Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=unh1982;5672664]
    Originally posted by Netman View Post
    Due to construction, capacity is about 1000 seats less.[/QUOTE
    was at the game UNH clearly outplayed them , including the 4 breakaways , however cant solve the goalie. UNH for once hustled and even beat men to the pucks ... do or die tommorow.
    I never did quite get the outplayed-them-except-for-goalie thing. Isn't thé goalie a player? Baseball: "we outplayed them except for the pitcher".

Comment

Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
      nope rink was open for its full capacity , but 2/3 full, first hockey east playoffs in like 8 years and only 2400 , wow
      HE Quarterfinals typically do not draw well. Only 3200 tonight at BC. Just 2700 at BU. Lowell did well but they're the only ones who did and it was the 2nd game of the series. Besides, aren't most schools on spring break this week?

Given the timing and nature of the format, the QF round has played to diminishing attendance for years. It might be the fairest way to do the playoffs, but it's the least appealing in terms of the gate many years and in many locations.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Is UNH in the NCAA's if they lose tomorrow night.
        Yes, I believe that they are a lock for Manchvegas, but could fall to a 4 seed, which would send UML west if they hang onto their 1 seed, as Quinnipiac will keep the 1 seed at Providence no matter what, I think. Keep an eye on the pairwise thread started by Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Yes, I believe that they are a lock for Manchvegas, but could fall to a 4 seed, which would send UML west if they hang onto their 1 seed, as Quinnipiac will keep the 1 seed at Providence no matter what, I think. Keep an eye on the pairwise thread started by Priceless.
          Wonder if UNH gets in if PC ends up somehow winning the whole conference tourney?
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

[QUOTE=snively;5673064]
            I never did quite get the outplayed-them-except-for-goalie thing. Isn't thé goalie a player? Baseball: "we outplayed them except for the pitcher".
            Saracino had a lot to do with the final score.

It's not like PC had 1 goal and Gillies made 67 saves.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
              I'm sorry, but let's call a spade a spade. Despite still being ranked #7 in the country, we have exactly 2 wins in our last 11
              It is uncanny the way UNH repeats history over and over with strong, looking invincible, starts to a season only to see the team wither and collapse as the 2nd half continues into the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Yes. Nightmare scenario for UML. Earning a #1 seed and being sent west due to this 'host team' rule. Hoping that UNH gets up to a #3 or drops out altogether at this point. Yes, even if it means rooting against PC. Sorry guys.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                  HE Quarterfinals typically do not draw well. Only 3200 tonight at BC. Just 2700 at BU. Lowell did well but they're the only ones who did and it was the 2nd game of the series. Besides, aren't most schools on spring break this week?

Given the timing and nature of the format, the QF round has played to diminishing attendance for years. It might be the fairest way to do the playoffs, but it's the least appealing in terms of the gate many years and in many locations.
                  At 15 $ a whack who would go , a little costly for some people

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Yes. Nightmare scenario for UML. Earning a #1 seed and being sent west due to this 'host team' rule. Hoping that UNH gets up to a #3 or drops out altogether at this point. Yes, even if it means rooting against PC. Sorry guys.
                    What would motivate a team to host a regional if there is no guarantee of playing at the site they are hosting, given they make the tournament?

Comment

• Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Wonder if UNH gets in if PC ends up somehow winning the whole conference tourney?
                      PC winning the tourney would certainly be the death knell for BU, but probably not for UNH. I don't think they'd drop far enough to be a bubble team even with a loss tonight. Probably a four seed, which would mean UML gets sent west as a #1 like what happened to BC in 2011.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        Watching online and the guy keeps saying "good crowd on hand" while it looks 2/3 full? Always hated when we played at Schneider! Looks like the Wildcats are having the same luck we had down there...possession time 2/3 to UNH but still losing...gotta put home their opportunities!!
                        By PC standards, it was a good crowd. Providence Bruins were home and the high school championship was being payed at Brown. Getting just under 2,400 is good for PC...especially with a large student turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          there is a thread I saw a few days back , they gave breakdown of what if scenarios . UNH has a three percent chance of missing NCAA. As im sure they are not dead accurate Even at UNH demise would love to see PC make NCAA as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                            By PC standards, it was a good crowd. Providence Bruins were home and the high school championship was being payed at Brown. Getting just under 2,400 is good for PC...especially with a large student turnout.

True and it was larger then its previous second semester "sellouts". However I noticed a lot of season ticket holders not there. I assume since many were of the family pack buyers they didn't like the per seat charge which was a large markup and even some of the other season ticket holders not there. With the $10 processing fee what season ticket holders pay per game is doubled for the playoffs, when you have other choices who give deals you don't get the crowd. We'll see today if they chose just the Saturday game because it is at a good time.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

[QUOTE=snively;5673064]
                              I never did quite get the outplayed-them-except-for-goalie thing. Isn't thé goalie a player?
                              Agreed 100%. It's one of my pet peeves too. Also, for those who put weight on SOG stats ... there's a reason why the big numbers on the scoreboard are for goals, and the tiny ones are for SOG's. The big ones matter, the small ones don't. And "close" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, etc.

Sadly for UNH, this is all going WAY too close to the usual script. I'd like to say maybe not spotting your opposition a two-goal lead and turning that around might be the blueprint, but as we saw last Saturday night, that doesn't come with any guarantees either ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon;5673347]
                                Originally posted by snively View Post

Saracino had a lot to do with the final score.

It's not like PC had 1 goal and Gillies made 67 saves.
                                I think DeSmith had a lot to do with the final score. On 2 of 3 goals he was just flat out beat, faced up, unscreened and no tips, from around the face off circle. I've seen that about a dozen times this year. Somehow I doubt all these "snipers" are threading the proverbial needle against DeSmith.

As I pointed out in the UNH season thread, DeSmith's save percentage is slightly over .800 in big games or against top teams this year, and his gaa is north of 4 in those games.
                                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Working...
                                X