Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Denver will host Colorado College. The Pioneers have an at-large bid for the tourney booked. As much as I would love to see Denver send the Tigers home for the season, a bye week would be nice too. I think back to 2003-2004, CC beat Denver in the playoffs, Denver won the title.

CC has to play desperate.

I have CC in 3.
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Re: WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Well, after seeing this matchup, Atlas shrugged.

Whoever sends more fans to the F5.....that's who I hope wins.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I think we'd send more, but in reality this Denver team could probably use a break more than playing in the F5.
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

So you're basing who you want to win upon 10 or less fans?

# of ladies who have gotten lucky with Rocco Grimaldi > # of combined CC & DU at the F5.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

# of ladies who have gotten lucky with Rocco Grimaldi > # of combined CC & DU at the F5.
          No reason for me to spend hundreds to fly to Minnesota for the F5. Especially when I'm 6 months into being married and we're broke as s***.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. That's about how much I care who wins this series.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
              No reason for me to spend hundreds to fly to Minnesota for the F5. Especially when I'm 6 months into being married and we're broke as s***.
              I'm not surprised given DU had to resort to giving tickets away for the game today. If DU fans can barely be persuaded to go to a free game less than 30 miles away, why the hell would they pay a bunch of money to go to games 900 miles away?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm not surprised given DU had to resort to giving tickets away for the game today. If DU fans can barely be persuaded to go to a free game less than 30 miles away, why the hell would they pay a bunch of money to go to games 900 miles away?
                11am start on the same day as the daylight savings time switch. Everyone was too hungover probably. I had to work today.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

There were some gaudy statistics for several Denver players this weekend against Alaska-Anchorage.

Scott Mayfield was 1-1-2 and +4
                  Paul Phillips was 0-3-3 and +5
                  Ty Loney was 0-6-6 and +6
                  Shawn Ostrow was 3-1-4 and +7
                  Zac Larraza was 3-0-3 and +7

Nice to see seniors Shawn Ostrow and captain Paul Phillips enjoy a productive series in their final regular season games in Magness Arena.

Certainly the biggest concern for Denver is defenseman Josiah Dider's availability in the post-season. With 7:38 remaining in the third period of today's game Didier and several Alaska-Anchorage players were tangled in a mass in the faceoff circle to the glove side of goalie Chris Kamal. Didier had his right knee/leg hit as several players tumbled to the ice. Didier rose under his own power, skated to the bench while keeping his right skate off the ice and immediately went to the lockerroom. He did not return to action nor was he on the ice for the post-game handshake line.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

So, more posts in this thread by gametime, or more fans at either game?

Discuss.

Comment

As a UNH/Norwich hockey fan living in Denver, I've been to several DU hockey games this season and have been surprised at the lack of attendance. With the NHL lockout and DU's strong program, I figured the place would be filled at least until the lockout was over but it didn't really happen (except for the usual rivalry games). Given the 11am start I wasn't surprised to see the student section nearly empty today but it never seems to be filled to capacity otherwise (again, except for the usual rivalry games).

Anyway, regarding this weekend, I say DU in three.
                      Norwich and UNH fan.

Comment

I have CC in 3.
                        I'll take it!
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Cant you ask for a loan from your mommy or daddy? Maybe put a second mortgage on their 3rd house?
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Good match up for DU. Gwoz said in the post-game interview that sometimes the motivation is hard to find in the first round of WCHA playoff series. Playing the arch-rival should take care of that. Hope everyone is healthy, and stays healthy. I pick DU in two.

As to attendance--a bigger crowd today than I expected, but a noticeable lack of students. Students won't be around next week, due to spring break. I'd expect a tame crowd of about 5000 next weekend, but the hockey should be good! Looking forward to this match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Cant you ask for a loan from your mommy or daddy? Maybe put a second mortgage on their 3rd house?
                              tired

Comment

Working...
                              X