Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 1st Round MTU @ UND - Huskies don't care Whioux we play, we have THREE Pietilas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA 1st Round MTU @ UND - Huskies don't care Whioux we play, we have THREE Pietilas.

Throw out the regular season records - it's playoff time. Mel's gonna give the boys a pregame talk for the ages and it's gonna be a donnybrook right from the puck drop... maybe sooner. It might be their 100 million dollar rink and their town, but we've got Misfits. And if anything goes down, just remember, we were defending the honor of the WCHA at time. Get the sandbags ready - the Huskies are coming, hell and/or high water.

Ryan J

PS - Nobody better yell the name of their team when I'm trying to listen to the end of the ****ing song.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: WCHA 1st Round MTU @ UND - Huskies don't care Whioux we play, we have THREE Pieti

One last series with UND. Hopefully it's better than the last one.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Throw out the regular season records - it's playoff time. Mel's gonna give the boys a pregame talk for the ages and it's gonna be a donnybrook right from the puck drop... maybe sooner. It might be their 100 million dollar rink and their town, but we've got Misfits. And if anything goes down, just remember, we were defending the honor of the WCHA at time. Get the sandbags ready - the Huskies are coming, hell and/or high water.

Ryan J

PS - Nobody better yell the name of their team when I'm trying to listen to the end of the ****ing song.

You should be good. We don't have a team name.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Re: WCHA 1st Round MTU @ UND - Huskies don't care Whioux we play, we have THREE Pieti

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        You should be good. We don't have a team name.
        Does that really stop the annoying tradition though? (Honestly curious, it's a horrible tradition...)
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Does that really stop the annoying tradition though? (Honestly curious, it's a horrible tradition...)
          No, a horrible tradition is Michigan Tech's of being a terrible at hockey for 30 years.

UND in two.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Many schools have copied the tradition, none with any significant success. If you understand history, the upper great plains are the "home of the Sioux". They were the most dominant of the plains indians. This is the reason that the tradition will NEVER DIE.

IF you're waiting to see what Mickey Mouse name we will replace it with, you are in for a very long wait. The NCAA may have had the power to remove the name, but that's all, that's enough. It's North Dakota now, officially, and Fighting Sioux unofficially.

If a politician or higher education appointee in North Dakota wants to keep their job, they will not even discuss a new name. No brag, just fact!

Just as their are limits to how much discrimination a warrior will take before he fights, we North Dakotans have our limit. Take away our name... but understand that you take it away for you, not us. The Sioux name will live on with respect and honor, as long as the grasses grow and the rivers flow.

Sioux Ya Ya!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BismarckFan View Post
              Many schools have copied the tradition, none with any significant success. If you understand history, the upper great plains are the "home of the Sioux". They were the most dominant of the plains indians. This is the reason that the tradition will NEVER DIE
              That cheer is probably the most disrespectful thing I've experienced in all my roadtrips. It's your prerogative to continue it but the song you disgrace in order to continue your childish cheer is far more important than the fight for a "hostile and abusive" nickname.* The history of the Great Plains is irrelevant, you and your fans show a lack of respect for the country we live in and those who have their lives so that you and the rest of us living here can be free.

*The NCAAs words not mine, I've always thought the NCAA had no business telling UND to change their nickname.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                That cheer is probably the most disrespectful thing I've experienced in all my roadtrips. It's your prerogative to continue it but the song you disgrace in order to continue your childish cheer is far more important than the fight for a "hostile and abusive" nickname.* The history of the Great Plains is irrelevant, you and your fans show a lack of respect for the country we live in and those who have their lives so that you and the rest of us living here can be free.

*The NCAAs words not mine, I've always thought the NCAA had no business telling UND to change their nickname.
                Good. The less opposing fans like it, the better! Though this is another reason we got divorced, I just couldn't handle your constant whining about it. It consumed your life and was really pathetic.

Huskies get slaughtered.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by BismarckFan View Post
                  Many schools have copied the tradition, none with any significant success. If you understand history, the upper great plains are the "home of the Sioux". They were the most dominant of the plains indians. This is the reason that the tradition will NEVER DIE.

IF you're waiting to see what Mickey Mouse name we will replace it with, you are in for a very long wait. The NCAA may have had the power to remove the name, but that's all, that's enough. It's North Dakota now, officially, and Fighting Sioux unofficially.

If a politician or higher education appointee in North Dakota wants to keep their job, they will not even discuss a new name. No brag, just fact!

Just as their are limits to how much discrimination a warrior will take before he fights, we North Dakotans have our limit. Take away our name... but understand that you take it away for you, not us. The Sioux name will live on with respect and honor, as long as the grasses grow and the rivers flow.

Sioux Ya Ya!!!!
                  I could care less what nickname was being yelled and don't agree with the NCAA decision to revoke the nickname. That's got nothing do with why I dislike the chant... I don't make a sound during or at the end of the national anthem. A WWII combat veteran saluting the flag throughout the anthem explained to me once that he doesn't cheer afterwards because he's always reminded of buddies that didn't make it back home and uses that bit of time to think about and say a prayer for them. I'm not a religious man at all, but I've not clapped or cheered since.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

You don't change the words to the anthem, I don't care who you are. And I even dislike the "RED" emphasis that Cornell does.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I could care less what nickname was being yelled and don't agree with the NCAA decision to revoke the nickname. That's got nothing do with why I dislike the chant... I don't make a sound during or at the end of the national anthem. A WWII combat veteran saluting the flag throughout the anthem explained to me once that he doesn't cheer afterwards because he's always reminded of buddies that didn't make it back home and uses that bit of time to think about and say a prayer for them. I'm not a religious man at all, but I've not clapped or cheered since.
                      This post says exactly why the "Home of the Sioux" is such an ugly tradition and reflects so badly on the state of North Dakota. The stupid, drunk hockey fans at the Hitler shrine up there have no understanding of history or common decency or what it means to live in this country. They should stop them at the border before they get here and teach them a little about the U.S.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Less than 24 hours after its origination, USCHO posters inspect the remains of a thread which was supposed to be about hockey...
                        I think we've been over all this before folks.

Ryan J

*****http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1141198.1345571881!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/derailwire22n-1-web.jpg******
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Ryan for being a Tech poster, you sure want to talk hockey early in the week!
                          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-10-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Ryan for bring a Tech poster, you sure want to talk hockey early in the week!
                            No kidding!

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              This post says exactly why the "Home of the Sioux" is such an ugly tradition and reflects so badly on the state of North Dakota. The stupid, drunk hockey fans at the Hitler shrine up there have no understanding of history or common decency or what it means to live in this country. They should stop them at the border before they get here and teach them a little about the U.S.

Have fun in your one-bit league next year!

UND in two.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X