Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams advance to the Frozen Four in Minneapolis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which teams advance to the Frozen Four in Minneapolis?

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I don't always agree with Shannon Miller
    WHAT?!!!! I can't belive what I'm hearing...I know you don't really mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Minnesota fans who go back more than half a dozen years have heard of Colby, as it is a player in the roots of our program.
      I believe that involves a coach ?.

This is from 1999:
      The Colby women's ice hockey team, one of the oldest women's hockey programs in the nation, recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. As a result of its long history, the women's hockey team has been the only Division III program competing in the ECAC Division I league. During the team's tenure as a Division I team, the team posted back-to-back tournament appearances in 1995-96 and 1996-97 and in 1998 placed two players on the inaugural Women's College Hockey All-American Team.

P.S....Nice article. Program is 40 years old. I think it is one of the oldest, after Brown and Cornell.
      http://www.onlinesentinel.com/sports...013-01-19.html
      Last edited by OnMAA; 03-14-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        I believe that involves a coach ?.

This is from 1999:
        The Colby women's ice hockey team, one of the oldest women's hockey programs in the nation, recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. As a result of its long history, the women's hockey team has been the only Division III program competing in the ECAC Division I league. During the team's tenure as a Division I team, the team posted back-to-back tournament appearances in 1995-96 and 1996-97 and in 1998 placed two players on the inaugural Women's College Hockey All-American Team.

P.S....Nice article. Program is 40 years old. I think it is one of the oldest, after Brown and Cornell.
        http://www.onlinesentinel.com/sports...013-01-19.html
        And two players, who followed said coach to UMinn at its start.
        Last edited by mattj711; 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Maybe it would be best for women's hockey if someone from the east won, but you're going to have to take it from us. Expecting anyone out here to just agree with you is asinine. If you want it, come and get it, but we're going to fight you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            Maybe it would be best for women's hockey if someone from the east won, but you're going to have to take it from us. Expecting anyone out here to just agree with you is asinine. If you want it, come and get it, but we're going to fight you.
            Completely agree and that is the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
              And somebody will, and then we'll go through a stretch where the East is usually winning. Then maybe while that is happening, the West can win one on the D-III side. It all goes in cycles.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

This !

Comment

This! A refreshingly sportsmanlike attitude. Comparatively speaking.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    This! A refreshingly sportsmanlike attitude. Comparatively speaking.
                    From the mouth of THE resident expert on sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                      From the mouth of THE resident expert on sportsmanship.
                      Good luck to UMD in their NCAA q'final! Oh wait...never mind. Darn!

The posse rides again!
                      Last edited by brookyone; 03-15-2013, 05:04 AM.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I'm going to say- Cornell, Clarkson in one semi...Boston College and UND in the other with BC and Clarkson in final!

Comment

Originally posted by Yaforsure View Post
                          I'm going to say- Cornell, Clarkson in one semi...Boston College and UND in the other with BC and Clarkson in final!

Yaforsure
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                            Yaforsure
                            Clearly, you're on the right track, but I'm going to say there's more than one shocker on yaforsure's list. So my reaction is:

Comment

My two cents on what"s bad for the sport: 8-0 and 9-0 games where one team is beaten before the first puck drops; 153-3 record against a conference opponent; more fans cheering for your opponent than cheering for you in your house; other fans asking you if you have a relative playing because they cannot imagine why you are there otherwise.

Surprisingly, being undefeated is turning out to be good for the sport here. I'm seeing a lot of new people at games recently, primarily because of the coverage. At least that is what they are telling me. I must have had a dozen people tell me this was their first time in Ridder over the last couple of games (and none of them asked me if I had a relative playing!). I hope they come back for more.

Comment

North Dakota picks up a second vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X