the use of replay in those instances.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                      I'm curious. Is it truly legal for a ref to have a video review of a penalty? I thought they had to be called live by the refs / linesmen, and the only time video could be used was to determine which player committed a penalty (which may have been the case here). None of the camera work showed a linesman so it is possible one of them called it, and then the review was to see 'whodunit'...I'm just trying to educate myself on the sequence of events surrounding Kevin's injury.

Because if video was allowed, I want somebody to explain to me how Downing gets cheap-shotted, has blood drawn, and DU ends up with a PP...hindsight, we won, who cares, I know. I'm just curioud about the use of replay in those instances.
                      The video was only used to get the number correct last night.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                        Is there an established UNH fan headquarters for tonight's game?
                        Last night was Margaritas, I assume the same today.

Comment

Wildshawn, no penalty was initially called unless you're saying the refs got together and one of the linesmen spoke up...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            The video was only used to get the number correct last night.
                            That's what ESPNU was saying late last night as well -- once the player was clearly head-injured, the refs conferred, and then used the replay to see who to toss. In any event, it happened right in front of a ref, so why the whistle wasn't blown immediately is beyond me. They eventually got the call right. (And I'd say that if the players were reversed, with Goumas getting the gate.)
                            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Congrats on last night's win. Way to represent Hockey East.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                They've always been hacks.... Anyone remember the game back in like 2000ish when they came into UNH as the #1 team in the country, got thoroughly dominated (in UNH's tournament) and pulled all sorts of cheap crap all game? including shooting the puck intentionally at the bench and other antics... it was hilarious. No surprise about last night.
                                I had forgotten about that! One of the Denver players was doing the "raise the roof" motion to mock the crowd after he scored and like half the building started doing it back at him when UNH went up on them.
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X