PDA

View Full Version : Which teams advance to the Frozen Four in Minneapolis?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

TonyTheTiger20
03-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Any idea when game times will be announced?

Watson Rink
03-17-2013, 07:49 AM
On March 14 I wrote:

"Now, for all we know, Minny's final this year may be a cakewalk, and when the Zamboni cleans the ice after the first period you may have already started celebrating a (much deserved) feat that has never been done by anyone before. But going to overtime might just add an extra zest to the experience?"

Agree? Disagree? Seems it adds to the legend.....

Hux
03-17-2013, 08:28 AM

Yeah, last year.

CrazyDave
03-17-2013, 08:56 AM
On March 14 I wrote:

"Now, for all we know, Minny's final this year may be a cakewalk, and when the Zamboni cleans the ice after the first period you may have already started celebrating a (much deserved) feat that has never been done by anyone before. But going to overtime might just add an extra zest to the experience?"

Agree? Disagree? Seems it adds to the legend.....
More like: going to overtime might just add extra stress to the experience. :o

Blackbeard
03-17-2013, 09:18 AM

They are always at 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM.

ARM
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
If they had lost tonight or if they lose next week there will be a huge hole in their collective psyche that will dwarf what any other team would normally feel in the same situation simply because of the fairy tale season that they've had.I don't agree. This team is playing for the national championship, as are the other three teams that are still alive. People like you and I talk about streaks because we are farther removed from it and it is an easy thing to latch onto, but they are just focused on winning a hockey game. So yes, losing will hurt, but I don't think it is possible for it to hurt any more than say the Minnesota team that lost a home quarterfinal to Wisconsin in OT in 2008. It is either NCAA champ or not; the streak ending will just be superfluous.

It feels great to talk about life long friendships etc. but as soon as the circumstances that threw people together in the first place are removed such as school or the workplace, then most friendships die a natural death because the food that was feeding the friendships (the forced common meeting ground) no longer exists. It's neither good or bad. It just is. A condition of life.I know what you're saying, but I disagree. A lot of teams want to talk about chemistry, but there seem to be little cliques all over the place and certain players don't seem to get along at all. This team is different than any other UM team I've seen, and there have been some good ones in terms of leadership. So when they talk about friends for life, I believe them. Life happens, things change, but I still have friends from college that live in different states, even though we didn't take pictures on ice rinks together holding trophies. I'm willing to give these players the benefit of any doubt.

Any idea when game times will be announced?If it helps, Minnesota has always played the late game in any tournament in which they've been both a participant and host, so plan for the late slot.

IceIsNice
03-17-2013, 10:32 AM

Yeah, last year.

They are always at 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM.

If it helps, Minnesota has always played the late game in any tournament in which they've been both a participant and host, so plan for the late slot.

Okay, I'll take a shot..... For the 2013 NCAA National Championship of Women's Ice Hockey, any idea when it will be announced as to which semifinal pairing per the official NCAA tournament bracket will play at 5 PM CT vs. which pairing will play at 8 PM CT?

ARM
03-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay, I'll take a shot..... For the 2013 NCAA National Championship of Women's Ice Hockey, any idea when it will be announced as to which semifinal pairing per the official NCAA tournament bracket will play at 5 PM CT vs. which pairing will play at 8 PM CT?I remember one year when they announced the times of the pairings and then switched them later, so unless someone from the NCAA responds -- good luck with that -- our educated guesses will have to do. Free advice and worth every penny.

Hux
03-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I remember one year when they announced the times of the pairings and then switched them later, so unless someone from the NCAA responds -- good luck with that -- our educated guesses will have to do. Free advice and worth every penny.

Doesn't the highest seed get the early game?

ARM
03-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Doesn't the highest seed get the early game?That's less of an issue with the off day. UNH/Minnesota played the late game in 2006 and UNH was the #1 seed and Minnesota the host. UMD played the late game in 2003 as the #1 seed and host. Even for the WCHA tournament, the Gophers always take the late slot because they know it is better for attendance. UMD goes with the earlier slot in the league tourney when hosting because the coach is all about competitive advantage.

brookyone
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Minnesota, Mercyhurst, Boston University, Boston College
DC78-82 IceIsNice MICZamboni
Congrats to those of prognostication perfection. Admit it...you were sweatin' the last q'final to end a little.

CrazyDave
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Okay, I'll take a shot..... For the 2013 NCAA National Championship of Women's Ice Hockey, any idea when it will be announced as to which semifinal pairing per the official NCAA tournament bracket will play at 5 PM CT vs. which pairing will play at 8 PM CT?

Just in case you miss it in the other threads I posted this into...

Just announced... Minnesota vs. BC in the early game at 5 p.m. CT. BU and Mercyhurst will play at 8 p.m.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-hockey/spec-rel/031713aaa.html

Yaforsure
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Well, 1 for 4 in quarters with 2 of picks bowing out in OT- im saying BC and Mercyhurst in the finals with Mercyhurst winning it all!

Stay thirsty my friends!

Blackbeard
03-17-2013, 03:04 PM

It's only humane that UM deals with BC sooner as opposed to later.

Blackbeard
03-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Stay thirsty my friends!

Or was that Thirstyhurst?

ARM
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Doesn't the highest seed get the early game?You're right; I'm wrong.

TonyTheTiger20
03-17-2013, 05:00 PM
okay, i'll take a shot..... For the 2013 ncaa national championship of women's ice hockey, any idea when it will be announced as to which semifinal pairing per the official ncaa tournament bracket will play at 5 pm ct vs. Which pairing will play at 8 pm ct?
:D

Nice, Ice.

OnMAA
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
It's only humane that UM deals with BC sooner as opposed to later.

As someone else posted, First seed gets the early bird, presumably so they have more rest between games.

D2D
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Doesn't the highest seed get the early game?

You're right; I'm wrong.

Anyone else as jealous of Hux as I am? ;)

All kidding aside, I'm very surprised to see that host Minnesota plays first, even though the tournament is already a sell-out.

brookyone
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Anyone else as jealous of Hux as I am? ;)

All kidding aside, I'm very surprised to see that host Minnesota plays first, even though the tournament is already a sell-out.
About that sellout, has everyone looking for tickets checked the Grand Forks Herald classifieds?