Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    It's playoff hockey weather here in Denver as the temperature has plummeted to seventy-three degrees. Brrrr.

From DU's weekly release.
    INJURY REPORT...The Pioneers enter this weekend’s series with Colorado College with no significant player injuries.
    Its so cold, I'm wearing shorts today!
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Go CC!

Comment

Just finished running some errands in my 'hood on the DU side of town. It's less than two and a half hours until the puck drops for the DU-CC series and the temperature is seventy-six degrees. The ice might be a bit sloppy late in the game as the temp in Magness Arena should be warmer than usual.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

From Twitter

Jason Zucker ‏@Jason_Zucker16
          Off to Colorado! Can't wait to go to the @DU_Hockey vs. CC game tonight and see more college hockey. #PioNation #OldStompingGrounds
          Drew Shore ‏@drew_shore15
          Good luck to @DU_Hockey as they begin their playoffs tonight! #BestTimeofTheYear
          Geoff ‏@pauko12
          “@drew_shore15: Good luck to @DU_Hockey as they begin their playoffs tonight! #BestTimeofTheYear” #BeatCC #1957 #Gopios
          Matthew Tabrum ‏@HewTabrum14
          @GoalCzar18 you coming to the game tonight? #playoffs
          Denver Boone ‏@DU_Boone
          #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #CCSucks #DUGameDay
          Denver Boone ‏@DU_Boone
          It's a shame there's no DU Basketball game tonight, but fear not Pios! Our Hockey team is playing against CC..
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The gentleman who sits next to me at the games is close friends with Josiah Didier's dad. Jo's dad describes his son's injury as a combination hamstring pull/groin pull. Jo definitely will not play this weekend and it is highly unlikely he will play if Denver advances to the WCHA Final Five. There is a possibility Jo could play if Denver advances to the NCAA tourney.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

The gentleman who sits next to me at the games is close friends with Josiah Didier's dad. Jo's dad describes his son's injury as a combination hamstring pull/groin pull. Jo definitely will not play this weekend and it is highly unlikely he will play if Denver advances to the WCHA Final Five. There is a possibility Jo could play if Denver advances to the NCAA tourney.
              Doesn't sound promising. The boys looked good tonight. I liked the line combos especially Q and Nick together with Knowlton. Ostrow's line had a fine night with all 3 getting goals.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

My old lady and I had fun tonight, right up until I splotched my game-worn D. Shore jersey with burrito juice after our last goal I thought Mayfield and Doremus had nice games. Doremus is getting better and better. I will say this about Scott - it took a long long time; but seems like all this talk about the Captains "holding guys accountable" for crappy penalties - clearly was aimed at him - and as a result, he has been quite Gentlemanly as of late in my opinion atleast. Tomorrow night might be it as far as hockey home games for this school. Least ye forget - new league or not - CC SUCKS! Always has, always will. ONE. NINE. FIVE. SEVEN.
                Last edited by 32 Degrees!; 03-16-2013, 12:14 AM.
                I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

I suspect that Owens will sit Howe tonight. The big question is will CC bring any kind of fore check? There was hardly anything last night. I like the rotation plan by Gwoz and also liked the shake and bake of the lines. Loved hearing the Shore from Shore announcement on the second goal. Congrats to George on the 12th year in a row of hitting the 20W mark. DU is 17-1-1 with a lead heading into the third frame this year.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

My intuition was right on this morning. Didn't think we would see Didier until the NCAAs. Hopefully then.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      Bumped so Mexico can find it
                      One more time! CC's has such a strong presence on these boards that their last post came in 19__?
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Another title for this thread could be...WHEN WILL CC BE PLAYING GOLF? MONDAY OR FRIDAY?
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          Another title for this thread could be...WHEN WILL CC BE PLAYING GOLF? MONDAY OR FRIDAY?
                          Friday the 22nd? You're quite the pessimist.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is the game tonight going to be on TV?
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

Guess it won't be Monday.

Congrats CC!

Comment

Any DU fans looking to sell their F5 tickets?
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X