Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Whats the parking situation like? Been to several women's games down there, the one time I went to a men's game I was running late and ended up parking in someone's yard with what appeared to be half of Providence (I was lucky not to get towed; guess they couldn't get us all, right?).
    If you get there early enough, you can park on Huxley Ave. If not, they herd you literally to the other side of the campus.
    Last edited by Jon; 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Re: parking

I don't know why Brown and PC don't have garages near their facilities. If they truly want the rinks to be packed at each game, they need to find a way to accommodate 3,000+ fans, most of whom need to park somewhere. Build a small garage where current lots are, charge $5 a pop on game day, and everyone's happy.

Right now, parking at either arena is painful and darn near impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Re: parking

I don't know why Brown and PC don't have garages near their facilities. If they truly want the rinks to be packed at each game, they need to find a way to accommodate 3,000+ fans, most of whom need to park somewhere. Build a small garage where current lots are, charge $5 a pop on game day, and everyone's happy.

Right now, parking at either arena is painful and darn near impossible.
        I agree with both. I've never figured out where to park at Meehan. If the Bears continue to improve, they might be nigh impossible to see...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by unhgrad71 View Post
          "fire Umile" thread- Some people just don't understand! UNH isn't going to fire Coach Umile. Dick Umile bleeds blue and white. I was there at UNH when he played. He was a tenacious forward with lots of grit. The coach has given many years of service to this university. There are many reasons why a program never seems to satisfy its' fans. Lack of national championships, failure to win the HE tournament, inability to fill all the seats, style of play and the inability to recruit the top level player which
          Boston College, for example, is able to recruit.

When Brian McCloskey(sp.) was the main recruiter UNH continued to land highly talented recruits. The team also seemed to
          have the players of grit who would give the extra effort. The results of the second half of this season is an old theme. Maybe
          it is the break at Christmas time which doesn't help team rhythm. Maybe it is the lack of focus and players reading news
          clipings and following ratings and rankings.

Simply the current team isn't playing up to the potential it showed in the first have of the season. It's time for the captain's to rally the troops to step up their game. A poor showing in Providence will either doom them for non-selection to the NCAA
          tournament or gurantee an early exit from the regionals in Manchester.

Can a coach change the lines, switch the goalie or have his team adjust to the other team's style of play? Of course he can.
          Now let's stop this foolishness about firing coach Umile. Get behind your team and cheer hard and hope it makes a difference.

I am a UNH alum 71' and proud of it. Go Cats. "Negativity is never a solution."
          "Negativity is never a solution." Mais it seem stupidity is always an optione, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I agree with both. I've never figured out where to park at Meehan. If the Bears continue to improve, they might be nigh impossible to see...
            There's a lot on Brooks St (parallel to Hope) that is used by Brown staff during the day but is open to the public after 6:00.

There WAS a lot outside of Meehan and the Pizz, but they decided to make it into a student gym...and them built the gym next door and turned the lot into a meaningless grassy area with a couple benches.

Comment

Parking is a breeze at either rink if you know the secret password...

I'm not saying though.

Comment

My preview for SBNation of the Hockey East quarterfinal series between Providence and UNH.

http://sbn.to/16wbSwZ
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Well, it's a new season. Everybody is back to 0 with the exception of Maine of course

Drop the puck already please
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Viva l'alliance! Go pc!
                    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Most teams try to put themselves in the "Cinderella story" position by getting better, not by getting worse...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Well, it's a new season. Everybody is back to 0 with the exception of Maine of course

Drop the puck already please
                        will be there shortly , go blue

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                          will be there shortly , go blue
                          good man. wish i was there but I'm going to watch on the hockey east feed.enjoy
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Nice thoughts '71', well stated and totally agree with you and e.cat's positive attitude towards our future...recent history,2 months, tell us to be skeptics but we bleed blue and white for a reason: we always root and believe in UNH.
                            Hope we show up and play with heart...I'll be happy no matter the outcome then...and I can't root against Gillies, since his Dad, Bruce (UNH 82) is so proud of him.....just have to root for the Wildcats! It'll be a long weekend since 3 games seem a guarantee.....enjoy everyone!

Comment

Be loud and proud 'Cats fans. Go Blue!

Comment

Well here we go again .... and here I am .... radio on to the correct station .... a beverage to dull my anxiety .... and raise my hopes. Got my Snively 1967-1968 hoodie on (pathetic I know) .... and prepared to live and ____ with the wildcats. Go get em guys and do it for yourself as individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X