Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Did Someone from PC kill a gypsy at some point? Yet another awful performance in an important game.
    They played great for the final 20-25 minutes...have to bring the intensity right out of the gate tomorrow.

Gilles will want that 3rd goal back. Probably the worst goal he gave up all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
      They played great for the final 20-25 minutes...have to bring the intensity right out of the gate tomorrow.

Gilles will want that 3rd goal back. Probably the worst goal he gave up all year.
      I'm just hoping this doesn't completely deflate the team. They played well, the result still sucks.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        unh win tommorow and there back to 4th in power.
        I'm at best a novice in terms of understanding the intricacies of the PWR system (not to mention how the permutations change the sorting,) but will go out on a limb and say that our position after tomorrow's game depends upon all the other games that happen between now and late tomorrow evening.
        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I'm just hoping this doesn't completely deflate the team. They played well, the result still sucks.
          Happy to have traveled down to Providence and see the game today -- had fun, sitting among some very vociferous yet good spirited PC fans. Didn't see last night's game, but heard it on the radio, and your sentiments reflect mine of yesterday.
          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
          --Richard Dawkins

Comment

My friend bet $100 on UNH today...this was his quote: "Guaranteed win for the Wildcats today, because they have to lose tomorrow in the most agonizing way possible."

I hope he's wrong...I just thought it was kind of funny. I hope the Wildcats win and we'll see you at the Garden!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              My friend bet $100 on UNH today...this was his quote: "Guaranteed win for the Wildcats today, because they have to lose tomorrow in the most agonizing way possible."

I hope he's wrong...I just thought it was kind of funny. I hope the Wildcats win and we'll see you at the Garden!
              Which is completely nonsensical, of course -- we could have lost today in the most agonizing way possible. (But I'm happy that he won the $100, and hope he is wrong tomorrow. If he isn't, I'll be equally pleased that PC gets to play UML again, on Friday. That would be a good game.)
              ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                Which is completely nonsensical, of course -- we could have lost today in the most agonizing way possible. (But I'm happy that he won the $100, and hope he is wrong tomorrow. If he isn't, I'll be equally pleased that PC gets to play UML again, on Friday. That would be a good game.)
                Well, I think what he was saying is that they always get SOOOOOO close before they lose. Look at 2009 for the latest example.

Comment

If he isn't, I'll be equally pleased that PC gets to play UML again, on Friday. That would be a good game.
                  Indeed it would be, I wouldn't mind seeing that but would prefer it in the championship game.

Also, shouldn't your sig be UNH Wildcats: Winners, 2XXX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship?
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Well, I think what he was saying is that they always get SOOOOOO close before they lose. Look at 2009 for the latest example.
                    Ahhh, 2009... Manchester... we'll always have North Dakota, with the game-tying goal scored by UNH with 0.6 seconds left. That's how I like to remember 2009.
                    (The next afternoon, not so much.)
                    ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      Indeed it would be, I wouldn't mind seeing that but would prefer it in the championship game.

Also, shouldn't your sig be UNH Wildcats: Winners, 2XXX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship?
                      I've been waiting for that comment! (And that signature could also be true -- without making the one I chose false. )

You will either play PC or us on Friday, with the winner playing once again (grrrrr!) a Boston team in the championship. But I agree with the sentiment.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

They tend to treat the season like a UNH undergrad course. Start out strong to make a good impression, tread water through the rest of the season, flop around towards the end and squeeze out a B in finals week.
                        Hit Somebody!

Comment

Ahhh, 2009... Manchester... we'll always have North Dakota, with the game-tying goal scored by UNH with 0.6 seconds left. That's how I like to remember 2009.
                          (The next afternoon, not so much.)
                          .1 seconds left. Such a fun game.

Anyways...making my yearly appearance. I still follow UNH on the scoreboards weekly, even though I haven't been to a game since 09, and haven't been to a game at the Whitt since....06?

Since I work for an airline and get wonderful flight benefits, I'd love to see UNH make it to the Frozen Four. I'd seriously consider attending.
                          UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            I've been waiting for that comment! (And that signature could also be true -- without making the one I chose false. )

You will either play PC or us on Friday, with the winner playing once again (grrrrr!) a Boston team in the championship. But I agree with the sentiment.
                            So make sure you guys go at least one full OT and get yourselves nice and worn out for us. Thanks!
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                              Agree.

If PC blows a chance to put this away today, just as it blew the chance to win the HE RS title last week, they will be a puddle tomorrow.

Motha always told me to stay out of puddles!

Well Felger, now UNH has to prove us right!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                So make sure you guys go at least one full OT and get yourselves nice and worn out for us. Thanks!
                                I saw some chatter that NESN decides which actual time slot the teams play in. Did anybody clarify that and if its true, I'm thinking NESN will opt for BU/BC for the late game. Which IF UNH wins today, puts a serious damper on my chances of attending the game since I work in VT all week

Comment

Working...
                                X