Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Of course you should have. It's not like he as worked to get a plan in place (and yes this is me praying it is not bavis!). Not has he given an impression that he knows he is pushing 70 and it may be time to put the reins in the hands of an younger energetic guy who could turn things around. Throw on top of that the embarrassing dismissals (criminal & otherwise) with the cherry on top of talented players bolting mid season.
    As of right now, we don't know if there is a plan in place or not.... perhaps we will learn more at 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      As of right now, we don't know if there is a plan in place or not.... perhaps we will learn more at 3.
      Sorry.... Mookie translator : plan - ten years overdue

But yes, we will soon find out
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        You nailed it. The snub of Saponari on Saturday night convinced the BU administration that JP had to go.
        Mistake 1 - you really think this came to fruition Sunday?
        Mistake 2 - agreeing with rover on ANYTHING

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          ?? Why is everyone assuming Vincent wasn't going to do what he has done the last four time he had the chance and turn away? Jack assumed (rightly or wrongly) that Vincent would continue his pout so he left. I've no problem with this as seen on Saturday.
          Don't you think Parker could have worked that out with NU's coach ahead of time? A quick "hey I'll shake hands with the kid after the game if he's not going to pull another stunt"? Lets say Vinnie does do that. The "A sshole" chant would have gone up immediately from the people in the crowd, not the kind of serenade you want to hear during the last game of your career.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Ray Lewis has always been my first go to guy in a hockey conversation, if you have to rely on that thug as your example on how to do things right, then the conversation is over.
            It was an ANALOGY...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Don't you think Parker could have worked that out with NU's coach ahead of time? A quick "hey I'll shake hands with the kid after the game if he's not going to pull another stunt"? Lets say Vinnie does do that. The "A sshole" chant would have gone up immediately from the people in the crowd, not the kind of serenade you want to hear during the last game of your career.
              As I typed after the game. Jack let the NU guys know he was leaving

And the NU staff could have put an end to it after the first time. Jwrry wouldn't have let a kid pull that. Of that I'm sure. Jack I can't say for sure but I would like to think the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mistake 1 - you really think this came to fruition Sunday?
                Mistake 2 - agreeing with rover on ANYTHING
                Sarcasm, brother, sarcasm.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Sarcasm, brother, sarcasm.
                  Stop scaring me man!!!!

Comment

.. Jack I can't say for sure but I would like to think the same.
                    ..that's laughable mookie.. & quite some wishful on your part, given the history of discipline issues..
                    ..I would like to think that our chances of winning the 'Pot go up after this.. but that isnt going to happen either. :-)
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      ..that's laughable mookie.. & quite some wishful on your part, given the history of discipline issues....
                      How are you putting these together?

Comment

How are you putting these together?
                        ..same way you say 'Jack, I'm not sure'.. 'but I would like to think so..'
                        Get out of the bubble. :-)
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

From an NHL.com article, dated Oct. 15, 2009:

Don't look for Parker's reference to a Mick Jagger lyric to be associated with any "R" parties in his honor too soon.

"They're not going to carry me out sideways," Parker told NHL.com about retirement. "At least I hope. It's probably a two-year lookout. 'Am I going to retire in two years? No.' When I decide, it will be two years hence with no notice, but made up in my own mind. But that's a while off."

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            From an NHL.com article, dated Oct. 15, 2009:

Don't look for Parker's reference to a Mick Jagger lyric to be associated with any "R" parties in his honor too soon.

"They're not going to carry me out sideways," Parker told NHL.com about retirement. "At least I hope. It's probably a two-year lookout. 'Am I going to retire in two years? No.' When I decide, it will be two years hence with no notice, but made up in my own mind. But that's a while off."

I believe he has said multiple times that he would not be doing a "farewell" tour.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Here is the problem. As an outsider looking into one of the most storied programs with one of the most revered coaches in college hockey history, we can only see strife. Right at playoff time. Why not go quietly, with class at the end of the season. Imagine if they miraculously win it all?
                              I disagree. I think, as previously stated, this motivates his team for one last run. Look at what it did for the Ravens. They will likely honor him at HE finals at the Garden which will also be a good farewell point for him and HE.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                                I disagree. I think, as previously stated, this motivates his team for one last run. Look at what it did for the Ravens. They will likely honor him at HE finals at the Garden which will also be a good farewell point for him and HE.
                                Let's hope he's actually still coaching for that game!

Comment

Working...
                                X