Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams advance to the Frozen Four in Minneapolis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which teams advance to the Frozen Four in Minneapolis?

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    It is.
    Available in Canada ?.
    (last weeks league games on ESPN.COM were not )

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Available in Canada ?.
      Was it last year? I'd assume that it will be the same.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I didn't even think about borders when I asked the question. So, it sounds like we've gone around in a circle...yes, no, maybe, not sure.

Comment

Yes, recall watching the Cornell game and the Final online, so here is hoping.
          Watched the final three years ago that went to triple OT online as well. It was out west as well.
          Two years ago saw the event live, and hope to do the same next year in Quinnipiac.

Comment

Man you Minnesota fans are touchy.

You need to remember, sir, that there are other rating systems out there, like the Diputs(^2)â„¢ Ratings, which say that Minnesota has actually beaten exactly ONE team ranked in the top 20 (Bemidji) -- a team that, wouldn't you know it, took UM to OT, and would have won, too, if not for a WCHA Specialâ„¢ of a call to protect its premier team.

You should feel lucky that I decided to go with the factually questionable statement that Minnesota has only beaten one team all season that made the NCAA tournament.
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-14-2013, 01:42 AM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I get it...You are a staunch Minny fan and don't get TTT's exhuberance over his BC team
              And I didn't even predict BC would make the final!

and his belief that Cornell, according to him the best team He has seen, could win this game
              Two minor points to this:

1) Cornell is the best team I have seen this year, personally, but that doesn't mean I don't think Minnesota is better, which I do. Wanted to make that perfectly clear.

2) I like how it's my "belief" that Minnesota can be beaten by Cornell Like this is my own little fantasy world.

I mean, it IS -- but that's entirely beside the point: You're all living in it!

Srsly tho, guys. I'm srsly. I make some reasonable points with the end point suggesting that UM isn't unbeatable and everyone loses their freaking minds...
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-14-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

(And by "guys" and "everyone" I mostly mean Back2BackU-MnPride2002)
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-14-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Srsly tho, guys. I'm srsly. I make some reasonable points with the end point suggesting that UM isn't unbeatable and everyone loses their freaking minds...
                  Not everyone. I'm good. Some UM fans are a little touchy, especially now that they are only a few games away from a perfect season. That sensitivity meter will only go up as the importance of the games increases. Me thinks they are nervous and reacting accordingly.

Comment

Admittedly some nervousness comes from having to play and beat a team for the 6th time with the season on the line.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Not everyone. I'm good. Some UM fans are a little touchy, especially now that they are only a few games away from a perfect season. That sensitivity meter will only go up as the importance of the games increases. Me thinks they are nervous and reacting accordingly.
                      I will be sure to stoke the fire as the games progress, as is tradition

Comment

Would not expect anything less. You have a reputation to uphold.

Comment

I think you have enough to worry about with your own team. Maybe draw them a map so they can find the net.

Comment

Touchy? Imagine that. With the bulk of the NCAA women's D-I hockey world hoping with all their energy and praying to their Gods that Minnesota loses. I'm pretty sure if it were the same situation for an ECAC, CHA or HE team with similar attention and expressions from fans of other teams and conferences we'd see much the same from a few fans of the team wearing the target.

Have ya read any of the Mercyhurst fan responses to completely innocent observations of the Lakers?

Or my opinion could merely be some strange, idiosyncratic Minnesota resident thingy.

Let me reiterate...just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get me.
                            Last edited by brookyone; 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                              With the bulk of the NCAA women's D-I hockey world hoping with all their energy and praying to their Gods that Minnesota loses.
                              This is not a takes sides comment.

I think it would be a good thing for the game if the trophy does NOT go to the WCHA yet again. More parity creates more interest. If a team or conference keeps on dominating, eventually it turns into a Ho Hum here we go again reaction, and it becomes boring.

Comment

I think it would be a good thing for the game if the trophy does NOT go to the WCHA yet again.
                                As in all years, may the best team win.

Comment

Working...
                                X